“Friendly and helpful”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Happy Valley
“Friendly and helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Not a particularly special or interesting hotel ... Just functional but staff were all very friendly and really helpful... Always happy and smiling ... In fact the staff were the best thing about the place!

• Stayed June 2012
, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Twinkletoes10,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you had such an excellent experience at the Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, and that our staffs were efficient and helpful in their service. Please be assured that I have personally passed on your compliments onto the Team.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

With every good wish
Best Regards

Suresh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed along with 30+ guests and family at the Holiday Inn Kingston South in the run up to and the duration of our wedding at the nearby Hampton Court Palace in May '12.

The service we have received from start to finish was absolutely amazing and a lot better than some of my experiences at topend luxury 5* hotels across the globe. We would especially like to thank Devyani from the team who was in charge of our booking and made sure everything went as smoothly as possible. She was an absolute star.

Before we even checked in, staff were able to negotiate for us a discounted group booking price, help us allocate rooms to guests and made it as easy as possible to us to help our guests and family check in. Where we needed help, they were fast to repond with a solution, and were always friendly, accomodating and took initative in helping us resolve any issues we had. The hotel staff also helped us to even think about wedding transportation and helped us in booking our wedding cars.

The hotel itself is new, modern and clean. The buffet breakfast was economical and very good. Our guests were all very impressed and gave good feedback about their stay. It honestly made such a difference to be staying somewhere so efficient, lovely with caring staff during a pretty hectic time such as a wedding!!

Even after when we have checked out, I had left some clothes at the hotel, the staff posted it back to us within a day, it was just absolutely superb and very professional service which they provide.

I CANNOT recommend this hotel enough, most of the time, hotel accomodation for guests for a wedding or a big event can be a nightmare, they made sure it was an absolute dream!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Snowazzzz
Dear Snowazzzz,

I was delighted to read that you had such an excellent experience at the Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, and that our staffs were efficient and helpful in their service. Please be assured that I have personally passed on your compliments onto Devyani. I am indeed proud of the team we have here.

Thank you again for your feedback, I and the whole team look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London- Kingston South in the near future.

Regards
South Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

4th time of staying and enjoyable experience. Stayed in Executive Suite this time round on the 3d floor. Large, clean tidy room with good views of the river. Lighting could have been a bit brighter in main room. Bathroom was good. Breakfasts good - eat as much as you like and lots of variety. Gym unfortunately being refurbished so unable to have 30min. work out. Provision was made at local gym 2mins walk down road but did not take up offer.

Staff helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Excutive room 3rd floor - looks out onto main road (no noise from traffic) and the river.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pam 1948,
On the outset, I thank you for choosing Holiday Inn London- Kingston south as your preferred choice of hotels during your recent visit in Kingston.

Having just read your review I immediately shared it with our team. Your words are motivational and very much appreciated by us all. I am ever so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and were moved to posting a positive review.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
With every good wish
Best Regards

Weymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Just spent two nights at this hotel attending a wedding, great venue, attentive staff, nothing was too much trouble. Food excellent. If anything we had to disappoint was that our bedroom overlooked other rooms oposite over a small courtyard. But hey, I'm just nitpicking, you only have the bed room to sleep in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking others. In the front there are rooms overlooking Thames Ditton Marina...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tedtoop
Dear Fabface,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback about the Holiday Inn London Kingston South on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the very high standards our guests expect

I have noted down the concern raised by you re wardrobe space and bed room lightings. I assure you that I have discussed with the management team and we are happy to inform you that now we have changed the lightings in all the rooms and portable wardrobes can be delivered to the room upon request.

I was delighted to read that you had such an excellent experience at the Bar and that our staffs were efficient and helpful in their service.
Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London- Kingston South in the near future.

Kind regards,

Lanarkshire, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stay in holiday in hotels over 100 nights a year and I have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions.
Nice comfy room but way too dark and no where near enough wardrobe space. Bar staff very friendly but reception staff are worst I have ever found.
The dining room is far too large and not enough seats in bar area it feels a very cold and uncomfortable setting, I am talking from experience as I have stayed at this hotel on business on over 15 occasions, I now stay at carlton mitre at hampton court or holiday inn at chessington, and if hotel management read this review I am being honest and have been a platinum member for 6 years.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Merseyside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

The hotel building is fine - and the rooms are very modern but service was pretty poor. There didn't seem to be any staff with english as a first language which led to some confusion over my reservation, dinner order and breakfast prepayment. On the evening I arrived the restaurant was empty but it took 40 minutes to serve a lamb wrap. By the time it arrived I was ready to leave the restaurant - but the waitress frightened me into sitting and eating. (She wasn't in a great mood.) The ironing board I requested from housekeeping never appeared and the shower was lukewarm. I'll find somewhere else to stay next time.

Still, I did better than my colleague who was allocated a room that was already occupied (led to a very embarrassing encounter!) and a second room which had no electricity.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank lovetotravel1975
suresh s, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Lovetotravel1975,

I have noted all your concerns during your last stay with us. I assure you that I have discussed the points you highlighted with the management team to further improve these areas.
You are highly valued guest and your last experience does not typify the very high standards of service we strive to maintain.

I thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Yours Sincerely
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

For a 4 star hotel quite poor. Room deco very dark, uncomfy bed, not enough tea and coffee, toiletries etc. Not impressed!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
suresh s, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Jacqui C,

Your points with regards to the lighting and bed have been discussed in the daily management meeting and I assure you that we are currently reviewing to further improve these areas.

On your next visit to our hotel, please inform the front desk and they would be delighted to replenish Tea/Coffee and extra toiletries in the room.

Kind regards,

Suresh Singh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surbiton
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Hotel Bosco
Hotel Bosco
#2 of 2 in Surbiton
The Lion Gate Mews​
The Lion Gate Mews​
#1 of 2 in East Molesey

Been to Holiday Inn London-Kingston South? Share your experiences!