“Modern, fresh and very convenient”
Review of Hotel Bosco

Hotel Bosco
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Modern, fresh and very convenient”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed when visiting our daughter in Kingston and to go to a rugby international at Twickenham.

The hotel appears to be new or at least recently refurbished. Our room was furnished in a clean, modern style with a very good bathroom and excellent shower. Standards of housekeeping and general cleanliness were impressive. We found the bed very comfortable, if a little low.

We were warned at check in that there can be some noise from the lounge downstairs, especially on Friday and Saturday night. When we returned to the hotel in the evening the bar was certainly busy. Whilst we could hear some background noise / music in our room it would only be a problem if you are a very light sleeper. Actually, we were more disturbed by the noise from the kitchen ventilation system which ran below our window - quite noisy if you have the window open! My only criticism with regard to the housekeeping was that the staff tended to place their cleaning cart right ouside our door (Rm 102) which was inconvenient and unsightly.

Continental breakfast is included and served in the lounge and is very good. Although, I would just once like to stay in a hotel that puts out decent sized glasses for the juice!! We didnt try any of the additional breakfast options as the continental breakfast was plenty.

Parking is off site- a 3-5 minute walk away. That wouldnt be so convenient when the weather is bad - but, hey, its included in the price and for a greater London hotel that's pretty good.

Location is excellent - Surbiton station is just across the road and it's convenient for most of the local major local attractions. Its also a good option if you're going to a match at Twickenham. Surbiton wouldn't normally be an obvious choice, but the bus to Twickenham (No. 281) runs just around the corner.

Room Tip: I would avoid the back of the hotel on the first floor - - see comment regarding noisy kitchen venti...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it's central location and proximity to Surbiton train station. It has a modern, funky charm, which is fresh and vibrant, and beautifully decorated. The room we had was one of the most spacious hotel rooms we've had in a long time! Lovely amenities supplied and lovely shower. My only gripe was the lighting in the bathroom mirror was horrible, I couldn't see very well at all, I'm sure I missed a few spots shaving :P Breakfast was adequate. Probably one of the better hotels in the area, and good location.

Room Tip: There is a club at one end of the hotel, as to be situated on the opposite side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night as my sisters wedding was held nearby
convenient location
clean spacious rooms
yes you can hear noise from the road its in a busy area so to be expected.
Breakfast very basic and the cooked breakfast my dad paid extra for wasn't worth the additional charge but it didn't stop him from eating it.
it did the trick and if I had to attend an event in the area I wouldn't be deterred from booking here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked a stay for the night before my first exam of the year. Check in was seamless, the hotel looked and smelt beautiful. The staff are beautiful and courteous. I'm a student and £105 a night is a push but it was wholly worth it! I'm checking back in tomorrow for the night before my last exam. I'm looking forward to it so much! Also, your pantry breakfast turns continental breakfasts on their head. Eggs and smoked salmon are available! Like I said the only thing additional I would want is a bigger water bottle in my room or 2 small ones. Thanks for a relaxing night at a stressful time!

• Stayed May 2013
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staff friendly, rooms clean and spacious, food in Bosch lounge was excellent, great value, great atmosphere, could not fault any aspect of my stay. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone, definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
leicester
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Me and my wife stayed over the bank holiday weekend,
upon booking our room we were advised that there might be a little noise from the bar area up until around midnight. This however did not prove to be a concern.
The rooms were modern and extremely clean, and as an added bonus the bar lounge was buzzing, and we sampled the amazing cocktails they had to offer.
We got great service from both hotel and bar staff, and it genuinely felt like they cared.
Will definitely be going again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
East Lothian
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed two nights for a wedding in nearby Glenmore House so got a special deal. Car park also at Glenmore which is a bit of a hassle. We had specifically asked not to be directly above the bar because of noise but had been allocated there with no scope to move. The music goes on until 0100 hrs, then stops so be prepared for that. Lighting everywhere is hopeless for putting make up on and no full length mirror when going to a wedding is a major drawback!! Breakfast is continental with plenty choice and you can boil your own eggs and make your own toast. Beds are soft and too low!! Need to rethink what they are trying to achieve in the rooms.

Room Tip: Good location in Surbiton.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bosco, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear j7jpc,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback is greatly valued.

The hotel has several rooms which are affected by minimal residual noise, and these are offered at an extremely preferential rate, which guests are made aware of at time of booking.

Our beds are handmade from Vi-Spring, using the finest quality natural materials such as cotton and lambswool, to ensure a great sleeping experience.

I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the issue with lighting, which will be acted upon.

I hope that you will return on a future occasion, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally look after your reservation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surbiton
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
#6 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Travelodge Chessington Tolworth
Travelodge Chessington Tolworth
#8 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Hotel Bosco? Share your experiences!