“Good Quality Real Chinese Food”

Naturally Chinese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Naturally Chinese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lockport, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Quality Real Chinese Food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I consider myself a connoisseur of sort when it comes to Chinese food, and I do tend to go out on search for a good rice fix or a good noodle fix wherever I am in foreign towns and cities.
This time, I am in Surbiton, a southwestern suburb of London for a few days, and I ran into this restaurant. I was a bit skeptic of the name, but I decided to try.
They have Dim Sums...I mean real ones. Not a huge selection but the all stars are there..the dumplings and the meats.
I ordered Fujian Fried rice, a Dim Sum portion of Choi Sum..a Chinese green vegetable sauteed in garlic oil, some shrimp dumplings and pork Siu Mai, meat wrapped in a thin skin .
All of it was of excellent quality, with proper ingredients that makes the right taste.
I didn't think I would find real Chinese food in this part of the world, but here, they did it right.
sure, the tattooed guy served me too, but he was attentive, and got me everything I wanted. Even a real set of chopsticks and bowls..lol

• Visited June 2014
AmieMuiLee, Owner at Naturally Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hi Yuji
It’s a delight to see someone who really knows their Chinese food to write a review. And doubly pleased that we have your approval. Thank you!

London, United Kingdom
“Naturally terrible”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Horrible Food! Dumpling and spring rolls had no fillings, just bamboo. Tasted really bad. Never going back again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank NortonAlisha
Hi
Thank you for sharing your thoughts… from your review, you visited in December 2013? Your review dated as 1st June 2014. I wonder if you have made an error.
We have seven different types of dumplings on our menu, we make all these in house.
Pastries for dumplings are 0.4mm thick, without filling, it would not be possible to wrap them. See our video “how to” on our website.
We definitely do NOT only use bamboo for filling, bamboo shoots are one of the most expensive vegetables to buy!
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Wouldnt normally get excited about a chinese meal, but the food here was fantastic. All freshly cooked and really tasty without the normal high levels of msg. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited May 2014
Egham, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese food I have eaten”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I have been waiting a while to visit this restaurant. I love Chinese food, but struggle with how gloopy and fake it can be.

This restaurant is completely MSG free and also has loads of gluten free options. You can really taste what is in the food, the textures and flavours are excellent.

1 Thank Jason H
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese food”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've eaten lots of Chinese food. Even lived in New York for a few years. I've never found such fresh, beautifully prepared Chinese food before. You can taste the absence of the chemicals! Afterwards we felt well-fed but not stuffed. The food is vibrant and nourishing. So happy to have found Naturally Chinese!

• Visited May 2014
AmieMuiLee, Owner at Naturally Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hi
Thank you very much for your feed back. We are pleased you enjoyed dining with us.