“Every dish was full of flavour and well prepared”
Review of The Indian Tapas - CLOSED

The Indian Tapas
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Indian Tapas! Presents Indian cuisine with unique and colourful flare.Over the centuries, each new wave of Indian settlers brought their own culinary practice which, with time, blended into the Indian cuisine as it is known today. Indian cuisine is labelled to have large array of flavors and hefty portions making it is difficult to take pleasure of relishing most of it at the same time. In our restaurant with our tapas style; you have an opportunity to order as little or as much as you desire and yet savour the selection of food to your preference and appetite. Our chefs have creatively blended various Indian spices and aromatics from northern meat infused preparations to southern seafood choices to tantalise your palates.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stumbled across this little gem that my fiancé thinks is the best Indian we've ever had.

Lovely ambience, friendly staff, but of course the food sells the place. As India is a rather large continent it's fair to say that there are many ways to enjoy the food and this restaurant's menu is full of beautifully presented tasty dishes. We went back again a week later as my fiancé wanted to try more of the menu! We ordered 3 tapas and a curry with Nan between two and have left stuffed both times.

Definitely our favourite Indian.

1  Thank Ali C

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Like others before us, we we very impressed with Cabana. Having booked via TopTable for the 30% discount, we were delighted to discover that they were offering 2-4-1 on main courses on a Monday (and I think some other) nights.

We had the recommended 6 tapas dishes and none were less than good and some excellent. Some dishes we might have tried were not available, but there was still plenty of choice available. It's a bit of a one man band, and I'm not sure how they'd cope when it is busy, but we were treated very well and made to feel welcome.

Ove the years I've been to a number of Indian restaurants which claimed to be different, and few have been successful, but Cabana has fresh, well-balanced food which really is a step above the familiar Bangladeshi food served in most 'Indian' restaurants. We'll certainly be back.

1  Thank Carpentr
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just had Indian tapas at the Cabana Indian Tapas in Tolworth, as it was our first visit wasn't quiet sure what to expect, but believe me, the experience is worth it, no bulked out curries, just perfect portions of some of the best Indian food we have tried, our host was on hand to help us with the menu and explain the dishes, excellent food. One thing never been a fan of Indian deserts but you must try the cricket ball...,

1  Thank Dave A
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visited Cabana Indian Tapas on recommendation from Tripadvisor.

It is a smallish restaurant with a slightly spartan but pleasant and lively ambience. The restaurant is run by Dutta, who also doubles up as your host and waits on you personally. His business partner is the chef.

We were received very well upon arrival for dinner and were surprised to see good variety in the menu card. Expecting the usual fiery food that is usually dished out in Europe under the guise of Indian food, we were treated to the best North Indian food we have had outside of India. As a vegetarian, I can only speak for the vegetarian options though. The gravies were all full of flavours and each different from the other.

We did however have to wait a while for the food, as there was just one person waiting at all the tables. Not to forget, the entire dining experience was enhanced by an extremely friendly host.

Looking forward to visit again.

1  Thank Vinod R
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went with my friends on Friday ,well this was my 2nd visit and I should say it was yet another great experience I had , there are some more additions in the menu so loved trying a few more this time. Stuffed mushrooms, and cottage cheese with pineapple , amritsari fish were my favourites. As it is great value for money, nice cozy feel and outstanding flavours. I will definitely become a regular now.

1  Thank RimmiS