“Good dim-sum, nice decor.”

Naturally Chinese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Naturally Chinese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 117 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“Good dim-sum, nice decor.”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very pleased to have found a restaurant in Surbiton that serves dim-sum and a full menu during lunch time - me and my boyfriend were impressed!

Being around 3:30PM, the restaurant was quiet, although the decor was stylish and modern with fresh green colours, also booth seats were very comfy. The presentation of the dishes were great, they looked like they had been prepared with care, and the chef's made use of the colourful vegetables/herbs.

Ordered 4 or 5 dim-sum dishes (can't remember) and was very pleased with all of them! The prawns in the prawn & chive dumplings were fresh and crunchy, and didn't have that 'chewy' pre-frozen texture, which is good. The char-sui buns were fluffy and the pork center was delicious. However, my favourite were the pork sui-mai, as they had a flavorful broth and delicious flavour, I highly recommend them.

My boyfriend (sadly not a fan of dim-sum) ordered egg-fried rice, smoked chicken, and beef in black bean sauce. Had a little taste of these too, and all were very nice!

I would have given the experience a 5/5, however unfortunately our meal was let down by couple of minor things; Firstly the chocolate ice cream we ordered was 'icy' and rather than creamy, and I kept finding myself crunching down on bits of ice - I feel that maybe it'd been frozen for too long/too low temp. Secondly, the coke I ordered was almost completely flat. Also, just a suggestion: It would be nice if dipping sauces were brought out along with the dim-sum.

Other than that, we had a lovely meal in your restaurant, and will definitely visit again! It will be interesting to see if the minor issues we had will be resolved next time. :)

• Visited February 2014

Surbiton, United Kingdom
“yummyy”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Delicious dim sums,the only place to get them around here,friendly staff,good atmosphere,will defenatelly go back

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“mediocre at best”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We just had dinner at naturally chinese and after reading all the good reviews I must say I am very very disappointed! The orange juice didn't taste like oranges and the vegetables used to cook came from a can!!! We order half a bottle saki and they brought over half a glass saying thats all they have but its on the house. Unless the people who reviewed this restaurant as 'excellent' or 'best meal I ever had', never tried good, fresh chinese food, I cannot explain the positive reviews. Everything tasted fake and bland and we pray we won't get food poisoning from the canned prawns!

• Visited January 2014
London
“Not your average Chinese”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I am not usually too fussed about going for a Chinese but this place has changed my mind. Wonderfully fresh and more authentic than your average Chinese restaurant. We had some nice simple dumplings to start, but the star of the show were the clay pot stews, so delicious. We had two steaming pots... One minced pork and aubergine, and one beef brisket. Both smelled amazing and tasted even better, just wonderful. Rich and satisfying. We'd also been tempted by the crispy pork belly but we ate early and were told it wasn't out of the oven yet. We'll definitely be back for that...

• Visited January 2014
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Really enjoyed eating here .Food was full of flavour and distinctive though portions are on the small side.Service was fine but they did seem to find it a personal affront when we ordered plain tap water for the kids.

• Visited December 2013