“Wow what a place to be for leisure”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
“Wow what a place to be for leisure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I just loved it loved it loved it, what else can say. Gorgeous pool villas with great hospitality. A must go for every leisure traveler. When i went to this resort i was speechless and wanted to go to my room and just relax. The spa here is just fab and do try the water sports at this island. Great place for a vacation

Room Tip: chose a water front villa
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tanwani
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your holiday and would also like to thank you for recommending the resort to everyone. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable experience in the near future.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Though this was my first trip to the Maldives, this was a remarkable experience. The hotel / island is tiny and can be walked from one end to the other in less than 10 minutes. The lagoon is one of the largest in the Maldives. The food & service are nothing short of incredible. Every effort was made to make our stay more memorable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the main reception area.
1 Thank Kooms
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the lovely review post your recent stay at our resort. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your holiday with us and were happy with the food and service. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable experience in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We really enjoyed our 4 day break at the Taj Exotica. As our flight arrived late it was great that the resort was located close to the airport. We had booked a Lagoon Villa and it was in all honesty bit disappointing. The decor was a little tired and dated. Coffe cream coloured walls, orange soft furnishings and over laquered wooden furniture. The water was a little choppy on this side of the lagoon and if I was going again I would book a beach villa as these overlooked the more scenic calm waters on the other side of the island and enjoyed sunset views. The service was fantastic, the staff were very thoughtful and tried very hard to make sure that the guests had an enjoyable stay. The food was excellent if a little pricey, club sandwiches $24++, pizzas $32++. Breakfasts were outstanding and were a great start to the day. My husband and daughter went scuba diving and were delighted to see sharks and a Napolean fish. We all went snorkeling on the reef which we enjoyed but found we saw a great variety of fish just snorkelling under the deluxe lagoon villas. Overall a lovely stay with some great memories.

Room Tip: The waters were quite choppy around the lagoon villas and there are no fish to be seen around the La...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank newmansg
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your review and are delighted to read that you and your family were able to relax at our resort. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the food and your family had fun diving. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

The weather is Maldives is known to be unpredictable and unfortunately the winds were coming in from the east during your stay. We are also happy to inform you that the Lagoon Villas will be undergoing soft refurbishment over the next year.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Selecting Maldives as the destination is the easiest thing one can do, short listing which resort is probably the toughest. Once these 2 things are taken care off there is no looking back, except for the great memories.

Well it was my very first trip to Maldives. Obviously I was enchanted with the mesmerizing pics which most of the resorts over here offer.

Being familiar with the TAJ brand and their hospitality, choosing the same for the trip was my safest bet. I do agree I was tempted in finalizing Constance Halaveli which was falling in the same budget.To be honest there are tons of options which all look equally good and are big brand in their own way. But I was very confident about the food at TAJ and so I finalized the same, trust me guys that was the best gamble I ever played.

I read lots of reviews here regarding the view for over water Deluxe lagoon Villa. One side is facing Male City and lagoon villa and other to the never ending ocean. Hence I booked later way in advance. Even after repeated follow up they dint confirm which room they were allocating. I kept on requesting them not to give me the Male City facing villa and kindly confirm me the same on mail as I am booking well in advance. However even after repeated attempts I was not given the confirmation on the same. But when the room was allocated, I was spell bound,

I got the villa which was further most from the resort and not male city facing. Icing on the cake was it was next to Presidential suite. Room no 429 opens the door to heaven. It was flawless. Even if i try my best to come up with the complain I just cant, that room was flawless. We pay bombshell not for the interiors but for the view and I was so happy with the same. Over water Deluxe lagoon villa especially room no 429 (odd no. rooms) are the best no doubt.

Now once you are happy and content with the room the next thing to talk about is the resort. Well we were spell bound at the Male airport itself seeing the clear blue waters. Our joy knew no bounds when we arrived at the resort. The way they maintain the property is outstanding, after regular intervals you will find a sweeper cleaning the walkway, the sand is as white as the snow and the water is crystal clear. You instantly detoxify once you put your step on this property.

Well butler plays an important role in enhancing the comfort . Mr Wahid, thanks a ton for being a perfect host. He was very attentive and always took initiative in voicing his suggestions. I also thank Chef Francis and Chef Patra , Veg Assiette - the best dish I have eva eaten so far. I really relish the experience of the culinary skills of these 2 chefs ....kudos to them.

The coral was very well maintained , snorkeling with the fishes was an awesome experience. Feeding the sharks , the blue lights during the night at the ocean, Hukkah at beach side lounge.........there is so much to talk about.

To Sum up, jus close your eyes - open your wallet and head towards TAJ Exotica ......Memorable experience.

However there always can be room for improvement
1) Usually there is some floral decore on bed and bathtub when you are coming for Honeymoon, which was lacking during my stay
2) All the toiletries used were perfect except the razor, it never had a good shave.
2) Somehow I felt the senior management lacked attentiveness, in other properties I have seen Senior management interacting atleast once with the guest, however at TAJ everything was left to butler team who no doubt are thorough professionals and very resourceful.

Room Tip: All lagoon villas have good views. Deluxe lagoon villa choose the non city facing rooms. Bungalow...
4 Thank foodieJeet

Greetings from Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your review post your stay with us. It gives us pleasure to read that you loved your room and were happy that you got the room of your choice, though certain rooms cannot be reserved in advance especially when the resort is running full house. All rooms at the resort are fitted with similar amenities and comforts. I have shared your feedback with Waheed, Francis, Patra and the entire team at the resort who are happy to have received your appreciation.

However, I do apologize that you felt neglected by the Senior Management and would like to assure you that my team and I myself do make every effort to get in touch with all the guests atleast once if not more during their stay. I have also noted your dissatisfaction with the razor and taken the matter up with our Executive Housekeeper who will ensure that the same is not repeated in future.

Once again we would like to thank you for the review and do hope to welcome you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Hope Island, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

When arriving at The Taj Exotica Resort & Spa my partner & I were amazed. The crystal blue waters, white sandy beach & greetings from the staff was outstanding. We were escorted to the Equator Bar for a complimentary glass of champagne to allow us to refresh ourselves before being escorted to our Over Water Deluxe Bungalow. To our amazement when we walked in the room we see the most astonishing view possible. Our room was perfect. We had our own private plunge pool & butler. All the staff were so friendly & welcoming, ensuring we were comfortable & happy throughout our entire stay. The Island was immaculate & The food was to die for. Our Butler organised the most beautiful private beach dinner for Valentines days it was stunning. My partner & I would like to Thank everyone at The Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for making our stay something we will never forget. We will most certainly be coming back in the near further. We would recommend this resort to absolutely everybody looking to go away. We had the time of our lives.

2 Thank Skye J
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Shah,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax at the resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Maldives was on our bucket list for a long time and our 10th anniversary was the ideal moment to tick this box. After a lot of research we picked the Taj, great reviews and easy, fast transfer from the airport (15 minutes). So here comes the only warning: you have a few airplanes flying over on final approach. These planes do come in 3 waves: a morning 8am group, an early afternoon and late evening. If you do not like the noise of maybe 15 planes a day, this is not your resort.
But for us it was, just everything we looked for and more. The transfer from the airport was smooth and the warm welcoming at the pier was just awesome.
We booked overwater bungalow with pool and we did absolutely nothing: enjoying the great view and service of the hotel and we went snorkeling twice a day (watch out for current which is pretty strong at some point during the day).
The foods was great and just sitting with your bear feet in the sand..... What else can you expect from paradise.
Thank you to all staff of the hotel, each one of you were excellent and you all remembered our anniversary date so the decorating, chocolate cake and champagne made this day one we will never forget.
Wished we could come back to you all tomorrow and sharing our pictures with friends and family.

Room Tip: Overwater bungalow and uneven numbers will give you a lot of sunshine in the afternoon. Try to get...
1 Thank Bart V
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the lovely review post your 10th Wedding Anniversary celebrations at our resort. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your holiday and your choice of staying with us matched upto your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Larkspur, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

After a very long flight from San Francisco, my travel friend and I began to relax the minute we stepped from the boat to the pier. The welcoming music, flower leis and enthusiastic staff were all it took. It is the perfect place to unwind. We found we did absolutely nothing--lounged by the infinity pool, snoozed in the hammock, dug our toes in the sand, snoozed some more and dragged our bones to the nearly go-cart which took us to the restaurant, where we wiggled our toes in the sand some more. A great variety of water sports are available, but we were content to sit by the sea and relax some more. Everything has been thought of from the giant bath towels to the outdoor shower to the soaking tub to the accommodating and pleasant staff who make it all happen. Absolutely the best!

Room Tip: I think they must all be good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarinTraveler0
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,740 reviews

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!