Just arrived from one week at the Taj Exotica. What can I say? I found what I was looking for! This was my 5th trip to the Maldives, having stayed at great resorts with my husband and children, like the Four Seasons, Soneva Fushi or Kanahura. But this time was different, I was travelling alone with a friend, two women alone, and we needed a place where we would feel at ease, confortable, pampered, and mainly "at home". We found that at the TAJ, mainly dued to the exeptional staff. We were both exausted, having just organized two great weddings, my daughter's and her son's, and we both really needed to escape and rest. So we left familly and husbands behind, and set off to look for paradise. TAJ EXOTICA is exactly that! As I had already been to the Maldives several times, but my friend not, I told her a lot about what we would find, but even me was surprised by what we found! I had never found in the other resorts I had been, this kind of service, fantastic staff, genuine will to serve the guest and catter to all our needs. This is unique, because we feel it is not fake, it comes from their heart, not from hotel schools! What smilling faces! The island, villas, SPA!..., restaurants, all are beautiful and first class! The food is amazing in both restaurants (unfortunatelly each of us gained 3 pounds!). We spent quite some time at the SPA, in the marvellous hands of Mattel? and Rosie! The weather was amazing all along, rained only one night for 5 minutes. And this was low season, I have had worse weather in December, it is just a matter of luck, but anyway the weather also helped to make our holidays unforgettable.
A special word to our buttler Baskaran, always so concerned with us, doing everything we asked him in seconds, and treating us as if we were his mothers! We really felt at home, like millionaires in our private island with our private impecable staff!!! We stayed at a deluxe lagoon villa with pool, #432, fantastic location, at the far end of the jetty, so private, yet so cosy and confortable and feeling that Baskaran was always nearby waiting for anything we needed! A word also to Ali from the Pool Bar and Deep End Restaurant, who even invited us to watch the World Cup soccer game between Portugal(our country) and Korea, at the staff's quarters where they had a big screen! And as we won 7-0, they cheered with us every single goal,but with all respect. This is real hospitality!
Only one comment, to achieve perfection, they should try to hide underneath the water villas, when swimming next to the villas, we can see all the tubes and "bafonds" of the villas, which is not a pretty sight! There must be a way to cover or hide that.
The planes going over, did not matter at all!
Loved it all so much, that I am going back in September with my husband!
TAJ EXOTICA, see you in September!
Isabel Soares Franco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the 'Three Coconut Island,' ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport. The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of ignature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive estination holiday. Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/Emboodhu Finolhu