“Bad food and service”
Review of Harts Boatyard

Harts Boatyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Harts Boatyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 117 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings,Harts Boatyard serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Trained in high-class cookery schools in Spain and Italy, the chefs bring a wealth of experience, and demonstrate knowledge of a breadth of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, guests can choose a bottle from the well-stocked cellar.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food and service”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I ordered a flatbread to share...priced at £8. It should have had caramelised onion, goats cheese, spinach and sunblushed tomatoes. Instead a cold base was brought out with chopped baby tomatoes, spinach and grated emmental cheese! He just insincerely apologised for not having goats cheese and I had to ask him to warm it up as the cheese wasn't even slightly melted. Definitely not worth the money paid for it and it tasted exactly how it looked.

I also visited the bar several times and was left waiting for 10 minutes despite the fact it was empty!! Perhaps the emptiness is a result of the poor service and food!!

1 Thank Jas1983

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food & location”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have visited Harts Boatyard on a number of occasions and it never fails to disappoint. The staff, food and location are perfect. We tend to dine with Harts for every family get together because we are sure that we will be looked after and the food is of high quality and great value.

• Visited January 2013
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Meal Today with Great Ambience & Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived today to a great atmosphere with sun streaming through the huge glass windows. Both the Bar & Restaurant were bustling, there was a lovely 'Sunday' atmosphere, all ages, friendly & relaxed. I ordered the steak but I wasn't sure with I wanted it served with the sides as listed on the Menu so mentioned it to my Waiter who was so so helpful & just made a note & delivered to our table the perfect meal, exactly everything I wanted. I asked him to reccommend a good wine to go with my choice, which he did. I just felt like nothing was too much trouble & it was a really enjoyable experience. THANK YOU to the team @ Harts.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely location for a drink but pass on the food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We passed through Surbiton on our way to find a restaurant in Kingston. We were drawn to the BoatYard by the great location. We were pleasantly surprised by the interior and had high hopes for the food. The menu looked good and we were really looking forward to our meal. I ordered a spit chicken with Peri Peri sauce. Unfortunately the chicken was dry and the sauce rather unpleasant. The fish and chips were good and the portion was generous. The prawn and chorizo linguine was bland. The kids sausage and mash wasn't very good either. The prices were rather high for such a uninspiring meal. The service and staff were good and I would return again but only for a drink.

1 Thank Sarah D
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place for Sunday lunch with friends”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice meal here with some friends one Sunday. We managed to find a spot by the fireplace and watch a boat race on the Thames. Service was good and the pub-style menu catered for everyone's tastes.