“Superb hotel, unique location, exemplary service”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
“Superb hotel, unique location, exemplary service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit to the Maldives and we chose this hotel from the documentation made available by our travel agent. And the experience has been unique: first of all the atoll on which this hotel is built has one of the biggest lagoons in the Maldives. For people like this reviewer who like to " charge their batteries" by swimming, lying on the beach and reading, this lagoon is a dream. The hotel itself is excellent, the restaurants leave absolutely nothing to be desired while it is difficult to imagine in what ways the level of service can be improved. One is left with the impression that the extremely attentive,polite and competent staff somehow guesses one's desires before they are expressed in words.
Concluding, I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and it would be a grave omission on my part if I did not add my thanks to the wonderful staff.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Konstantin A
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review post your 2nd visit to the Maldives. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed swimming and relaxing amidst one of the largest lagoon in Maldives. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable experience in the near future.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I went to Taj Exotica Maldives for our 10th anniversary and the experience was more than what we had ever expected! The property is absolutely gorgeous with a breathtaking lagoon ( I believe it is one of the largest lagoons in Maldives) with crystal clear water.. But obviously the entire country is beautiful.. what marks this property apart is the absolute sensual experience which everyone over here strives to give you, right from the ambience to the meals to the very scent and feel of the place.. We had booked the overwater villa but when we arrived we were delighted to know that we had been upgraded to the beachfront villa with our own private pool! The minute we checked in we were greeted with our welcome drink - which was champagne! And then we were taken to our room.... It was a luxurious room and had the bestest amenities one could ask for.. the towels and robes were so soft you would never want to get out of them! The pool was gorgeous and we had our own private beach overlooking the lagoon! Even though the beach was a man made one and was protected from the ocean with a small wall at edge it was still amazing! We woke up early morning to the sunrise directly in front of us - since the wall facing the bed was a glass wall overlooking the ocean and facing east. We arrived for breakfast and though initially we had our apprehension that the hotel does not offer buffet breakfast because that's what one is used to in all 5 star properties, all our doubts were put to rest when we ordered our breakfast.. even your basic eggs, French toast, fruits etc is served so beautifully and is so delicious you feel like you are having a meal at an expensive fine dining restaurant (which it is!).
Oh and yes, when we checked in we were given our own private butler- who suggested iteneraries for our stay and even arranged for surprise cake and champagne in our room on the day of our anniversary.. He also took us on a day trip spent snorkelling in the ocean, island hopping and a small picnic on an uninhabited island.
Although May is probably not the best time to go to Maldives since it rained non stop on 2 of the 4 days we were there.. but the hotel staff is so thoughtful and considerate! Consider these 2 examples - one of the days when it was raining cats and dogs, we arrived in our room after breakfast to find that not only was the room made up, the huge bath tub overlooking the pool and ocean had been made for us and decorated with rose petals! At another occasion we borrowed some DVDs from the library one evening and reach our room to find room services had sent pop corn and soft drinks in our room for us to enjoy our movie!!! One of these rainly days we took advantage of our complimentary spa treatment in the spa - Jiva and that was an amazing experience (like everything else) as well!
Taj Exotica is truly a heavenly place to be and everyone over here makes sure you have the experience of a lifetime.. I am definitely going back the next chance I get!

Room Tip: Day boat trip doing snorkelling in the ocean and island hopping is a must do!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank psachdev10
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your 10th Wedding Anniversary celebration at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

It's a paradise on the earth. The best relaxing holiday we had of my life . Staff is well trained . Excellent hospitality .whatever was our requirement we never heard no.
Fantastic time we had on my wife's 58th birthday.
Regards Dipendu Shah

Room Tip: No better pampering than this I have experienced ever
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Shah,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed celebrating your wife's 58th Birthday. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed for 1 night prior to a dive trip. This was my first stay in the Maldives. The island is spotless and magical, with the most pristine beach and crystal blue water. It is everything I always hoped the Maldives would be. I stayed in an overwater villa with a plunge pool...room 418. It faced north - there is a current and wind on this side of the island, it not "lagoon like" at this time of year...January and therefore climbing in the ocean for a swim might be a little daunting if not a confident swimmer.
If you love the ocean, you probably don't need a plunge pool too, but if not that experienced with water, then it would be worthwhile.
However, the beach villas faced the south, placid side of the island. Truly beautiful views. People can in theory walk past your villa, but we are instructed not to.
The included breakfast was fantastic - could order anything off an a la carte menu, which was very extensive.
Note to experienced snorkellers - there is not really any reef/coral here, so not a great place for snorkelling straight off the island. Some beginners were quite impressed with a little patch off the pontoon. But there are organized expeditions daily (for a cost!).
The room was also gorgeous. I dint have time to use the spa.
The staff here were truly friendly and seemed to mean it. The also allowed me to check in early and use my villa quite late which I really appreciate.
I also stayed at Gili Lankanfushi on the same trip. Although my room there was one of the giant Crusoe residences and therefore too amazing to put into words (at an even greater cost!), I have to say that I liked the Taj island better, the lagoon side to the island was so pristine and calming, a more pleasant place to swim.
In summary, aside from the lack of a reef, this place was faultless.

Room Tip: The north facing overwater villas face Male which you can see in the distance, and planes fly overhe...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Goingfor100
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your short stay at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Dear All,

We were staying in the TAJ for the very first time. We were there for a family get together during the x mas season in 2013.

I would like to thank all of the staff members of this resort ALL as they were all very helpful, very careful of our desires, very accommodating, very everything............ VINITA was practically a member of the family by the end of our stay.

I would like to congratulate the director mr ranjit for the best time we have had in his care.

The water bungalows were exceptional in all aspects..........the food quality was good. The island is also out of the world.

Now just some points to improve as we clients are getting more and more difficult to please :)

- The service at the breakfast tables in the morning was not up to the standard of the TAJ, a little too slow and complicated.
- The menus of the restaurants were not changing enough so we often landed up having the same dishes.
- The water sports department not belonging to your company makes it complicated to get your quality service.

Thank you from the whole family once again for everything.

With regards
Vivek

Room Tip: Water bungalow is great but with kids having a bungalow on the sand is much better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are very happy to have received your review post your stay last Christmas. It gives us pleasure to read that you enjoyed your family get together at our resort. I have shared your feedback with Vinita and the entire team at the resort who appreciate your kind words of praise.

We would like to thank you for your feedback on breakfast service at the 24 Degrees restaurant which I have taken up with our Food & Beverage Director who has already formulated an extensive training plan to ensure such delays do not occur in future.

Regarding the menu being repetitive, you would be happy to know that we have a wide range of selection in our A la carte menu which is different for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we also have different theme nights besides the regular A la carte menu five times a week.

Our Water Sports and Dive Center, though not a part of our company have been given a set of standards in line with ours to ensure that excellent service is provided to all our guests. We also conduct regular audits and checks to ensure that the same is adhered to by our Dive Center. Rest assured we will retrain and reiterate the standards with them again

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday with the family.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I are well travelled. We have been to over 60 countries. Never, have we had such a memorable hotel experience. The staff at the Taj were helpful before we even landed. We had some special requests as we were bringing along our 7 month old son. They were patient and helpful. The property is outstanding. We stayed in a beach villa, and the room was elegant and equipped with everything we needed. The staff were so generous and spent lots of time playing with our son, which allowed for us to eat a few meals in peace (very appreciated!). The transfer from the airport to the island was smooth, and took little time which we appreciated travelling with a little one. You do see and hear a few planes while at the resort, but this is the trade off with being close to Male. We truly enjoyed our time, never haver we felt so completely cared for. We left feeling truly hopeful that we will have the opportunity to go back one day.

Room Tip: We strongly advise the beach villas, as they are effectively the same as the water villas and less...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NickiMaus
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you and your little son enjoyed your holiday at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

u.k
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have just returned from our fourth visit to this property what can i say that hasn't been said already if you are thinking about a holiday to the taj and considering the price then dont just book it will be the best decision you make this year! the taj will make your visit most memorable and special. If like us you work hard and would like to spend some time in a stress free environment then you owe it to yourself . Dont delay book today! the staff are amazing and there to make you stay a memorable one. we are both vegetarians so as you can imagine we find it difficult on our travels to find great food but not here the restaurant staff and chefs went the extra mile to prepare special meals for us each one better than the last. (be prepared to pack on the pounds as the food is delicious) my advise pack an extra pair of elasticated trousers:-) Okay so there have been comments on the planes however, we never found this a problem as there are only a couple daily and only last for about 15secs at most but this place is so beautiful and such a great place to spend some quality time you just dont seem to notice little things like this. In short Taj exotica is a well run beautifully kept resort with amazing staff, food, drink and sun what more could you ask.
Have fun i know we did.

Room Tip: Deluxe lagoon villa with plunge pool are very private.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank drumo1
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your second stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable experience in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,740 reviews

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!