Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Adaaran Prestige Vadoo(Vaadhoo Island)
Champa Central Hotel(Male)
  • Room Service
1,403 results
All reviewsdeep endlagoon villaplunge poolour honeymoonflight pathdegrees restaurantwater sportsheaven on earthmale airportrose petalsfishsunset cruiseclose to the airportchocolate cakeout of this worldspecial thanksthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We were given a five star service from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The location, the hotel and the staff were all amazing!!! It is definately the perfect choice for a honeymoon!

We stayed in a lagoon villa with private plunge pool which was beautiful. As we were on honeymoon, the hotel were kind enough to offer us a few nights in the beach villa but we loved our lagoon villa so much that we stayed there for the duration of our stay (we could not part with the beautiful views of the Indian Ocean!)

Jatin and I would just like to personally thank the whole team at the Taj Exotica for making our honeymoon so special in particular the resort cor-ordinator, the general manager, the chefs (who made Jatin some special tasty food), the staff at the Spa esp the Dr at the Spa (who runs an excellent morning Yoga class), our Butler, the friendly bar staff who made us tasty cocktails and shisha..........the list is endless...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

We were so impressed and pleased that we are recommending the Taj Exotica to our friends and family.

We would suggest the full board option which is very good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank M0na76
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Dear Mr. and Ms. Patel,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are extremely delighted for your superlative review of our product and services. It gives us great pleasure to learn that the resort associates were able to make your honeymoon unforgettable. I have communicated your words of admiration to our General Manager – Mr. Girish Sehgal, our Resident Yogi – Dr. Pravesh, your Butler – Mohammed, the team at the Spa and the Bar, Chef Sheroy - Executive Chef and his award winning brigade of culinary experts and all our other associates at the resort. We all would like to thank you for the same and am certain that your appreciation will motivate us to excel, and to achieve higher standards of excellence.

We would also like to thank you for recommending Taj Exotica Resort & Spa to your friends and family as the best publicity for any resort / hotel is their happy guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday maybe this time at our Deluxe Beach villa with private plunge pool.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do let me know at the email address mentioned below.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

WOW! What a place. From the minute we landed at the airport the serivce that was provided made us feel like we were the most important people on the resort. Stayed here for our 1st Anniversary from 27th June to 4th July, and on arrival we were assigned a personal butler. Ours was call Fayaz. I must say he was a very nice chap, always ready to help, always there when we needed something. On the day of our anniversary, he gave us a good surprise - a bottle of sparkling champagne, a cake, card and had the bed designed with rose petals - absolutely stunning. He also managed to fulfil my request of a bouquet of flowers (although i paid for it). The room (deluxe lagoon villa) was superb - many a hours were spent in the private plunge pool. The food was very accomodating for all tastebuds and personal requests for non menu items (which need to be given in advance) were fulfilled to the best of their ability. The restaurant staff were very friendly and welcoming especially Vidhya and Sallah, who made the effort to make us feel comfortable. All our special requests for non-menu items were handled by Sallah and he did not let us down. I would like to say well done to all the staff for all their brilliant work. The spa was also extremely special. the cleanliness, anf the proffesionalism portrayed by Jiva spa staff made the experience even more memorable. The only down side - if i were to be picky was that i had several phonecalls on the day of my anniversary from family and friends to wish us, some of whom could not get hold of us as we were not in the room and so left messages for me - these were not however passed on to me. I only found out when my one of my family member said that i left a message and whether or not i got it. I brought up this point with the staff and i recieved a call apologising for the matter and because I thought it was only one call I said it was fine. however on coming home i found out 2 other people had called and left messages - but i had'nt got them. Other than that the stay was very pleasurable and will definitely be coming back to this resort. Kishan & Khilna Suchak

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kish402
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Dear Mr. and Ms. Suchak,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are all extremely delighted to learn of your wonderful experience at our resort and are grateful to you for the lovely review. We have communicated your feedback to Fayaz, Vidhya, Salah, our therapists at the award winning Jiva Grande Spa and the entire team at the resort who are delighted to have received the same. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence.

We are very happy to hear that our expert culinary team could impress you with their gastronomic offerings and the team here could make your first anniversary celebration very special and memorable. However, we apologize for the displeasure caused to you and the family members regarding the calls that you missed. Our General Manager has taken a strong note of it and offers his personal apology for the same. This has been taken up very seriously with our Front Office Manager, Butler Manager and the Training Manager who will ensure that the message handling procedure is strengthened and reinforced to ensure such an incident is not repeated.

We hope to welcome you back to our island paradise for another magical experience.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do contact me at the email address below.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

- We were a recently married honyemooning couple: Spent last 3 days of our vacation in Taj Exotica, after having spent earlier 3 days in another resort in Maldives.
- Taj Exotica lives up to its expectation of a luxury resort: The lagoon is one of the biggest in Maldives, ideal for snorkeling. The resort is located at just 15 mins from Male International Airport making its location extremely good, considering the time spent in speed boats in travelling to other resorts that are far off.
- The staff is awesome. We were introduced and taken care by a lady, Safa - who is too good n cute :-) The rest of the staff ensured that our stay was luxurious.
- The guys in the lounge bar were awesome: One of the bar tenders created cocktails as per your wishes, the live music by the band accentuated the good feel. The lounge opens sea side and just sitting there is awesome pleasure.
- In Villa dining food: We once ordered for a custom Indian delicacy that was not on the menu and the F&B department was glad to make it for us. We were too happy.
- Coming to my villa, lagoon villa: The villa opens in the open sea lagoon. The bathroom view of the sprawling sea is breathtaking. Snorkeling as I have already said is an amazing experience there.
- Overall, Taj Exotica is just too beautiful a resort to stay, to relax, to chill, indulge in spas n massages, enjoy the service from a fantastic staff.

Guys, keep up the good work, you are awesome :-)
See ya soon ! Still cannot forget the pristine beauty of Taj Exotica.

Cheers,
Bipul n Grishma.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Dear Mr. Bipul and Ms. Grishma,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

All associates of the resort join me in thanking you for the grand review written by you in praise of our product and services. We have communicated your feedback to Safa and the entire team at the resort who are thrilled to have received the same. We are certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in future.

You would be pleased to know that we have live entertainment by one of the best bands in Maldives four times during the week at our Equator Bar. For those guests who want to interact with the Chef and have him prepare their food in front of them with an element of surprise can also enjoy Interactive Dining experience at our 24 Degrees restaurant, the Deep End our specialty restaurant, the only one in Maldives to have been featured in Conde Nast Hot tables list is a perfect spot for romancing in the soft dim candle light with your better half.

At Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, the first resort in Maldives to have been Green Globe Silver certified
we also are very keen on preserving the beauty of this island nation and are involved with propagating corals at the coral conducive parts of our island of which a guest can be a part.

We are delighted to learn that our Food & Beverage team were able to put together special Indian dishes for you and the whole experience of your honeymoon was made special by the associates of the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable stay with us.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do let me know.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed at the Taj for two nights with my mom. My mom wanted a little variety so for the first two nights we stayed at the Sheraton Full Moon and the last 2 nights at the Taj. I REGRET so much that we stayed at the Sheraton because the Taj was absolutely amazing. We've both traveled a lot, but this is by far the best resort we've ever stayed at. The resort itself is beautiful, the island is very intimate, and the service was just superb. We stayed in a beachfront suite, which was our own little house right in front of the beach with a small pool. If you're going to Taj I HIGHLY recommend staying in this type of room. We just felt like we were on our own private island! As with any great resort, it's always the details that makes the trip. At Taj, there are little baskets with cold bottled water on a table in between every set of lounge chairs, hotel staff come by every 15 minutes or so to bring you fruit plates and see if you need drinks.
Note: this is really a place to go if you're a couple, there are very little "non-couples" vacationing there. It's definately an expensive trip, but if you can afford it it's so worth it. Once you've discovered the Taj, everything else just does NOT compare! It's been almost a year since I've been and I still think about how great it is all the time! :)

• Stayed: October 2009

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Maldives.

The entire team at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa joins me in thanking you for the lovely feedback. We have communicated your words of praise to the entire team at the resort who are delighted to have received the same. I am certain that this will inspire us to strive harder in achieving maximum guest satisfaction. While the beach front suite with pool is an excellent option, our over-water villas with their own plunge pools are equally unique as they give one the very private feeling of being over the turquoise blue water of our lagoon which is one of the largest in Maldives, giving an intimate feeling with maximum privacy.

While Maldives as a destination has traditionally been honeymooner’s / couple’s paradise, it has changed over the years and is evolving as a holiday spot for almost everyone from "non-couples" to eco-friendly holiday makers to friends and families. We are fortunate that with an amazingly warm team, everyone coming to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, does find what they are looking for in a perfect vacation. We offer a range of activities from our much acclaimed cuisine, to diving lessons with our Eco Aware PADI Certified Dive Center, the only one in Maldives, to island exploration to relaxing & rejuvenating treatments at our award winning Jiva Grande Spa.

Once again we would like to thank you for your lovely note of appreciation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our slice of paradise, this time for a longer holiday.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do let me know at the email address below.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

We came to the Taj Exotica for our honeymoon. We chose this hotel after reading all the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and we thought it may be too good to be true but we were proved wrong !
The Taj is everything you hoped it could be and lived up to every previous review given.
We stayed in a deluxe lagoon villa, on the first day we felt our villa was a little too close to the island and wanted a bit more privacy....after speaking to Butler services, nothing was too much trouble and we were moved the next day into a more private located villa with no hassle !
I am dairy free and alerted the hotel to this before I came to stay, on arrival we were greeted by our butler Nadeem and chef Bhasker who were both aware of this without me even having to say anything. The hotel had even provided me with soya milk instead of dairy milk in our room !
I cannot thank Bhasker enough for our wonderful meals (completely dairy free) and my very own order of pancakes every morning, you are truly amazing and prepare outstanding meals that far outstand some the best 5* restaurants I have visited in London !!
Nadeem and Matthew from the Dive centre were also great at giving us tips on where to go snorkelling !
I can highly recommend the Taj Exotica as THE destination to stay in the Maldives. Thank you to all the staff for making our honeymoon perfect !

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are extremely delighted to hear that Taj Exotica Resort & Spa lived up to expectations and made your honeymoon special. We have communicated your lovely feedback to Nadeem, Chef Bhasker, Mathieu and the entire team at the resort who all very happy to have received your feedback. I am certain this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in future.

The entire team at the resort is passionate about ensuring that all our guests enjoy their stay with us and return home with many fond memories of their holidays. The culinary team with their award winning expertise are always eager to showcase their gastronomic offerings and we are happy to cater to any special needs of the guests.

Once again I thank you for your glowing feedback of the resort products and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another fun filled and relaxing holiday.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do contact me at the email below.