“Could do better”

The Surbiton Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Surbiton Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 117 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 23, 2013

3 of us went for a late lunch on Saturday - our first time here. Our first impressions were good, place looked nice & welcoming. Drinks order was taken promptly & served well. We had to wait a bit for the food to arrive but it looked delicious. 2 of the meals were fine but mine (jacket potato with roasted Mediterranean Vegetables & mozzarella cheese) was cold. The waitress was mortified & took it away to be replaced. I was offered a drink whilst I was waiting. By the time my meal arrived back, the others had almost finished. The meal was hot this time but it looked like it was the same meal re-heated in the microwave with more cheese on top. I was so hungry that I did finish it all. Disappointment came when the bill arrived & we were charged for the full amount with no money off for the inconvenience. I am not the type to make a fuss so paid & left. I did feel that they should have taken the price of my meal off the bill without being asked. Would we come here again - not sure.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I thought I'd gone to the wrong place and had to double check the sign from the outside as this is a Café. Even for a Café the service is pants and the food is poor quality. We went for a late breakfast and were served Oeuf a la microwave and cheap mix sausages.

1  Thank alexglondon
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went there for lunch, and when the food finally turned up it wasn't good at all. Between us we had a greek salad which only had about 4 cubes of feta and my falafals we rock hard. When I commented to the manager about this, he admitted that they were changing supplier of the falafals... so why still serve them if they know they were substandard! Won't be visiting again.

1  Thank FoodieMartin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A great selection of brunch options and friendly service. Well worth a visit and reasonably priced. The salmon royale is absolutely delicious!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I popped in for a Sunday Breakfast and was so pleased I did.
I was greeted with a warm welcome almost immediately.
The atmosphere was buzzing, my table was perfect.
I chose to sit in the patio area as it was under a huge umbrella with heaters that stayed on permanently.
The menu offered great variety, a bit pricey but worth it.
The portions were good the service fast the restaurant was clean, almost opposite the station on the high street a real gem in surbiton !