We travelled to Taj Exotica for our honeymoon and truly loved the experience.
It is located 20 minutes from Male, and after being greeted by their staff in the arrivals area at Male airport, we were taken away to the boat for a short trip to the island. On the boat we were presented with cold towels and cold bottled water which was most welcome, and a nice introduction to the Hotel.
The staff were always very friendly and helpful, even when dealing with a complaint we had. We came back to our villa after breakfast on our first morning at Taj to hear kids splashing around in the water in front of our villa, and their mother yelling at them from their room next door. After an hour or so of this, we decided we had to change rooms, and upon approaching management and explaining that we were on our honeymoon and didn't expect to be surrounded by kids when we booked the Taj, they were very good in finding us another room and having all of our luggage shifted that afternoon. We thought the situation was handled very well. After the first day, we also never had to tell any of the staff our room number when we visited the restaurant, and we were always greated with a personal welcome, "Good morning Mr and Mrs ..."
The room was very acceptable. We had a lagoon villa (without the plunge pool) which we thought was fine. The room was big enough to move around in, the deck was large enough for two deck chairs, a table and two chairs to fit comfortably, and the access door from the deck to the bathroom was a good idea. The young men in charge of cleaning our room were also very attentive and it was always clean and tidy after they had visited each day. The rooms had a connection for our ipod, the bed was comfortable, and the bath overlooking the ocean was a nice touch. We also enjoyed the nightly treats, ranging from chocolate cake, to biscuits that were left in our room when we came back from dinner.
The food and drinks were also supurb. We had selected the half-board option for our package, and the breakfast and dinner was more than enough. There are two restaurants on the island, but we only ate at the one restaurant that was included in our package as the food there was simply devine, both breakfast and dinner. My wife enjoyed one breakfast recipe so much that she had it most days, and on our last day there, the staff presented her with the recipe which she thought was just great! The restaurant has different food theme nights every second night, so you were never short of a new food option during the stay! A story I must share, one night per week, the restaurant serves lobster on the menu. On learning that my wife loves lobster but that we would miss the lobster night, we were suprised the following night when one of the managers, between our chosen entree and main courses, presented us with two lobster dishes, at no additional cost. Needless to say we had more than enough food that night! The wine list is also extensive, if not a little pricey, but you should know that before you leave. We also enjoyed the bar for sunset drinks, and managed to build a good rapour with the staff there.
Overall the Taj is everything that you could ask for. There will always be things that you wish were slightly better, but nothing that remotely spoiled our honeymoon. The Hotel has everything that you need, including its own desalination plant, so the water is always fresh. Would recommend it to a couple for a honeymoon or a getaway, but not a place for kids, and anyone thinking of taking kids to this island should reconsider other accommodation as it is built for couples and adults and not only will the kids be bored, but they may annoy the other guests also! It does not have an extensive range of activities available, outside of some snorkelling and diving, and is more for relaxation than adventure.
We also enjoyed the spa and the morning yoga sessions, something neither of us had done before.
It is expensive, yes, but you should be aware of this before you go, and we did not feel we overpaid for the experience that we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the 'Three Coconut Island,' ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport. The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of ignature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive estination holiday. Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoftTaj, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/Emboodhu Finolhu