“Flavoursome food served fresh and with a high level of service”
Review of Doosra

Doosra
Order Online
Ranked #2 of 139 Restaurants in Surbiton
Description: Doosra specialises in Tandoor & Curry dishes. Our Tandoors are real coal fired Tandoors. The Head Chef serves up his family secret recipes as well as some classics. We cook everyday in order to bring you the freshest experience. We stock popular lagers & craft ales. Our house wines are great quality. All our facilities are 5 star.
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

I cannot recommend Doosra highly enough.

My only regret is that I had not tried this place sooner but am so glad to have discovered this near to where I live and will most certainly be coming back.

I can testify for the quality of food and service on 3 recent occasions from a takeaway, dining in with family and then a special private lunch family function on a Saturday afternoon.

Vinny is a very accommodating manager and host who was a pleasure to deal with. He listened to our needs for the private lunch and instructed his team accordingly and ensured the event went to plan and that everyone was happy and the food was as ordered and to his high standards.

We all enjoyed the quality of the food and the service that Vinny and his team provided.

The vegetarian samosas and fresh mogo chips are a must as a starter. Saying that all the food I have tried is delicious and it is refreshing to be able to taste ingredients without it being too oily. Even the kurkiri bhindi were crisp and dry.

For mains, I recommend the Malai Kofta Makhani and also the Vegetarian Paneer Tikka with tasty garlic naan.

I enjoyed the Mango Lassi which is made using fresh mangos, a lovely treat for someone who enjoys this fruit when it usually only has a limited season in the UK.

The chocolate, banana and coconut filled samosas for dessert is tasty and again nice that these are dry and free of excess oil, a creation by pastry chef Olga in Vinny’s team.

I recommend you leave space to try out the homemade Kulfi as a dessert as it is flavoursome and authentic.

Having eaten so much food, it was a change to go home not feeling the usual ‘bloated’ sensation that I find often comes with eating at Indian restaurants.

This restaurant may be small along with a smaller menu then you may expect but I think everyone can find dishes to choose for all courses that you will thoroughly enjoy.

I think the smaller menu helps give Doosra a USP and ensures all food is cooked fresh and to order. I like the fact the menu is different to other ‘Indian’ restaurants and all dishes are served to a medium spice level (although this would be mild for me based on being able to tolerate spicy food).

The restaurant decor is modern and presented well with what I describe as clean lines but in keeping with the cricket theme.

If you haven’t tried out Doosra yet, what are you waiting for!

This is a number 1 restaurant in my eyes in not just this area but also covering at least Chessington and Epsom too.

There is parking available in the nearby surrounding streets of Douglas Road and Washington Road if you cannot find suitable parking on Ewell Road itself.

Thank you Vinny and the team at Doosra and I look forward to coming back very soon.

1  Thank toaroom
Head_Chef_Vinny, Manager at Doosra, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Dear Regular Customer

Thank you ever so much for taking time to write this fabulous review and helping us spread the word.

You be pleased to know that as a vegetarian we are working on some new veg recipes.

Can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

We went to Doosra for a late dinner last night. It has everything. Wonderful service and quite fabulous food. For starters the samosas were simply delicious and the chicken wings the perfect combination of tender, sticky, spicy and tasty. For mains we had a super chicken dish served with vegetable rice and light, fluffy, garlicky beautiful Dahl. Washed down with a bottle of NZ savvy B and all for £63 for the two of us. This place will become hugely popular - give a try and you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2019
Head_Chef_Vinny, Manager at Doosra, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Dear Customer, Thank you so much for sharing the highlights of your evening with us at Doosra. We appreciate your compliments.

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

We came here having walked past many times on our way home. It was a fantastic evening, great tasty food and a warm family atmosphere. Some good recommendations on what to pick as the menu was varied and some things we hadn’t tried before. Very relaxed, lovely evening.

Date of visit: March 2019

Thank you so much for giving us a try and helping our business to propagate.

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

We had a family lunch here on Saturday. There was a good selection for vegetarians and special dietary needs were catered for well. Vinny and his staff are excellent hosts.

1  Thank RupDee

Thank you so much for writing this review, we really enjoyed serving your family, we are really glad that you chose our restaurant for you family private function.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Having read the glowing reviews and noticed the Number 1 spot in Surbiton, I decided to try this restaurant out and although the food menu is quite limited, I have to say the cuisine was absolutely delicious. Vinny and Cleopatra were great hosts and I quite liked their cricket-themed establishment - gave it a quirky edge. I will definitely be back and would recommend it to anyone. 5 out of 5 and a stylish bar to boot!

1  Thank FarI4

Thank you so much for your review Farl, I remember you guys very well, it was a pleasure to serve you guys! I can't wait to see you guys again,