“Very friendly service and lovely food”
Review of Casa Viva

Casa Viva
Ranked #32 of 117 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant savour a taste of Italy in Surbiton. We offer a selection of regional dishes from Southern Italy. The Bar Contains a wide range of classic and contemporary cocktails as well as our all-Italian wine list. You can enjoy our Italian tapas any time of day, ideal for mid-afternoon snack or after work drinks with friends and colleagues. Perfect for aperitivo time Venue Ideal for parties, birthdays and corporate events. Casa Viva provides the perfect environment for any kind of event, from work gatherings to big celebrations.
London
“Very friendly service and lovely food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We booked Casa Viva for a family birthday celebration and were not disappointed. We had two small children with us and they were made very welcome. Service was not slow, and there were bowls of olives on the table for us while we waited and then bread was brought round. Everybody enjoyed their meal- I had calamari followed by veal with mushrooms in a cream sauce. Both were wonderful. The set dinner (very reasonably priced) had whitebait as an option for starter, which was tempting, as whitebait isn't so often available. One of the nice things about Casa Viva is that we weren't cramped in any way, although we were quite a big party. The table was large and there seemed to be plenty of room generally. I'd definitely go there again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank chelseabunLondon

London, United Kingdom
“Valentines day romance!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Although myself and my partner only live locally, we'd never been to this restaurant. But when we saw the valentines day set menu, we thought it'd be something new to try and it always looked busy! We arrived, to a very warm welcome and lively happy atmosphere. Ray Lowe (the singer), was brilliant, he sounded just like Sinatra and a few of the songs we were singing to as we ate! Lots of people were dancing, it felt very homely. The Italian decor was charming, almost felt like we'd escaped the British weather!

The food was delish, honestly one of the best steaks i have ever had and the wine is my new favourite! The price was very reasonable, £30 each for a 3 course meal, and the meal like i said was really fantastic. The portions were quite big, but thats a great thing!

Another top point, the owners were delightful, the lady charming and very friendly and the gentleman 'Tony' was very fun, they both had a dance as well and it was just such a friendly place to be.

At first i was a bit worried, because myself and my partner are in our early 20's, but everyone there was lovely, really cannot wait to go back again soon.

If there are any negatives, it would have to be the slowness of the getting the bill, it took over 30 minutes and i ended up having to ask roughly three times, before getting it. However, the dancing & the music made up for this in the end!

Great night,
we will be back!

x

1 Thank crazykaya
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Valentine Sing Song”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to Casa Viva because we like the singer who was performing on Valentines night (Ray Lowe).

As it was a special night there was a fixed charge set menu which was reasonably varied and reasonably priced.

We went as a group of four and had a very pleasant evening. The food was good and the price of drinks was quite reasonable.

The only issue we had was that there seemed to be a number of temporary staff brought in for the night, who despite their best efforts, didn't give the greatest of service. Which was evident by the look on the head waiters face on several occasions.

Having said that we had a nice time and would go to Casa Viva again.

1 Thank Paul M
London, United Kingdom
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I don't know, there was something about this place that wasn't quite right. On arrival we were told that there was a group downstairs - why say so when there was space upstairs? There was a bowl of olives on the table, which I like. The restaurant was noisy due to the decor - it could with some pictures or soft furnishings to absorb sound otherwise it's very echo-ey. My husband and I ordered similar starters but the waitress didn't seem to know who should get which. Surely with only two people, it's not hard? I had mushroom pizza which was very thick and doughy with not many mushrooms and they were bland, not much cheese either. I thought the menu had described the pizzas as thin and crispy which this definitely wasn't. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I couldn't be bothered with chomping through inches of fairly tasteless pizza base. My husband had the calves liver which was apparently nothing special.
On ordering a second beer, the waiter tried to remove what was still left of my first drink!
The waiting staff just didn't seem terribly interested and all in all, it was a strange experience. Will not be returning.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 937KMG
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“A Special Valentines”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I took my wife to Casa Viva for Valentines. This was are first visit and after reading some promising reviews we were looking forward to our meal. They had a valentines set menu and a brilliant swing singer doing live covers. We can honestly say we had an absolutely fantastic night. The food was perfect. I had the most perfectly cooked Seabass. My Wife's Ravioli (stuffed with walnut and cheese) was beautiful. The service was really friendly and the food arrived on time. The place was full and very lively but they seemed to have it all under control. By the end of the night, people were up dancing and we didn't end up leaving till well after midnight. I'm sure we will be back time and time again. Can't wait to try their pizza on my next visit. I'd recommend this place to anyone. It has a really authentic feel and they really know what they are doing. Thanks for a brilliant night!!!

2 Thank surrey_geordie