“Amazing food, slow service”
Review of The Indian Tapas - CLOSED

The Indian Tapas
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Indian Tapas! Presents Indian cuisine with unique and colourful flare.Over the centuries, each new wave of Indian settlers brought their own culinary practice which, with time, blended into the Indian cuisine as it is known today. Indian cuisine is labelled to have large array of flavors and hefty portions making it is difficult to take pleasure of relishing most of it at the same time. In our restaurant with our tapas style; you have an opportunity to order as little or as much as you desire and yet savour the selection of food to your preference and appetite. Our chefs have creatively blended various Indian spices and aromatics from northern meat infused preparations to southern seafood choices to tantalise your palates.
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is such a good idea. The fact that you can all try each other's food in a tapas style.

The food is amazing. I really cannot fault that.

The only thing which I hope the owners could take some feedback on is the service. They are vey friendly but I don't think they are trained very well. This is the only gripe I would have.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great concept that really works. Staff are helpful if you have any questions, food is well presented and everything we tried was great.

If you eat spicy food maybe ask for them to make it hotter as the hottest item on the menu was not that spicy (know I will when I go back)

Speed of service was very slow and had to ask more than once for a few things and the bill.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you live in Surbiton and love curry this is a must. Menu is different to what you would usually see on any normal curry house menu, a lot of thought has been put into selecting a range of exquisite dishes that you really out to try them all! Will definitely return.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

2 weeks after leaving my first review of Cabana on TripAdvisor we returned to give it another go and we weren't disappointed! It was like everything I'd said in my previous review had been listened too and taken on board. There was no incense burning to ruin the taste of the food and the staff were less speedy to whip our dishes away before we were done this time. We knew not to order the tempura prawns again which was the only dish we didn't like last time and got to try out some of the other dishes on the tapas menu which were all delicious! The staff were friendly and helpful like last time. We will be sure to return again and again!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Wow I thought I'd had some good curries, but this is so different it is so refreshing. The food is gorgeous and cooked to perfection. Not a traditional curry if you want vindaloo or chicken tikka masala or something that burns your mouth off, it's far more sophisticated than that. The staff are friendly and attentive but not too pushy. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Neil_ponton