“Aqua Paradise”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed December 26, 2013

we had visited this property in July this year and it was truly an experience worth mention. The clear water, the welcome by Taj Group and the care that they took through our entire trip was just fantabulous. The water sports, the food, the rooms were just too good. The Presidential suite which had a huge hammock was just where the attraction. Just want to go again now.

Room Tip: The Presidential Villa is the best
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your review. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Taj Exotica, 12/15-12/20. We stayed in one of the deluxe overwater bungalows with pool, and were not disappointed. Huge rooms, big bathrooms, and lovely 2 tiered deck overloking the Indian Ocean. From the moment we arrived, we felt like special guests at a family members home. The truly relaxed atmosphere and beautiful surroundings made this the best vacation we have yet taken. Our butler Adam made sure all of our needs were taken care of, even down to the type of fruit we wanted for breakfast, to stocking our mini bar with exactly what we asked for, to making spa and dinner reservations for us. We did not have to call him, we'd simply 'run into' him on our way to breakfast or the pool, and go over with him at that time. It really did feel like all of the staff knew what we wanted before we did!

For dinner, we did eat at the Deep End 4 of the 5 nights we were there, and would have gone even more as the menu has something for everyone, lots of choices, and even dishes you would want to have again. The quality of the food is absolutely 5+star. It is pricy, but we were there to enjoy, not watch the budget, and I recommend that you do the same. Lunch at the pool or at 24 Degrees was extensive as well, and very good quality, not a limited sandwich and fries menu you may get somewhere else.

We were happy to have the overwater room with pool, as this was a nice spot to ease into the day with a swim and sun, but we felt just as comfortable at the pool/beach, which never seemed to be crowded, just a few couples or families at any given time. Here you would also get exceptional service, from drinks to food to having chairs moved in or out of the sun. Kudos to Bilal for attending to our every need!

The Equator Bar is the best place to see sunset, on the deck or inside, with a drink and usually they had live music of some sort, which is nice. We were greeted by Bala on our first evening and had a lovely Dark Sangria there, and we saw him there and other places throughout our stay, thanks for taking care of us!

We could have showed up with just a backpack with suits and a couple of shirts and would have been fine. The rooms come equipped with robes, flip flops, sunscreen, all toiletries(Molten Brown), even a beach bag to carry this stuff! It truly was a unique experience and we hope to get back there despite the very long journey to get there.

Also the spa experience is as good as I have experienced as well, the other couple we traveled with went multiple times, I only had one treatment that was excellent.

The airplane noise is there, but did not bother us, as the quick boat trip from the airport seems to me a better payoff as we were on the beach 30 minutes after our plane arrived. I would recommend Dramamine for the boat ride in case of weather conditions. Our ride in was completely smooth, but ride out was pretty rough, so something to be aware of.

Overall, an unforgettable stay at a perfect property, only wish we could have done a few more days. Thanks again to all the staff who went out of their way to say goodbye to us on our last day, including the assistant GM, head chef at The Deep End, and staff at the Equator who almost would not let us leave(complimentary glass of champagne helps). We did feel special and thank all who took care of us!!

Room Tip: Even numbered Deluxe Lagoon Villas with Pool get morning sun, odd numbered get afternoon sun.
1  Thank Nick C

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review and kind words of praise. It gives us great pleasure in reading that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Adam, Bilal, Bala, Greg the Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage and the entire team at the resort who are also very happy to have received the same.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

All we can say is that our week on this island for our honeymoon was like a dream. Hamdi, Raj, Abdullah, Riyaz, Cindy, Robyn and everyone else were so friendly and helpful and we loved every single minute of our stay. It just seemed as if they had thought of everything from chilled water on the beach to a swing in the middle of the ocean! The food was spectacular, the menu unbelievably extensive and the service perfect. We would also recommend to anyone staying here to use the spa as the treatments are unique and the setting is exquisite. The diving with Abdullah was also so well run and such a great experience. And the best highlight was the private dinner on the ocean pavilion, a romantic experience that you will get nowhere else in the world!

Just a perfect week in paradise, thank you to everyone who made it a holiday we will never forget. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your lovely review. It gives us great pleasure in reading that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Hamdhi, Raj, Abdullah, Riyaz, Cindy, Robyn and the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another culinary journey and a memorable experience.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

It was our honeymoon there last week for 4 days, and I just can say, I impressed!! Everything in this little island is amazing. The lagoon is the largest among all the resort in maldives. The property is excellent. The food is really delicious and the hospitality of all its staff is absolutely will make you impressed. I can just grab snorkling equipment (which is provided by resort) and jump right from my overwater villa to the sea and it has a really clear water. I have to say that this place is one of the place that you have to visit in your life. It will give you an unforgettable experience. It's really captivating for us.

Room Tip: Over water villa with plunge/private pool is the best.
2  Thank Gamaliel12
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our resort especially our vast culinary offerings. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Taj for our honeymoon and could not fault it. As a honeymoon destination it was exactly what you are looking for picture perfect delicious food and guest services that a price can never match. We originally were disappointed in missing the room we wanted and ended up in a overwater villa close to the shore (room 115). From the time we landed we were so tired and after picking up our bags and finding the people to take us to the resort, the incredible service began. With a quick 20 minute trip the Island by Boat, we were immediately relaxed. The little details of the trip were all catered for before we knew we needed it.

RESORT: is set out perfectly on one of the best lagoons, fish everywhere and well groomed gardens with not a leaf out of place. The Island is beautiful facing east and west. Surrounded by white sand and reef. I have to say a huge “thank you” to the staff who went out of their way, not only for our honeymoon but also for my wife’s birthday. When we hopped off the boat the management were there to great us and made us instantly feel at home and very special.
We also loved the library and amount of water available to drink. Even if you choose a sun bed on the beach, someone from the resort will find you and provide towels, water and sometimes gelato.

Our butler and the pool staff were also provided service above and beyond what I expected. Great bars and live music.

ROOMS: as I said we had an over water villa close to the beach which was not what I was expecting. Being the cheaper option and all that was available it was more than enough. The quality of the beds and linen through to the toiletries were so nice it was hard to part from them. The room also had great access to the water and easy to swim off. The coffee machine and surround sound , air-con and one way glass are just some of the great features. The only negative is don’t get a room under 115 as the sound from the live music will be annoying.

RESTAURANT: We were also concerned that we could only eat at one place included in the package, but this was soon expelled. After arriving for dinner on the beach we were once again blown away. The food selection and was huge and of the highest quality, pretty much if you are looking for something in particularly, they will have it. All you can eat is amazing and worth trying something new every time. The only disappointing thing I didn’t agree with is charging for water, it is also good to note that if you pay for 5 nights and stay 7 night, the other 2 night are not covered by package. Saying this was more our agents fault as they said we had meals every night. The staff were very considerate! Go for the room service or fish cooked from fishing trip.

ACTIVITIES: I am very active and love to experience adventure. Another great feature of the resort is the free activities shark feeding, sailing, snorkeling , swimming and of course relaxing. We chose the day trip to local islands, which was great but beware the souvenirs are expensive. This trip was worth the money with multiple stop offs on other islands and snorkeling. The evening fishing trip was also great, allowing you to eat the catch the next night. Some of the water activities are expensive but if you haven’t done them before they can be fun.

Summing up, this is a fantastic and beautiful destination; the service is some of the best service I have experienced in the world. Seriously I can not wait to go back anything under 5 days is going to leave you seriously wanting more...

Room Tip: If you go a lagoon villa, request 115 or over. Be awear you will have to pay for water with dinner...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunnydayz4053
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon at our resort especially the food and service. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are happy to have received the same.

You would be pleased to know that very recently the Jiva Grande Spa won the ‘Favourite Hotel Spa Overseas’ in the recently concluded 3rd annual Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2013 and also the resort won the ‘Best in Asia and Pacific Award’ in the recently concluded Leading Hotels of the World Annual Convention which was held in New York USA.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable experience sometime soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The property is really beautifully. Their lagoon is the largest amongst all resorts in Maldives. The only drawback being they dont have house reefs. But, their are trying to grow as well as have snorkelling and diving trips 2-3 times in a day.

The coral garden where they take you is really beautiful. We saw loadsa fish and coloured corals and the Clown Fish (Nemo) as well.

The staff there is extremely welcoming and they will make all efforts to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. They have a butler for each room and he makes sure you have the best stay.

The food in the resort is amazing. And the chef makes you anything you want to have when you are away from home even if its not on the menu.

Their infinity pool is one of the best I have seen.

They have many activities to keep you busy like different water sports (staff at the dive centre is very friendly), Shark and Sting Ray Feeding, Dinners in different locations on the island (Ocean Pavilion being the best).

The rooms are beautiful and each one is unique in its own way(view from the rooms is beauitful). The amenities are excellent (Molton Brown being their toiletries brand).

The price is little steep but so is Maldives. You can ignore that fact considering the value you get out of the money spent.

We had gone there for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. They made our anniversary really special. They decorated our room, sent champagne and cake in the room and moreover most staff wished us in the morning (showing how well informed they keep their staff about their guests)

1  Thank SmritiBajajGupta

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your 1st Anniversary celebration at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another relaxing holiday.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This Hotel has one of the best experiences to offer for any get away trip. Private butler a call away, courteous staff, superb spa, great amenities in-room and in the resort. Being vegetarians, we sampled the tastiest food from Japanese to Mexican cuisine. Middle eastern and Asian food here is outstanding!

Room Tip: Take the Lagoon Villa with plunge pool!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our resort especially the food even as vegetarians. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are happy to have received the same.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
COMO Cocoa Island
COMO Cocoa Island
#1 of 1 in Cocoa Island

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!