After a 15 minute speed boat ride, we (my husband and I) arrive on to this tiny island and as soon as we set foot we heard the drum roll (well, its local musicians playing to welcome the guests). Following the drum roll (yes, I felt that way, so I am gonna call it that) we were addressed by our names and ushered into the hotel lobby. But that’s not before making us feel slightly celebrity ish with all the welcome photos that the hotel staff took. After being pampered we were taken into our deluxe lagoon villa by our very own butler, who btw is at your service at the flick of your finger.
The villa is small and cozy and the experience of waking up to vast expanse of the Indian ocean within the reach of your hand is just breathtaking. Our patio consisted of a very personal private infinity pool day beds, sun loungers and a ladder that led us directly into the lagoon.
I am sure all of you here can get more technical details on the rooms and facilities from websites and forums, but here is my two bit on what we felt.
It felt special to be at the Taj exotica!! It’s the small things like being addressed by our names, the presence of hammocks and swings across the property, the value placed on our privacy, the sung surrounding that is created by the restaurant and bar, the speed boat ride that was scheduled at an odd hour just for us after 5 hours of our official check out with no fuss and no cost, the presence of an in-house photographer who takes scores of couple portraits and hands them to you at cost (this is not cheap, but ladies get your gowns and your make up. The memories and sceneries are worth being digitized) … all in all the human touch that was involved in every experience.
Maldives is a paradise and most hotels would provide more less the same kind of rooms, surroundings and the same ocean. So it’s the above said human touches that make a difference and only Taj did!! unlike the other resort we stayed during the same trip. In this other resort we stayed at a fantastic ocean suite but did I feel special?? did I feel heavenly?? Not really.
The country is a paradise for sure… but we felt our heaven here at Taj Exotica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the 'Three Coconut Island,' ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport. The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of ignature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive estination holiday. Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/Emboodhu Finolhu