“Fantastic pub food and service”
Review of The Duke

The Duke
Ranked #44 of 118 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A comfortable and relaxed pub that's great for drinks and food if you fancy. The Duke is located in Surbiton, just fifteen minutes from Hampton Court Palace and a short train journey from London's Waterloo. Serving traditional ales, craft beers on draught modern with a typically British pub food menu with a few twists.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

A large group of us went here for lunch whilst pregnant and not only were the staff very friendly they were extremely accommodating. We were very warm and asked whether they could turn down the radiators to make us more comfortable and the staff came over straight away. Food was great - very good value for money and came quickly. Atmosphere was good, felt really cosy which I didn't expect as it doesn't look like it would be from the outside. We'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I came back last night for another meal, and the food was great again. The starter (potato skins with cheese and bacon) was really tasty and beautifully presented. I went for the salmon with asparagus, potatoes and a poached egg for my main course, th same as last time, and it was a delight. They pay real attention to detail in their food and the place also has a lovely interior, it's my favourite pub. The staff are nice too. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have eaten in the pub several times before and the food is always very good and pub itself has a lovely friendly atmosphere, hence why I chose to organise a birthday party there recently. The staff were exceptional and as a choice of venue (and as somewhere to eat) it was brilliant. If you ask, they will let you put on a playlist of your choice and they will set up the venue with your decorations. The staff really went out of their way for us and I cannot thank them enough. I wouldn't hestitate to recommend this pub!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We do the pub quiz here on a Sunday, .it is always busy and fun. The food is good too, I recently had the "Hercules" burger which I would thoroughly recommend. Healthier options include the chicken which is fantastic. Never had a bad meal here. If you catch it on the right night you could end up on the dance floor.....

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place is very good for food, particularly the wagu beef burger! Not at all overpriced and a decent pint of Guinness means that even though there are at least seven closer pubs to us we keep coming back here for dinner. Service is friendly and the place is very busy at weekends, so it can be advisable to book if you are dining with friends or part of a larger group. It is, however, deathly quiet during the week!