“PARADISE FOUND!”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Just arrived from one week at the Taj Exotica. What can I say? I found what I was looking for! This was my 5th trip to the Maldives, having stayed at great resorts with my husband and children, like the Four Seasons, Soneva Fushi or Kanahura. But this time was different, I was travelling alone with a friend, two women alone, and we needed a place where we would feel at ease, confortable, pampered, and mainly "at home". We found that at the TAJ, mainly dued to the exeptional staff. We were both exausted, having just organized two great weddings, my daughter's and her son's, and we both really needed to escape and rest. So we left familly and husbands behind, and set off to look for paradise. TAJ EXOTICA is exactly that! As I had already been to the Maldives several times, but my friend not, I told her a lot about what we would find, but even me was surprised by what we found! I had never found in the other resorts I had been, this kind of service, fantastic staff, genuine will to serve the guest and catter to all our needs. This is unique, because we feel it is not fake, it comes from their heart, not from hotel schools! What smilling faces! The island, villas, SPA!..., restaurants, all are beautiful and first class! The food is amazing in both restaurants (unfortunatelly each of us gained 3 pounds!). We spent quite some time at the SPA, in the marvellous hands of Mattel? and Rosie! The weather was amazing all along, rained only one night for 5 minutes. And this was low season, I have had worse weather in December, it is just a matter of luck, but anyway the weather also helped to make our holidays unforgettable.
A special word to our buttler Baskaran, always so concerned with us, doing everything we asked him in seconds, and treating us as if we were his mothers! We really felt at home, like millionaires in our private island with our private impecable staff!!! We stayed at a deluxe lagoon villa with pool, #432, fantastic location, at the far end of the jetty, so private, yet so cosy and confortable and feeling that Baskaran was always nearby waiting for anything we needed! A word also to Ali from the Pool Bar and Deep End Restaurant, who even invited us to watch the World Cup soccer game between Portugal(our country) and Korea, at the staff's quarters where they had a big screen! And as we won 7-0, they cheered with us every single goal,but with all respect. This is real hospitality!
Only one comment, to achieve perfection, they should try to hide underneath the water villas, when swimming next to the villas, we can see all the tubes and "bafonds" of the villas, which is not a pretty sight! There must be a way to cover or hide that.
The planes going over, did not matter at all!
Loved it all so much, that I am going back in September with my husband!
TAJ EXOTICA, see you in September!
Isabel Soares Franco
Rita Sanches

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank IsabelFranco
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Dear Ms. Franco and Ms. Sanches,

Greetings from the beautiful Maldives.

We are all very touched and extremely delighted to have received a glowing review from yourselves. We have communicated your lovely note to Noteil, Rosie, Bhaskaran, Ali, the culinary team and the entire team at Taj Exotica who are all very happy to have received the same. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence. As you mentioned for the team here this is not just a job but our passion to ensure that all guests enjoy their holiday with us and go home with many fond memories, wanting to return to our island for many more memorable experiences.

We would like to thank you for your feedback on the improvement of the area under the water villas and the same has been brought to our Chief Engineer’s attention who will ensure that all the wiring and cables under the water villas are concealed from the vision of the guests.

Once again we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to you for the wonderful comments and encouragement. We all await your return in September to our island paradise for another memorable holiday at Taj Exotica – your home in Maldives.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do let me know at the email below.

Email – kunal.arya@tajhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was our third visit to the Maldives, and Taj was by far the best so far!
From the moment we arrived, we were made so welcome by the staff team, who are an absolute credit to the management. Every member of staff on this island works extremely hard to ensure that you have the most amazing time. The food was the best food we have ever had, with all preferences catered for.
We stayed in a beach villa which was beautiful, we had our own plunge pool which is situated just outside the villa with a view over the ocean. The beach villas have the added benefit from the gorgeous sunsets which are extremely dramatic.
Due to the weather being a little wet, we spent many an afternoon in the spa which was like nothing we have experienced before, the treatment rooms were truly stunning with real attention to detail. The spa was exceptional and all of this comes at a price so remember your credit card!
We have had a unforgettable holiday at Taj and hope to return next year.
A huge thank you to Fayaz and Hussain for making everything just perfect in every way. Also a big thank you to all of the staff in the restaurant for their magic tricks which kept us amused during the evenings! The staff at Taj make it what it is and should take the credit for making our holiday absolutely perfect.
If you are thinking about booking and like me spend hours on trip advisor, look no further, Taj has it all!
Jo & Andy (Plymouth - England)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Maldives.

The entire team at Taj Exotica is extremely touched and delighted to receive your heart warming review. We are very happy to hear that we could make your holiday with us a memorable experience.

We have communicated your feedback to Fayaz, Hussain, the entire Food & Beverage team and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same. I am certain that your words of praise will encourage us to continually excel and achieve higher standards of excellence.

You would be pleased to know that our Jiva Grande Spa was voted as the ‘Best Overseas Spa’ in Maldives by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia Gold List 2010 Readers Award.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another rejuvenating and relaxing holiday to take you on a new gastronomic journey with our award winning culinary experts.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do contact me.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed at Taj Exotica, Maldives for a week and it was the BEST vacation we ever had! Everything about the resort was amazing. It's located on a beautiful island about 15 minutes from the airport (by boat). The island is covered with tropical trees and beautiful flowers, the resort has a lovely beach and the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon simply take your breath away.

We stayed at a deluxe lagoon villa. The villa was perfect, it included a private veranda and pool, and amazing views of the Indian Ocean. Only three steps down the veranda and you find yourself swimming in the lagoon. Even the bathtub had a view of the Indian Ocean. The villa includes everything you need and more.

The resort staff was incredible, they were all very helpful, respectful and friendly. We went diving a couple of times and were very pleased with the dive center as well. We had our personal butler, he showed up the minute we stepped on the island and then he was there for us 24/7 - And when I say 24/7, I mean it! We often found ourselves wondering when (if ever) he got any sleep, as he seemed to be around whenever we needed him, day and night!

The staff at Taj Exotica sure knows how to pamper you and make you feel like a star! One morning we were supposed to go diving but my husband got sick and so we called and told the dive center we could not come. A few hours later, our butler brought a tropical fruit platter to our room, with a personal "hope you get well soon" note from the General Manager of the resort! And then one afternoon we came back to our room from the beach, to find that the bathtub had been filled with warm water, lots of bubbles and red rose petals. These are only a few of the surprises and gestures I can think of!

Ok, what else...

* The resort has a number of restaurants to choose from, we tried them all and enjoyed them all. The food was great, especially the fish, the wine menu was superb and the sushi at the beach bar was KILLER!

* SPA - Perfect! They have a wide variety of SPA treatments, we tried two different massages, the massage therapists were probably among the best in the world.

* Excursions - Lots of excursions to choose from, our favorite was the sunset fishing cruise. We had a lot of time. Unfortunately we could not catch any fish, but there was a barbecue at the beach the next night and the guests that were lucky enough to catch some fish were kind enough to share their with us!

We travel a lot and we've stayed in hotels all around the world... but we've never seen anything like Taj Exotica. None of the other tropical resorts even comes close to Taj Exotica and I mean it! This is heaven on earth! It was worth every penny we paid and we would definitely recommend this resort to everyone who intends to visit the Maldives. I hope we will be able to go back again! It doesn't get any better than this!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from rainy Maldives.

We would all like to thank you for the fantastic feedback and are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday with us. We have communicated your words of praise to the entire team at Taj Exotica and they are very happy to have received the same. I am certain that your encouragement and support will inspire us to strive for higher standards of excellence in hospitality.

You would be pleased to know that our excursions list also includes deep sea fishing, where you are bound to catch a big fish which our Chefs would be happy to prepare for you in the style of your choice.

Once again I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback on behalf of the entire resort and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

What can i say about the Taj that already hasn't already been said..

This is a top class resort with amazing customer service which they are constantly improving.
From the moment you arrive all your needs are catered for this is mainly due to the general manager and his deputy's who are customer service personified.

i cant recommend this place enough the food will blow you away, be prepared for gaining a few pounds i'm still trying to lose it.
All in all a great experience and relaxing trip.. who knows the presidential suite beckons! if my numbers come in.
you wont find a more relaxed atmosphere in the maldives.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would all like to thank you for your heart warming feedback of us all. We have communicated your feedback to Mr. Girish Sehgal, General Manager, the culinary team and the entire team at Taj Exotica who are very happy to have received the same. Your kind words will serve as a source of inspiration for us all to achieve higher standards of excellence.

We are delighted to learn that our chefs could tantalize your taste buds with their varied gastronomic offerings and the whole experience of your stay at our resort was a relaxing affair.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise – maybe this time at the presidential suite for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

Had the best holiday at the Taj. The location, staff and food was exceptional. Luxurious accommodation. never realized when the room was being tidied up!! I wonder how many things are there on this small island.

Only problem I felt was the airplane landing at the airport late evenings or mornings. As light sleeper, that was a big pain. However, I would still return to the hotel without a second thought! Great job Taj for having put such a wonderful team to make it one of the best holiday.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ravMumbai

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

The entire team at Taj Exotica joins me in thanking you for the lovely feedback. We have communicated your words of encouragement to the entire team at the resort who have conveyed their gratitude to you.

We are very happy to hear that we could create some magical moments during your stay which made it the best and a memorable holiday.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the flights flying overhead Taj Exotica. We along with the other resorts which are in the 30 to 40 minutes radius from the airport are affected with the similar concern. All of us have been in constant talks with the Ministry of Aviation and we very recently had a visit from the Ministry officials to understand and resolve the same. This has definitely helped us.

Everyone at the resort look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do contact me.

Reviewed May 31, 2010

From the moment u step onto the island u know it was the right decision.

Chilled champagne for adults, fruit juice and goody bags for kids at the reception. A personal welcome by the GM Mr.Sehgal assures that everything will be just as u like it. All your needs will be taken care of.

Next we r assigned a butler Fayaz who takes us to our villa in a.buggy. Well planned spacious luxurious rooms with an openair shower area , a plunge pool, a hammock and our very own private beach. The kids decided on the plunge pool, hammock and beach and got busy right away.

The Taj has one of the best lagoons in Maldives and has a decent house reef. They have a very well run diving centre. Sandra, Yoko and Mathieu r the dive instructors there. My husband wears high numbered glasses so he was pleasantly surprised to get numbered diving goggles. All 4 of us went snorkelling into the lagoon and then 3 of us took turns and ventured deep sea diving. My 8 yr old son went fearlessly with Yoko clicking many photos with his underwater camera. My husband and I went with Sandra and saw the beautiful coral reef with a sighting of a turtle and some reef sharks and loads of colourful fish, coral, anemones, sea cucumbers, giant clams. It was just excellent. My husband and son want to do a diving certificate course next time. Cannot thank Sandra and Yoko enough. Fayaz was in charge of the kids when when we adults went scuba diving.

The hotel has excellent dining facilities, be it the 24 hrs (all day dining), Deep Sea fine dining restaurant, or the Equator (bar). They have a special children’s menu at 24 hrs and if u please to have any other item from the adult menu they are most happy to give a kids portion of the same. The staff, especially Vidhya and Salah at 24 hrs and Amit at the Equator were very friendly and helpful. Not to forget our chef who made all our lunches and dinners most memorable. The cuisine was impeccable, be it asian or continental, serving quality produce from all over the world. Luigi the inhouse sommelier gave us an indetailed informative and interesting wine tasting session. A man who loves and knows his wines but one who also loves people and makes the entire wine tasting session enjoyable.

A chocolate sculpture waiting for us at our room, orange cake the next day, goody bags surprises waiting for kids when they least expect it , first class toiletries. All this attention to detail and more made our stay even more pleasurable.

Travelling with kids usually means u will need another holiday at the end of the present one. This all changes at the Taj. They know how to take care of their guests no matter what their age may be. They also have a newly built childrens activity centre. My kids aged 8 and 5yrs preferred exploring the island, fish (shark, rays and a host of others) feeding, hermit crab hunts and then the crab race. This was all possible thanks to the effort put in by the staff especially Fayaz at the hotel. I have to mention in particular Bjoern Hiller who took particular interest in what the childrens schedule for the day would b. He even allowed them to bake cookies once at his kitchen and make non alcoholic drinks at the bar.

They do have a good spa, though I do admit of not using it, maybe next time. Lovely infinity pool to spend a lazy afternoons in. Good poolside menu too.

All in all I would give 11 out of 10 for the kind of service they give you. Will definitely go there again, anytime.

Expensive but worth every penny spent!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank MumbaiJan
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Maldives.

Everyone at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives joins me in thanking you for your superlative review of us and the resort. We have communicated your feedback to Sandra, Yoko, Mathieu, Fayaz, Vidhya, Salah, Amit, Luigi, Bjoern Hiller, Mr. Girish Sehgal and all at Taj Exotica. We strongly believe that your feedback will inspire all of us to achieve higher standards of excellence in future.

We are extremely delighted to learn that the entire family enjoyed their vacation at our resort and that the team here could create a memorable experiences for all of you. It’s team’s passion and commitment to ensure that all our guests of all age groups have a fantastic and memorable experience at Taj Exotica.

Sandra, Yoko and Mathieu eagerly await your return and will ensure that your son and husband have a superb dive learning experience and earn their certification too.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday and we will ensure that your holiday is absolutely relaxing and enjoyable.

Email: kunal.arya@tajhotels.com

Reviewed May 25, 2010

It is very rare to go somewhere on holiday and not feel a little disappointed with something during your stay. The Taj was an exception to the rule, the week we spent there was absolutely perfect and was the best holiday my husband and I have EVER had. We travelled with our 2 year old and all the staff couldn't do enough to make her happy and keep her entertained. We purposely chose not to stay at a hotel with a kids club but were a little nervous at how she would cope for a week but we needn't have worried. The hotel made her bed ( a little cod bed) which was out of this world, gave her little treats every night and even gave her a cuddly elephant when she arrived because she wanted to see one! Kids menu was great and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I can't praise the staff enough for making our stay so wonderful. The quality of the food was excellent, the best curries we have ever had, butler service 'Shamiz' was fantastic and housekeeping first class. Everything about this hotel screams quality, if you want a top class holiday this is the best place to go. I could rave about the Taj and it's staff for ever and will recommend it to all our friends. We will certainly be back next year!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennycooke
KunalArya, Resort Coordinator at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

Dear Mrs. Cooke,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are all extremely delighted to learn that not only did Olive enjoy her holiday but we could ensure that you and Mr. Cooke also had a wonderfully relaxing holiday. We have communicated your wonderful feedback to Shamiz and the entire team at Taj Exotica who are thrilled to have received the same. We are certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in future.

While Taj Exotica is a couples retreat, a honeymooner’s paradise, we do love our little world travellers and would definitely do everything possible to ensure their stay is as comfortable and memorable so that their parents can relax and enjoy their holiday as well.

We are very pleased to know that you were impressed by the gastronomic offerings at our restaurants, which offer a wide selection of cuisines from all over the world. Deep End - our speciality restaurant serves world progressive cuisine and is one of the only restaurants in Maldives to have been featured in Conde Nast Hot Tables list.

Everyone here at Taj Exotica looks forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday with us.

In the meanwhile if I can be of any assistance please do let me know at my email address below.

Resort Coodinator
Email: kunal.arya@tajhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!