“FOOD FOOD FOOD, oh yah, and it was BEAUTIFUL”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Maldives are beautiful, there is no way around it. A hammock on the beach on any of these islands and I think most people would be happy, so the hotels already have an advantage. Really it should be their goal to not detract from your holiday, ie not mess up or meet the minimum standards. Sadly to say lots of destination hotels follow this formula, but the Taj Exotica is certainly not one of them.

Let me say that the F&B program, and it really is a program at this resort, is possibly the best in the world for a resort. I do not say that lightly. In the middle of the Indian ocean we feasted like kings on food as varied as Mexican, wood fired pizzas, sushi, Indian food, Maldivian food, classic and modern French, not to mention some great all around mediterranean food and a breakfast menu that was something like 12 pages long.

For a resort that only has 60 villas, this place went over the top to make sure that EVERY taste is catered for, and not just by putting it on the menu, but by nailing it. Just really, really stellar food. I was in shock at how good the food was.

The property itself was incredible, with a huge lagoon and endless places to sit in private and soak in the Maldives. Close-by was fantastic snorkeling and diving, which doesn't always go hand in hand with large lagoons, but was in abundance here. The only downside to the resort really is that eventually you have to leave.

I am a Taj convert. I must say I will make it a point to try another one of their hotels or resorts somewhere else because this really blew me away.

Keep it up Taj! and thank you for an amazing honeymoon!!!

Room Tip: The villas on stilts over the water are great, but not as private as the beach villas. I would pers...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your glowing review following your recent stay with us. We are delighted that our Culinary team has impressed and pampered you with their culinary repertoire. I have shared your feedback to the entire team and I am certain this will serve as a source of inspiration for us in achieving higher standards of excellence.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise in the not too distant future for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

There are newer reviews for Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The resort is extremely beautiful in terms of the villas, its surroundings and its ambience. This is a must visit place. The staff is very friendly and is ever helping without making a face. They cater to your every need and in quick time to. There is nothing negative about this place at all.

Room Tip: The on the water villa is really good. I stayed in room 420. Fabulous and amazing viewes.

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your lovely review following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and our team took very well care of you during your stay. I have shared your feedback to the entire team and they too are very happy to have received the same.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was our first Maldives holiday. Obviously before I go I was thinking that' there are similar places
in my country and there is no need to go to place like that. But when I arrived, I realised that it was different, the weather was perfect, it wasn't cool, it wasn't too hot and the sea temperature was perfect. The creatures in this ocean were amazing. And let's come to the hotel. Obviously I am a world traveller and have stayed in lot's of luxury hotels in different parts of the world. And even we didn't stayed in the most expensive room, but it was the best room I ever stayed. The service was also perfect, the staff was so kind and friendly. The only thing which was week in the hotel was the foods, was so expensive and also in all the restaurants they were serving very similar menu. I wrote this to management and they came back to me very nicely and promised that they will look after that and at our next trip we will find different menus. So I suggest you to go there.:)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your lovely review following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback to the entire team at the resort and they too are happy to have received the same.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I are experienced Maldives travelers and can say with the hand in our hearts that Taj is a great property to visit - i have always been a big fan of the water villas but Taj has one of the nicest beach villas i have seen so far - spacious literally in the water and combines luxury with the true Maldivian style which i can say many hotels have forgotten about
the Lagoon around the resort is probably one of the top 3 best in the Maldives so as the fine Dining restaurant deep end - It deserves more than 5 starts - Although our stay was of 3 days only it was hard to leave the resort - the Staff made every single moment truly special and we will highlight recommend to friends

Room Tip: Try the one bedroom beach villa
1  Thank cecidxb
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us great pleasure to read that you loved your stay at our resort and enjoyed swim in one of the largest lagoons in the whole of Maldives from the privacy of your very own beach villa. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another relaxing holiday.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I loved this hotel and will definetely consider re-visiting it if I ever get a second chance to visit the Maldives. Where to begin...Excellent customized butler service, Amazing delicious restaurants; (first time I try a sit-down breakfast usually hotels have buffet style but this hotel's style proved to be superb.) Excellent privacy in the deluxe lagoon villa I tried. Beautiful and clean rooms. Fishes and other water life visible eveywhere I walked. I visited W Retreat at Maldives and this hotel was very comparable in many aspects but much more cheaper, better value for money. (For Muslims, they have a mosque on the resort and even friday prayers are performed). I miss this place and wish to re-visit again.

Room Tip: Deluxe lagoon villa - lagoon view with pool; amazing experience
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us great pleasure in reading your glowing review of our resort post your recent stay with us. We are glad that the team could pamper you to make you feel like King and Queen. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable holiday with us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place is just superb in every way imaginable. We stayed over new year and it was really really special. The service was impeccable- our Butler, Mohammed deserves special mention. The food at all the restaurants was excellent. The spa is one of the best we have been to. The diving was obviously excellent. We felt very welcome from the moment we stepped onto the island and didnt want to leave when the time came. One little highlight that should be mentioned is the pillow menu- the height of luxury. Highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ALice H
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us great pleasure to read that you loved your stay at our resort and particularly enjoyed the various pillows on offer in the villa. I have shared your feedback with Mohammed your butler and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

lovely hotel ...amazing food and the service deserves an additional "Star " felt right at home with the friendly service , the band in the evenings , the sunsets .

a lot of privacy all over the hotel really one of the best destinations and hotels we have travelled to. from arrival to departure every thing is taken care of with immaculate service . there is really nothing i can add to make them better but a suggestion for a kids play area/day care center so that the parents can soak in the romance :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shaziazeb
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review post your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

You would be happy to know that whenever we have kids in-house the Guest Relations team does organize kids activities to keep the little ones occupied while the elders can relax.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another relaxing holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Gili Lankanfushi
Gili Lankanfushi
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!