“Something different, well worth a visit”
Review of Joy Indian Cuisine

Joy Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Joy Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 118 Restaurants in Surbiton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you like your Indian with a bit of flair then this is the place to go. Forget the one pot masala rubbish so beloved of many places, Joy blends flavours together in a creative and tasteful way that should satiate the most demanding of diners. Good value, good service and great food. I can only echo the sentiments of other satisfied diners and recommend that you try this place.

1  Thank Rangi27

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Believe it or not, this is where our kids choose to go for dinner if we offer them a meal out! There are a number of Indian restaurants in Surbiton and having tried most, this is our firm favourite.

Good quality food, nice friendly service and decent value. Kids full and happy ... what more can you ask for?

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have had the lunchtime special here. I have also tried the lunchtime buffet which changes over the month, I had the Rajasthani version.

Service and food are very good. Lunch was quiet. Sunday was busy with larger groups at tables.

I would definitely go here again and recommend it.

1  Thank TisPete
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food was pretty average considering the surrounding Indian restaurants.

One of my colleagues asked the waiter for a recommendation (bear in mind both of them were Pakistani Muslims) that the recommendation was nothing like he wanted!

There were three of us eating, and my two colleagues (both Asian) complained of stomach pains after the meal! I guess I was lucky! The lamb shank I had was a little tough, as it had not been cooked long enough.

Best avoided knowing the quality of the Indian restaurant next door and across the road.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't recommend Joy enough! Zia and the team are accommodating and friendly and the kitchen produce some fantastic food!

Try the Tandoori Cauliflower for a starter and you can't go wrong with the Chicken Shashlick, Lamb Xacutie or the Lamb Banjara. Yum!