$84
$139
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,555 results
All reviewsrestaurant with roomsdeck roomcamber sandssand dunesbeach hutenglish wineslambdungenesswine listopposite the beachsmall roomboutique hotellocal producetea and cakegranolasouth coastone night stay
Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a treat,we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary.probably the only reason to visit Camber except for the beach but you are just down the road from Rye which is very quaint. From the minute we arrived we were made very welcome. We did the Sunday lunch special with overnight stay and breakfast which was just as amazing as the fantastic Sunday lunch and trust me I am a food critic wannabe and I could not fault the food here so big well done to the chef!
Staff all very helpful and pleasant. Room beautiful and comfy huge bed (room 8). Loved the Noble Isle toiletries can't wait to purchase some! Hubby loved the fact the bar did some great beers which is often his complaint in hotels.
Good walking beach over the road ,bought back many childhood memories spent on Camber beach.
If I had to find fault I should have queried the service charge on my bill ( just under £6) but I didn't notice until in the car and quite honestly I had such a nice time I felt the extra was ok (just bit naughty of them maybe).
Can't wait to return though.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed here with a travel zoo voucher for my birthday and what a joy. Everything from the staff, the room, the restaurant, the food was faultless. We had afternoon tea with delicious homemade cakes and lovely tea. We had a fabulous evening meal and upgraded from the beachcomber menu for another £15.00 each (well worth it!) We will definitely be going back - maybe in the summer when we can take advantage of the lovely beach.

Just one small comment - whilst most of the ingredients are locally sourced, why have bottled water from Harrogate?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adobeKent
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Wonderful beach walks with little dog.

Thank you Gallivant for being a perfect little weekend away destination, with warmth, comfort, large room, comfy bed, friendly staff and superb food (the goats cheese soufflé was simply divine). Our room was No 17 which was one of the larger outside ones perfect as we had our little Jack Russell with us and literally about 20 steps away across the quiet road we were in the dunes area and after a sandy up and over, miles of wide beach walks awaited.

After a lovely evening meal and a good nights sleep we enjoyed a fabulous walk at 8 o'clock Saturday morning, not many on the beach, then a trickle of people and by the end of our 90 min walk, back in time for breakfast, horses, running clubs and all sorts were enjoying the lovely Camber Sands on a sunny brisk November morning. Breakfast was lovely although the scrambled egg was of an odd consistency but the homemade bread for toasting was absolutely delicious.

We had a wonderful weekend enjoying the sights of Rye and the beautiful bleakness of Dungeness - a must and staying at the Gallivant was the icing on the cake.

1  Thank Triptrav
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived shortly before 4 pm, just in time for the complimentary tea and cakes served in the Bistro, wonderful start to our stay. The staff were welcoming, we were shown to our room (no.9). The rooms was warm and extremely clean and comfortable. The bathrobes were a nice touch. The evening meal was wonderful. The package included the Beachcomber menu but for £15 you can upgrade to the Al a Carte. The food and service were faultless, an extensive wine list and a nice relaxed atmosphere. After a lovely breakfast, great choice, we had a wander over to the beach, which is directly across from the hotel. In summer I can imagine this being a very popular location, you can;t get much closer to the wonderful beach.

1  Thank Lynn1138966
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have to say I was rather disappointed when we drove up to the Gallivant. It's not a particularly attractive building, is on a busy main road and does not have sea views, BUT it is literally opposite the beach and so is in a great location. The reception area is warm and inviting and the seaside shabby chic theme is executed well. We stayed in one of the rooms that aren't in the main building - hence why to us this was definitely a motel - and it was clean, nicely decorated and reasonably spacious. There was no wardrobe which I could imagine would be rather irritating if you were staying for more than a couple of nights. The view from our window was of an overgrown garden which was not great. We wanted a drink before we ate, but there is only a very small lounge area and not much room at the bar and so we had to go straight to our table. It was great to see local produce on the menu and, despite the menu being small, the food was good. Unfortunately one of the oysters I ate gave me a bit of sickness (NOT the chef's fault) and I pitied the couple in the next room as they could definitely hear my night time manoeuvres as the walls are very thin! The Secret Escapes deal we had meant the room was reasonably priced and included breakfast, but to be honest I don't think I would pay that much more. I can imagine in summer it's a great place to stay as you're so close to the beach.

1  Thank Lucymariejj