Mostly when I scour these reviews, what I'm looking for is the negatives as differentiators. So let me give it to you straight up. There is no reef on the island itself.
This is compensated for to a large extent by the gorgeous, large lagoon that surrounds the island, and then wholly compensated for by the fact that in every other way imaginable, the resort is perfect. The location, rooms, food, spa, service. I could go on and on about all these aspects, but will just say that if you're trying to decide on a really 5 star resort, that won't disappoint, this is a sure bet. You'll pay a lot, but you already know that :-) At least here, you end up feeling that it was worth it!
Having been lucky enough to travel to the Maldives a few times, I have visited several properties. I'd visit other resorts again, depending on the rate, time of year, and what I was going for - but Taj Exotica is the only resort that I came away from not wishing something had been different, or better in some way. A small but powerful example of the difference between Taj and some of the other 5 stars - when you go to the pool, someone comes by immediately with ice cold water and towels. 30 minutes later, they come by with chilled fruit. I can't say how many times I have been to 5 star resorts which leave you sweating for 10 mins or longer before someone comes by to bring towels, see if you want anything or to help put up an umbrella.
Every restroom, even the outdoor restrooms near public areas, has luxury products - highe end liquid soap and lotion. Would it have changed my experience if one of the bathrooms near the pool had standard issue soap? Not really, but in a luxury resort, it's all in the details. And those small charming touches add up to a really spectacular time. Taj Exotica reminds me of the time I went to a particular Michelin restaurant and, while I do remember the meal was spectacular, what really surprised me and what I will always remember is that they had tied silk ribbon around their spare toilet rolls in the bathroom. I didn't know before how toilet paper could possibly look special, but this restaurant showed me how. The Taj Exotica likewise ties the metaphorical ribbon around the toilet roll!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the 'Three Coconut Island,' ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport. The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of ignature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive estination holiday. Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/Emboodhu Finolhu