“Afternoon Tea” 4 of 5 bubbles

The French Tarte
Ranked #18 of 114 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, England, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 friends had afternoon tea.
In short it was delicious and great value for money there was enough for the 4 of us and we had plenty I would definitely recommend and go again. It puts all the overpriced London afternoon tea experiences to shame.

London, England
“So pleased it opened”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

As with anyone who has dined in the French table I have lusted after their bread, and now they've opened a bakery. All the flavour and quality diners in the French Table have come to expect in take home portions. Fantastic

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Thursday Moules & Frites night, great value at £10 - Food was lovely and the service excellent. Very friendly. Would def go again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“VERY RUDE, BAD MANNERED & IGNORANT MEMBER OF STAFF!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

After dropping my son at the school opposite & popping in to this wonderfully inviting place for a latté to go! I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth & rather upset by an immensely rude member of staff; who I might add also attempted on two occasions to intimidate me!!

Upon placing my order I respectfully asked the barista if he'd object to me sitting on one of the chairs whilst I waited for the arrival of my friend?
He rudely retorted that yes he would personally object to me sitting outside! Although I might add it was 9am & there was no-one sat outside or indeed inside at the time!!
I, quite astonished my his tone & response, replied with dignity saying I just thought it respectful to ask!
He then curtly added that I could pay for my coffee at the 'drink in' price & then be seated, I said no thank you.
He hurled the price at me with no please & when I asked if the money was correct? He neither thanked me for its receipt, answered my question or said goodbye!!

I then perched myself on a built up wooden flower bed overlooking the shop next door & not the 'TFT'!
Between serving customers on two occasions he came outside, loudly & unnecessarily dragged chairs 'more' into place & shot me an insolent glare! On both occasions I was speaking on the telephone to my sister explaining the situation & my shock at the treatment I had received from this member of staff!

Although I cannot be sure, I'm quite certain, had I not been using my telephone, he'd have asked me to move on; why else would he look me up & down & glare at me in an intimidating manner?!!

The 'TFT' looks a delightful place & I would have loved to have frequented the establishment & indeed dined there, indulging my passion for French cuisine!!
I will however after this dreadful first impression & treatment from a member of staff; NEVER go there again & will speak negatively in an animated fashion about the appalling treatment I received there...

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Wutine
London
“Mussels and frites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went to one of their early evening dinners for mussels and frites. The food was good the service was warm and friendly, and the experience was excellent value £10. Will definitely go again

• Visited September 2013