“Wow! Wow! Wow!”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed October 22, 2013

There's a reason why Maldives hotels are so highly rated. No matter how many photographs you see of Maldives or Youtube videos you watch, you can never be prepared for the beauty of this amazing place. I don't think a Tahiti or a Bora Bora or Fiji would be able to provide for the same over turquoise water experience that Maldives provides.

Taj Exotica Maldives shines on several fronts.... warmth & hospitality is top of the line as is always with the Taj Group. Although I must admit that my benchmark is still the pampering I got at Taj Safaris (Pashan Garh), legendry!. The Lagoon is ridiculously beautiful and food is some of the best you can have in Maldives. Indian food was better than I get in India. Italian food was comparable if not better to leading international restaurant chains.... ate some mouth watering Pasta. You could request anything and the chef will be happy to cook it for you. Do note that they source the freshest produce from across the globe including proteins from Australia , Veggies from the Middle East etc. etc.

Everything in the resort is world class and amazingly plush. Molton Brown accessories, beds from Ploh, Singapore (Most comfortable beds I have ever slept in), Bose sound systems, world class wines & cigars.... Also they had some great water sports and activities and classy equipments, I could really go on & on.....

Sudarshan our Butler, Jameel our Housekeeper, Mr.Hari Subramaniam & their Chief Engineer whom we met over cocktails.... were heart meltingly warm...had some very enthralling conversations!.

Just too many things to rave about in an unforgettable 7 nights I spent there.

Maldives is expensive, period. But if you really want to unwind and get a slice of paradise ... go for it..... careful planning and timely bookings can surely make it more affordable. Three cheers for all the team of Taj Exotica. Hip Hip Hooray!

Room Tip: Beach villas are more spacious and more suitable to families. I you wanna spend some romantic time w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rajatgarg
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your kind words of appreciation and praise. We are extremely happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Sudarshan, Jameel, Mr. Hari Subramaniam, Chief Engineer - Lallan Singh and the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The resort staff are amazing, always at hand to help when needed. Rooms and resort in general really nice, only downsides are that close to make airport to airplane noise is heard often, beach contains a lot if crushed shells so not as pleasant to walk or play on. Apart from these all else is really good.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank M_Shah_7

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

I am joined by my team in thanking you for your review post your recent stay with us. We are all very happy to have received your comments and am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us in achieving higher standards of excellence in the future.

You would be happy to learn that our gardening team endeavours to constantly rake the sand at the beach to avoid any unpleasantness a guest might experience due to the natural process of broken shells getting washed off at the shore especially during high tides.

The resort's proximity to the capital city is one of the biggest advantage as we have access to fresh supplies on a daily basis. Also guests travelling through 2 or more different time zones can be in the comfort of their villa with their feet in the soft white sand within minutes of landing in Maldives and do not have to wait overnight at a hotel in Male or airport, should their flights arrive post 6 pm which is the case with resorts that have seaplane transfers as they do not fly post sunset.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I spent 2 nights at Taj Exotica over my 5 days in Maldives in mid September. After 1.5 month doing due diligence (by internet and asking people) on a few dozen of resorts islands in Maldives, I gave a "Go" to Taj because it gets high rank and rating by tripadvisor, touropia and worldtravelaward, and it would be the only resort among peers that we don't have to pay for transfer - me I'd prefer spending more for the room than for seaplane as I have enough flights to reach Maldives! In overall, Taj worth our expense! The resort, the lagoon, the sand and sky are breath-taking although it was monsoon and it was rainy sometimes in day and night when I was there. If your passion is Canon or Nikon, you will be busy all day taking photos: we get both jade green and blue water and sky depending on the sides of the resort and on moments in a day. Services are wonderful. I remember Maldeep, the housekeeping manager who I admire for her responsibility and integrity, and Farahat - a staff at 24Degree restaurant who is highly diligent, he remembered my appetite details right after my first dining there and could provide recommendation and served with best. Btw, the half and full board at 24 Degree restaurant is a-la-carte and the foods are delicious. One of my most favourite corner in Taj is the Yoga pavilion! If you practice yoga, you definitely will die for a place like that! I attended the yoga and meditation session which were complimentary. The body massage is at ok level.
About the noise caused by passing-by airplanes as some ones highlighted, yes sometimes we hear a bit but not that much, I don't feel bothered at all actually.
Picking up service is good on the lag resort - airport. However on the first lag, I (and 2 other guests) had to wait more than 1 hour (when it was rainy and strongly windy day!), including 15 mins at Male where they picked me up, and then at the airport where they picked up some other guests. I already discussed this issue with resort staff, that they could make better plan and reduce the waiting-time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review post your short albeit enjoyable stay at our resort. I have shared your comments with Mandeep, Farhad, Mansi our Yoga teacher and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same. It gives us great pleasure to read that you could take many wonderful pictures of our beautiful lagoon and the turquoise blue water.

Usually for guests availing combined return speedboat transfers, we club the transfers as closely as possible with guests' flight times to keep the wait at the airport minimal. However, we do apologize that you had to wait longer and would like to ensure you that the same would not happen in future.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have just visited Taj Exotica, Maldives for my birthday. It is indeed having one of the best services and the island is wonderful. it's our first time at Maldives and they have set a very high standard for us. Their services have exceeded our expectation. It is their staff that made the great difference. They have great people who could answer to your queries; just ask for anything and they will make it happen. The room that we stayed in, was a lagoon villa with plunge pool. The room is so cool. With many many thoughtful arrangements that touch our hearts. Just be prepared to be surprised.They had arranged a complementary cake as surprise. The food is so good.... The had not compromised in anything... Every thing is just perfect. It has amazing ocean view too. Luxurious lifestyle, and every other things are wonderful! Their JIVA spa is a must-try. Thanks to Taj for making our holiday so special and we would love to go again sometime later!

Thanks to waheed our butler and all the staff......

Highly recommended for those who want to go Maldives!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dtalwar86
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review post your recent stay at the resort. It gives us great pleasure to read that your birthday celebration at our resort was made special. I have shared your feedback with Waheed your butler and the entire team who are all very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable birthday celebration.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Taj Exotica and the Maldives is everything the brochures say and more - pure excellence, elegance and quality. The surroundings are bliss - warm ocean water, so clear it's like swimming in a glass of water. The lagoon is just stunning and even at high tide it is only waist deep. What complements the environment beautifully are the most incredible staff you'll come across (Raj, Mui and Cindy, everyone at 24 Degrees and the pool bar etc) - we've travelled the globe and the staff here are up there with the very best of any hotel or resort we've stayed at. Nothing is too much trouble - they remember your name, and even what kind of milk you like with different foods. For my husband's birthday they suprised him in our room with a drawn bath full of rose petals and a birthday cake to die for. They are just the warmest loveliest people. The food is fantastic too. The room and plunge pools lovely and with total privacy. The spa is heavenly and they move appointments around to get you in. Suprisingly the weather is volatile - may have been the time of year we were there - one hour it's heaven, the next it's stormy. But that shouldn't put you off. It's very casual too which is part of the luxury. Also loved that they totally cater for vegetarians and all diets. Pure heaven - would absolutely recommend the Taj Exotica without hesitation!

Room Tip: We had the lagoon villa room with plunge pool and butler. Gives you amazing privacy and are very qu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn W
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review post your recent stay at the resort. I have shared your feedback with Raj, Mui, Cindy and the entire team and they are all very happy to have received the same. It also gives us pleasure in reading that there were enough choices for vegetarians such as yourselves and you could enjoy the culinary offerings at the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day 4 night stay at Taj Exotica and it was amazing!

We stayed in a lagoon villa. Room was clean and well equipped with branded toiletries. Towels were replaced every morning and every night during turn down service. Airconditioning worked very well. They had many TV channels but the sound was bad...I had to up the volume close to maximum and yet I still couldnt make out the sounds still.

Food at 24 Degrees was good. Chefs were flexible with the customization of the food. They have a special theme almost everyday with some special dishes. We did a private dining at the ocean pavilion where they served food from the fine dining restaurant Deep End. Definitely worth a try. The food was delicious! I have to commend Cindy, Raj and Min at 24 degrees for the excellent service rendered. They were professional and very knowledgable.

Snorkelling is a must try too. It was one of the highlights of our visit, being able to swim among the marine life. The staff made us feel very at eased in the waters.

The staff are the jewel of the property. I never came across any staff that did not greet me with a smile. Some even knew my name. And somehow I just feel the staff are genuinely happy to be working there which is so rare in today's time. Most of them worked 6 days and rest 1 day which to me is like OMG but to them, it's like perfectly fine cos to them, its not really a job.

The only 2 grouses I have is the WIFI and Spa. Wifi is chargeable there either in blocks of half hours or you could opt for whole day wifi at USD20++ per day. I personally feel its absurd I have to pay for wifi in a 5 star establishment. Most often than not, its made complimentary for guests. Moreover, being in a resort, you sort of expect your guests to be chilling and relaxing 3/4 of the time within the resort hence wifi is of even greater importance.

JIVA Spa: A 120mins massage starts at USD300++. Yes, JIVA spa is well known for being one of the top notch spas but I honestly think it's overpriced. Even if you are willing to pay for it, be prepared as they are almost perpetually full and I was told guests book their appts way in advance before their arrival. They have a daily offer of the day which is hardly applicable since half the time the spa is full.

I was reading the previous review of Mr Franco celebrating his birthday and being treated to those little luxuries by the staff. I celebrated my birthday there too on my trip but all I got was a cake. No nicely decorated room, no champagne nor balloons, nothing fancy. Don't know why the difference in treatment. Could be the difference in age or grade of room booked at the beginning?

All in all, Taj Exotica is still worth a stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SFMQ
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your review following your stay in October 2013. I have shared your feedback with Cindy, Raj, Matheen and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

We have noted your feedback regarding the sound of the television which you would be happy to know has already been rectified.

As a procedure we do place a complimentary bottle of champagne and birthday cake for our guests whose birthday falls during their stay with us. I do apologize on behalf of the team for not placing the champagne in your villa and have taken the matter up with our Butler Operations Manager to ensure the same is not repeated in future.

The WIFI connection at the resort, is currently a third party service, we will however definitely raise your feedback to our Corporate Office. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa being part of a chain of hotels, this decision will be implemented companywide to ensure consistency across all Taj hotels, resorts across the world.

We would like to once again thank you for your valuable feedback and hope to have another opportunity to welcoming you back at our island paradise for a memorable holiday and wonderful birthday celebration.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to this resort on a non peak season from India. It was awesome experience and enjoyed the renowned taj hospitality. We were greeted ever since we set foot on the island we were welcomed warmly and treated really well. We didnt have much choice in the villa as it was fully booked but we got lucky and had a nice place.

1. One key thing is prices are very expensive.. budget atleast 200 bucks a day.
2. Research on what you want to do. We were content to spend time in the resort and walk on the beach. One day we took a 4 hr trip to Male island but not much to see there. We just got some supplies and other things from there.
3. Awesome indian food :-)
4. We took a spa package and was very refreshing. The sun set from the place was really nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viswa S

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are delighted to read your review following your recent stay with us. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the Taj Hospitality especially the Indian food and relaxing massages at the Jiva Grande Spa. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
COMO Cocoa Island
COMO Cocoa Island
#1 of 1 in Cocoa Island

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!