The Maldives are beautiful, there is no way around it. A hammock on the beach on any of these islands and I think most people would be happy, so the hotels already have an advantage. Really it should be their goal to not detract from your holiday, ie not mess up or meet the minimum standards. Sadly to say lots of destination hotels follow this formula, but the Taj Exotica is certainly not one of them.
Let me say that the F&B program, and it really is a program at this resort, is possibly the best in the world for a resort. I do not say that lightly. In the middle of the Indian ocean we feasted like kings on food as varied as Mexican, wood fired pizzas, sushi, Indian food, Maldivian food, classic and modern French, not to mention some great all around mediterranean food and a breakfast menu that was something like 12 pages long.
For a resort that only has 60 villas, this place went over the top to make sure that EVERY taste is catered for, and not just by putting it on the menu, but by nailing it. Just really, really stellar food. I was in shock at how good the food was.
The property itself was incredible, with a huge lagoon and endless places to sit in private and soak in the Maldives. Close-by was fantastic snorkeling and diving, which doesn't always go hand in hand with large lagoons, but was in abundance here. The only downside to the resort really is that eventually you have to leave.
I am a Taj convert. I must say I will make it a point to try another one of their hotels or resorts somewhere else because this really blew me away.
Keep it up Taj! and thank you for an amazing honeymoon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the 'Three Coconut Island,' ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport. The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of ignature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive estination holiday. Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, DerbySoftTaj, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/Emboodhu Finolhu