“Very enjoyable night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Langleys

Langleys
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: European, British, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discerning diners of Surbiton will once again have a brasserie style restaurant & wine bar at the heart of their community, serving freshly prepared food in a relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, with a menu that will entice and cater for all palettes. The entire building has been renovated; original features have been sympathetically restored and contemporary elements introduced, moulding together to deliver a charming and relaxed ambience.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable night out”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Really enjoyed our evening out for dinner at Langleys whilst visiting family- this is their local restaurant, and we can see why it's a favourite with them. An enjoyable time, with the staff making us feel very welcome, taking a personal interest in what we wanted. An interesting menu and we all enjoyed our varied selectiions.

• Visited January 2014
Bevan H, Owner at Langleys, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Lowz A

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are always pleased to have a positive response from customers frequenting our establishment.

We were especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that the staff made you feel welcome. I am sure your review will go a long way in assisting Langleys Restaurant to becoming a pleasant local eatery. With any restaurant, its reputation and success is totally dependent on word of mouth and high customer satisfaction.

Thank you once again for all your comments and I sincerely hope to see you again here with the family very soon. On behalf of all the staff, my wife Miranda, and I would like to thank you for supporting us over the last month and would like to wish you all the very best for 2014.

Kind regards,

London
“noisy but nice”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our second visit full house as last time. Very noisy with lots at the bar as well as restaurant. Promptly seated with menus good. Starters were simple but tasty soup and a Caesar salad. For mains I chose the game pie and David had the fish cakes both ok. The days of Cod on the menu seem to have been replaced by Pollock (not to our taste). We washed our food down with a bottle of Gavi. Desserts to complete: we had white choc cheesecake/ice cream and D had the Fool which was supposed to have brandy in it.. Coffee and Amaretto to close.Good value at £84

A bit hot with a full house and heating at full blast. We were sitting on top of a radiator.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rob D
Dear Rob D

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write another review on Trip Advisor. We are always pleased to have positive feedback from customers frequenting our establishment. And although most of the feedback is positive I do take on board any comments made in reviews about us. With any restaurant, its reputation and success is totally dependent on word of mouth and high customer satisfaction.

I remember looking after you on Friday evening and yes you are correct in saying that we were busy and the noise levels of drinkers around the bar was loud. Friday nights seem to be our liveliest with office staff coming after work for a well earned drink or two and some food. We do try our best to keep the noise levels down by turning the music off, however the room itself and the décor make this impossible to do at the best of times.

We are glad that you enjoyed the food and we are also in the process of changing some items on our menu namely our fish dishes. We still have our battered cod dish on the menu, but it is in our lunch category. If in future you want this, please let us know as we are certainly able to serve it in the evening.

We are also in the process of getting air conditioning units to try and spread the heating and cooling throughout the restaurant. As you are aware, the heating at the moment only runs down the length of all the windows and on busy nights guests sitting there could be a tab warmer than most.

We were very pleased that you found the overall experience of good value for money and that you both enjoyed the evening out.

Thank you once again for all your comments and I sincerely hope to see you again here very soon. On behalf of all the staff, my wife Miranda, and I would like to thank you for supporting us over the last month and would like to wish you a very Happy New Year.

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Really good lunch in December - even though there was an office Christmas party happening at the next table - we were well looked after and the food was good.

Dear Sue D

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are always pleased to have a positive response from customers frequenting our establishment. With any restaurant, its reputation and success is totally dependent on word of mouth and high customer satisfaction.

We were thrilled to hear that despite there been a Christmas Office Party going on you still managed to enjoy your lunch. It is never easy trying to create the right balance of service when there are large parties celebrating Christmas. I am sure your review will go a long way in assisting Langleys Restaurant to becoming a pleasant local eatery.

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambience, excellent food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been several times for drinks and love this place. Lots of friends have started eating here regularly and like it. I took colleagues to each Christmas lunch here and I have to say it was excellent - the food was great, the service very good as usual and of equal value to anywhere else we tried over the Christmas period but much better quality. My colleagues were impressed too and they get to eat in lots of places all over the world!

Dear Janice H

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are always pleased to have a positive response from customers frequenting our establishment and especially pleased when we receive full marks. With any restaurant, its reputation and success is totally dependent on word of mouth and high customer satisfaction.

We were unsure how our first Christmas at Langleys was going to pan out, but with lots of planning and team work, I think we all agreed that is was a resounding success. We are very thankful for all the business you have sent our way and hope that we may carry on providing you with the lovely ambience and excellent food you have come to expect at Langleys. I am certain your review will go a long way in assisting Langleys Restaurant to becoming a popular local eatery.

chessington surrey
“Nice friendly restaurant”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We tried to book at Langleys a few weeks before we did get to experience a meal at Langleys they was fully booked at that time. Myself and my husband went in on the way back from Kingston on Monday 23rd December 2013. My hubby had a starter and we both had the fish & chips we could not finish the meal the chunky chips and the size of the fish is very genuras and the mushy peas are to die for. Very good value for money very friendly staff.

Dear Garyrobert40

We were especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that the portion sizes were above average, the mushy peas 'to die for' and that you found it to be good value for money. I am sure your review will go a long way in assisting Langleys Restaurant to becoming a pleasant local eatery.