“Class act in paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Class act in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Spent 3 magic nights there with my wife and son. Island is spotlessly clean and well maintained. Staff are attentive and friendly and note personal preferences in order to make us smile. Lovely little tucked-away corners with lounge chairs and chilled water and towels so you can always have privacy. Excellent breakfast with some of the best croissants ever and that is an accomplishment in a seaside environment. The 1 bedroom beachside villa was spectacular and literally 'on the beach'.

Can highly recommend this as a luxury resort that knows how to look after its guests and help them to recahrge and face the normal world after experienceing paradise 'Maldavian Style"...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FPS15
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback post your stay with us. The team and I are delighted to read that you and the family enjoyed your stay. It is feedback and encouragement such as yours that assists us in striving for higher standards of excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our slice of paradise for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Emerald, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have just returned from our second visit to Taj, and what a wonderful time we had. we could not have asked for a better welcome back, It was just incredible.! The resort is with out doubt the most cleanest and best maintained we have seen. The food is amazing, there was not a meal that was not a fantastic experience to eat. The Jiva spa is out of this world with their treatments and we had a very pleasurable time there a complete break from reality.
I suppose many resorts in the Maldives are similar given the location, but what puts Taj ahead of them all for us is the staff that work there, never have we found such helpful ,caring ,warm, considerate people . God willing we will get to experience this special place again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debbie_041961

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your second visit to our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the taj exotica Maldives for a total of four nights from 6th November till 10th November 2013,with another couple friend of ours.we would like to highlight a few lapses which quite belie the expectations from such a property
1.at the 24 restaurant we ordered green Thai curry with chicken.instead got one with vegetables.On pointing out to our server he started arguing with.on being asked for the restaurant manager Anthony was summoned,whom we had not set sight on for the earlier times.the server seemed totally oblivious and insensitive to the matter.
2.The previous night while our party of 6 was still in the middle of our meal at the same 24 restaurant , the staff started switching the candles off and generally giving the feel of wanting to close while it was only 11pm.
3.at the infinity pool I ordered the taj burger and specifically ordered no fried egg with it. But lo behold it came with it.but at least the server changed it without combat.
4.at the Jiva spa according to the printed program there was meditation at 6 on Saturday. However after reaching the spa I was told there is no meditation and I was misinformed.Feeling cuckoo I went back to my room and took the brochure back to the guy at the spa who said it got printed by mistake.
The point I'm trying to make is for a property like the exotica one does not expect such goof ups and even if there are the staff is supposed to be apologetic not defiant and ready to pick a fight.In addition the local Maldivian staff especially at the 24restaurant seem to be xenophobic towards Indians and very rude.Being an Indian brand we chose Taj but next time due to poor service standards shall go to Four Seasons or the W.All in all very poor customer service for the top dollars we spent.Very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Amrita D
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are extremely perturbed to read your review and I would like to sincerely apologize for the disappointment. As I was away from the island on a business trip, upon my return I have personally taken the matter up with our Food & Beverage Director and the Spa Manager, who along with our Training Manager have put into action an extensive re-training schedule for the associates to ensure that such errors do not occur in the future. All our guests from all parts of the world are equally important to us and I am sorry that you felt discriminated against by any of our associates. We have also spoken with the concerned associates and they have been counseled for the same.

As you must have read from the previous over 300 reviews Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is known for its culinary offerings and won many awards that establish the service as being one of the best in the world. However, once again please accept my apologies for the lapse in service and I would like to personally assure the same would not be repeated.

We hope to have a chance of welcoming you back at our island paradise to experience the true Taj hospitality.

Warm regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

amazing place on the largest lagoon in Maldives,i took the villa in the water and its amazing,the pool,the beach the food the service all are exceptional,i travelled to so many countries but you cant find this kind of water anywhere in the world,with close proximity to Male airport 20 mins speed boat it couldn't get any better

Room Tip: anything you pick will be perfect but i prefer the villa in teh water
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

World's most amazing place!! Couldn't imagine i'll have such an amazing honeymoon!
So, it's our first time to Maldives, we've been really anxious about it as we were trying to get the best value for what we've paid! The staff there are really really really friendly, they make you feel that you've never left home, wherever you go, you find smiles and greetings from the hotel staff..

Service is superb, eventhough they have breakfast menu, all day menu, and night menu, each within specific time, whenever we've asked for a dish from any menu they just prepare it!! They have the most amazing chefs there.. Food tastes AWESOME.. I cannot get the taste of the Caramel tart from my mouth till now lool.. Deep end restaurant is a very luxurious restaurant where you can eat your dinner and watch fishes at the same time ;) and you can also have your launch over the pool at the sunset... mmmm... that was really fun!

Our accomodation was BB, so we've had a free breakfast at the beach at the main rest. daily, knowing that you can order the whole menu and they'll be serving you happily!

Rooms are very clean and luxurious, lagoon villa are PERFECT for honeymooners! You'll feel like you are the only couple on the island! Housekeeping gets into your room everytime you leave it so that you always find it clean..

Honeymooners get Hour of FREE massage together! For 1 hour you'll be treated as royals, you'll be taking care of in a very nice way! Everything and everyone on that island will make you feel very special! Like you're the only couples or family there! It really worth each and every dollar we've paid!

Some reviews are saying that it's located near the airport so the sound of planes will be disturbing you.. well, I DIDN'T REALLY FEEL THAT! Planes sound were not that strong to disturb us.. The resort is located in the mpst amazing island, really.

Water sports, water sports, water sports!!! One word, FUNNN!!! Eventhough we've only tried funtubes but we've seen many other sports that we really was that close to go for it but we didn't have time..

Let me say that those were the best 6 days of my life, i was in Heaven not on an island! I don't think that we will be able to go to anywhere else when visitig Maldives again insha'Allah, we will definitly come back to the best resort ever!

Room Tip: Lagoon villas are more private and quite! Beach villas are perfect for families.. Go for odd numbere...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarahkhattab
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great joy to read your words of appreciation and praise. We are delighted to learn that your stay at our resort for your honeymoon was as wonderful as you had wished it to be. I have communicated your feedback to my entire team and they all are happy that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable experience.

Darjeeling, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

if u r looking for the best..u must be here, Service was excellent and rooms are well maintained. Our stay at the Taj was superb. The service, the staff, accommodations, food.. All top notch! We stayed at the Taj for 5 nights and we felt it was the perfect duration. We must say that the staff at the Taj really made it a priority to make their guest feel truly special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 221RAVI

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are delighted to read your lovely review post your stay in January 2013. I have shared your feedback and words of praise with the entire team who are very happy to have received such admiration.

We forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

So you've decided to travel the the Maldives? Excellent choice! There are so many different luxury resorts to chose from. It's definitely a life goal of mine to try all of the top resorts in the Maldives, but unfortunately I've only made it to the Taj Exotica. Fortunately, it was a fantastic week. Here are my favorite things about the resort and where it may stand out from the others:

- Everybody knows your name. It's almost eerie, from our first day, people we had never seen before referred to us by name. And those that didn't know our name on our first encounter never had to be told it again! It was like there was an underground communication infrastructure...
- Dedicated butler. We had a fantastic dedicated butler who we could call at any time to help with anything we needed from arranging activities and dinners to getting us emergency supplies we realized we'd forgotten. And she would often know where we were, popping up at breakfast or at the pool to check-in on the latest activity she was setting up for us. Again, the underground communication infrastructure...
- Male tour: since you are close to the capital, the resort arranges a local to take you on a three hour tour of the capital with time to stop for shopping. I found the prices in some of the touristy shops to be outrageous, but if you can get away from the planned shops and pick some of your own, you'll find some good deals.
-The food! The food was fantastic!!! They had huge menus with all different types of cuisine: Indian, Thai, European, Korean, etc. The two restaurants are about as picturesque as you can get: over a dock, on the beach. And if you want to have a meal in your villa (which is a pretty picturesque spot on its own), you pay the same price for food in the restaurant as you do for room service. So we used that more than once just to get drinks.

Interesting note: the resorts at the Maldives are the most isolated of any tropical resort destination that I've been to. This means that there are not many (or any) third party businesses that will provide tours and activities. Make sure you're happy with the activities (and prices) of the resort you are staying at!

I couldn't fit it all here, but if you want more info on the resort and our activities (diving, snorkling, sailing, spa, etc.) with even more pictures, check out my travel blog: http://sarahstrek.com/escaping-to-the-maldives-2/.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sarah F
Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your kind words of appreciation and praise. We are extremely happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same. We are also delighted to read that you have taken the time to update your blog about your stay with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,712 reviews

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!