“A really convenient comfortable overnight stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bosco

Hotel Bosco
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Swindon, United Kingdom
“A really convenient comfortable overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were attending a 40th birthday party in the bar and being able to climb the stairs at the end of the night was brilliant. The room was really spacious and so comfortable. We really enjoyed the breakfast the next morning too, a good selection to choose from. We found all of the staff from check in to bar staff to staff in the morning helpful and friendly.

The products in the bathroom were not the same as the hotel website had indicated, but the bathroom had a luxurious feel to it with a great shower. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife likes the interior design of this hotel. I find the beds very comfortable and the bathroom is very tastefully decorated.
It is perfect for the station and the main street in Surbiton. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a variety of pubs if the bar is not to your taste. The bar can get very loud and I do mean it so if noise bothers you tell them when you book the room. I can actually only last a couple of minutes in the bar when it is in full fling. When it is not loud the bar is a very pleasant place to relax.
I have found the staff to be very helpful every time that I have stayed here and I have to mention the night porter in particular because he was so friendly and helpful.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I booked Hotel Bosco after we'd confirmed our tickets for the England/Fiji match at Twickers. Wanting to treat my friend as its her 40th birthday, and looking for a boutique style hotel with the luxury element but without the London price tag. We were not disappointed. I'd chosen the rooms with the terraces for us, and was so glad I did. The bed was soooo comfortable, with really squooshy quilts, and the shower was lovely, didn't want to get out of it. Had no issues with noise, the rooms are at the back of the hotel, so didn't get any disturbance from traffic. 2 minutes walk from the Art Deco railway station, and plenty of buses on hand if that's how you want to travel. I drove to the hotel, parking available by prearrangement with the hotel at the Mason's Lodge just around the corner from the hotel.

Breakfast was lovely, continental style, which both myself and my friend love, not really into big fry ups in the morning, but I understand you can enjoy one a little later at extra cost.

Staff were friendly and unobtrusive, leaving you to enjoy your stay without too much interruption.

Would definitely recommend this to people wanting a stylish night away, in close proximity to London but without the London price tag. And will definitely be returning myself.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Faloola73
Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Only stayed here for one night midweek, and it was arranged for me by a Business client, but I really liked the spacious, comfortable room and modern decor. As you'll see from the photos, the hotel has a modern trendy decor that is very easy on the eye. The rooms are medium sized, but spacious none-the less and the bathroom/shower room is massive, very modern and comfortable. Nice bar serves food till 9:30, staff were friendly and accommodating and it's only a 2 minute walk to Surbiton train station. Will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LEIGH ON SEA, ESSEX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Although we had reserved our room months in advance, we were allocated a room over the bar area on the first floor and with extractor units outside the window. The bar noise continued until 1 a.m. and the hum from the extractors also was disturbing. The room was clean, although quite small, and would have benefitted by being supplied with more than the one drinking glass in the bathroom, with no others available in the bedroom. The decor is very modern. The breakfast was continental with the only hot food being toast or do it yourself boiled eggs.

Room Tip: Not on first floor at the back of the building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

we were in Hotel Bosco for three nights (family visit) we liked the distance to the Railwaystation and shops;we had a nice room on the second floor ;reception suggested this room so that we did not have any trouble with the lifemusic on thursday-evening and other music on friday; however we missed a second glass in the bathroom and a second chair in the room (I had to watch the TV sitting on the bed while my wife sat on the office chair with the laptop; we missed a luggage-table (now the luggage was on the floor);the beds were good but the sound of the Hotel Airco Unit (outsite) was terrible, if you opened the windows it was like sleeping in the engine room of an oil-tanker;an other beware-thing is taking a shower in the bath tub: very dangerous en slippery, although its a nice bathroom with very large thick towels.
further on:staff was very friendly; continental breakfast was good!
alltogether: nice Hotel but not a 4-Star Rate
next time we will come back for a room on the third floor at the back from the hotel far from any inside/outside noise.

Room Tip: ask for a room far away from A/C unit ,Lounch/Bar and Streetside.....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Surbiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I started out with a 3-night booking, and stayed for 8 nights while I was settling into an apartment in the area (relocated here from the USA). Several reasons contributed to my amazing stay: 1. The rooms and bathroom are chic, comfortable and clean. 2. The Staff is Hospitable, Handy & Service-oriented. Everyone (from reception to resident managers) handled every single circumstance that could have taken a wrong turn, with INTEGRITY, DILIGENCE and SPEED. For example: I couldn't work the heating system, someone came up immediately to assist me. 3. Room service: I ordered take away from the restaurant several times, and it was brought up to the room promptly and with a smile...it was warm and well presented. 4. Breakfast was included in the room rate. I was actually surprised at the good quality and variety of the buffet. 5. Room rates seem to be pretty reasonable considering UK rates.... However, rates DO change during the week, so if you've checked in for several days and decide to extend (as I did), just validate what rates will apply to you. I wasn't aware of this; in the end however, we worked it out without STRESS. 6. High-Speed Internet at no charge is refreshing and good business. During this time, I was able to work from my hotel room! AREAS for IMPROVEMENT: I couldn't use the phone in the room with a calling card... I was told I had to take the call from the lobby... Not sure what that was about. Fortunately I had my own mobile, so I was able to communicate, but it was quite expensive (international rates to the USA). Ahh, and last but not least, book directly with the Hotel (vs. 3rd parties such as EXPEDIA) Why? more flexibility with the Hotel if arrival dates change (my case); you pay as you go (vs. pay in advance); get confirmation from the hotel by email; or if you make a call, just get a name from the receptionist.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surbiton
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
#5 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Warren House
Warren House
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Hotel Bosco? Share your experiences!