We recently stayed at the Taj for our honeymoon and could not fault it. As a honeymoon destination it was exactly what you are looking for picture perfect delicious food and guest services that a price can never match. We originally were disappointed in missing the room we wanted and ended up in a overwater villa close to the shore (room 115). From the time we landed we were so tired and after picking up our bags and finding the people to take us to the resort, the incredible service began. With a quick 20 minute trip the Island by Boat, we were immediately relaxed. The little details of the trip were all catered for before we knew we needed it.
RESORT: is set out perfectly on one of the best lagoons, fish everywhere and well groomed gardens with not a leaf out of place. The Island is beautiful facing east and west. Surrounded by white sand and reef. I have to say a huge “thank you” to the staff who went out of their way, not only for our honeymoon but also for my wife’s birthday. When we hopped off the boat the management were there to great us and made us instantly feel at home and very special.
We also loved the library and amount of water available to drink. Even if you choose a sun bed on the beach, someone from the resort will find you and provide towels, water and sometimes gelato.
Our butler and the pool staff were also provided service above and beyond what I expected. Great bars and live music.
ROOMS: as I said we had an over water villa close to the beach which was not what I was expecting. Being the cheaper option and all that was available it was more than enough. The quality of the beds and linen through to the toiletries were so nice it was hard to part from them. The room also had great access to the water and easy to swim off. The coffee machine and surround sound , air-con and one way glass are just some of the great features. The only negative is don’t get a room under 115 as the sound from the live music will be annoying.
RESTAURANT: We were also concerned that we could only eat at one place included in the package, but this was soon expelled. After arriving for dinner on the beach we were once again blown away. The food selection and was huge and of the highest quality, pretty much if you are looking for something in particularly, they will have it. All you can eat is amazing and worth trying something new every time. The only disappointing thing I didn’t agree with is charging for water, it is also good to note that if you pay for 5 nights and stay 7 night, the other 2 night are not covered by package. Saying this was more our agents fault as they said we had meals every night. The staff were very considerate! Go for the room service or fish cooked from fishing trip.
ACTIVITIES: I am very active and love to experience adventure. Another great feature of the resort is the free activities shark feeding, sailing, snorkeling , swimming and of course relaxing. We chose the day trip to local islands, which was great but beware the souvenirs are expensive. This trip was worth the money with multiple stop offs on other islands and snorkeling. The evening fishing trip was also great, allowing you to eat the catch the next night. Some of the water activities are expensive but if you haven’t done them before they can be fun.
Summing up, this is a fantastic and beautiful destination; the service is some of the best service I have experienced in the world. Seriously I can not wait to go back anything under 5 days is going to leave you seriously wanting more...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the 'Three Coconut Island,' ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport. The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of ignature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive estination holiday. Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/Emboodhu Finolhu