“Wonderful, even under pressure on a busy saturday night, book well ahead.”
Review of The French Table

Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: “Expect zesty and satisfying French-Mediterranean cooking – as well as great bread.” Michelin Guide, 2018 Award winning restaurant, The French Table showcases contemporary French cooking in a laid back and comfortable setting. Located in the leafy suburb of Surbiton it provides the local neighbourhood with a great place to eat time and again, and for those coming from a further afield, the exemplary cooking definitely makes it worth the trip.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We know how hard it is to get a table here, particularly at weekends, so we were delighted to bring two guests for a return visit at their request. We feel the food is comparable to our favourite 1 and 2 star restaurants and we like the intimacy and friendliness of this lovely local gem, top class food without pretentiousness. The food is refined and the prix fixe menu has plenty of choice. The wine list is very tempting and the house wines by the glass affordable and well chosen. If you want a tasting menu I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed June 12, 2019

After strong recommendations from locals we visited The French Table for a 3 course lunch. We were happily greeted and once sat offered 3-4 options of homemade bread slices (olive and chorizo were my favorites) with butter. Their menu changes frequently but I was very impressed from all 3 courses I had starting with a Terrine of duck confit, moving on to Cornish lamb with smoked spatzle (pasta) as main and Rhubarb tart for dessert. Each course had a long list of ingredients listed on the menu; I cannot say I could easily figure out each component but I can definitely say everything matched perfectly and the result was amazing. I would not call it exactly French Cuisine as most recipes feature prominent ingredients from other regions, but French inspired in terms of cooking. Apart from the slightly overcooked apple tart i tried from my fiancee we both had a great experience overall and will be coming back!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Haven’t been back to the French Table for a few years but returned and had a fantastic birthday meal last night. Never disappoints from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. Lovey touch having a personalised menu with my name and happy birthday on it. The staff were all so attentive and friendly and the food was incredibly yummy. Thank you to everyone for making the evening a memorable one and we will be back again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

Was taken here for my Birthday & I must say, the food, the wine & the service was fantastique!!
Would highly recommend for a special occasion with a special person.

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful birthday lunch, the tasting menu was superb with five courses and an amuse bouche. A great selection of wines and a matched wine flight as well. Lovely service from a well trained team, with a personalised menu, no wonder this restaurant is so popular ! Highly recommended.