“World Class Service & Resort”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have been to Maldives for the first time and first time stayed at Taj Group of resorts.It was our 8th Aniiversary on 6th March and we deided to celebrate it by staying at Maldives.From the moment we arrived & till the time we left the service was world class.All the staff/people were very very nice and helpful.Thanks to ADI our butler who gave us very good service.Thanks to the chef who made indian type curry food specially for us as per our requirement.We took movie cd on rent and to our surprise by the time we reached our villa..a bowl of pop-corn and soft drink was already there on the table.On anniversary day they surprise us by a complimetary cake and champagne and floral bed flower decoration.Meeting Mr.Ranjit personally was our luck.definately would recommened to others and would like to come once again.Beautiful Water Villa,Beautiful Beach & Resort & Romantic place.Enjoyed a lot with lots of lovely memories.from Ritesh Doshi,Mumbai,India.

Room Tip: Water Villas are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Mr. Doshi,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Adi, our Executive Chef-- Sheroy and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another relaxing holiday.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The location is one of the most beautiful I have ever been.The rooms are charming and very comfortable and the service is simply perfect, food at the restaurants are great, environment relaxing and romantic.Besides all of this, what impressed me more was the sincere smile in the employees faces, they were always ready to help and when you asked for something, they seemed to become happier and more satisfied for helping you. I´ll recommend for all of my friends.

Room Tip: For couples I recommend the lagoon villas and for families, the beach villas are the best option.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We would like to thank you taking the time to post an amazing review post your recent stay at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received your words of appreciation. I am certain that this will assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence in future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Having been to the Maldives a number of times, my wife and I wanted to go to one of the more established 5* resorts and we were not at all disappointed during our 9 Nights stay at this resort.

From the moment we arrived (20 Minutes via Speedboat), we knew we'd arrived at a 5* premium resort. I believe attention to detail is the key to true 5* property and Taj Exotica never failed to fall in this category.

We stayed in a Deluxe Lagoon Villa with a Pool (our travel agent managed to get us a fantastic deal for Half Board Option).

These Villa's are all in one sector of the island however far enough apart from each other to get that privacy. There was no way of anyone in the villa next to you to see or hear you (a problem we've had when staying in other resorts).

Before travelling we read a number of reviews on here about the noise from the plane's flying over the resort, but this surprisingly was not an issue. We only noticed the plane's a couple of times during the total 9 nights stay.

The food at the Taj was impeccable. What was very impressive is that this was the first Maldivian resort that we've been to without the breakfast being a buffet, so we ordered from a fantastic large selection of freshly cooked food made to order.

I initially had concern's about there being a small number of restaurant's (as both my wife and I are real fine dining foodies) but the 24 Degree's restaurant was fantastic. There was pages of pages the largest selection of different cuisines on the menu and we so we tried a different cuisine every night.

We booked our holiday with "Simply Maldives" and were extremely pleased with both their prices and service.

Overall if you're looking for a proper 5* Maldivian Resort, with fantastic dining options, great service and a speedboat transfer, you really can't go wrong with Taj Exotica.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Deluxe Lagoon Villa's with a Pool
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review post your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Taj Exotica Maldives is the essence of true luxury. From the moment you step off the plane you are transported to a different world. A representative will be waiting for you, where you will be quickly transported (15 minutes by boat) to a wonderful, beautiful island paradise. We stayed at the Lagoon Villas which are overwater. The furnishings in the rooms are second to none. The deck of the Lagoon Villas overlooks the pristine, clear blue water of the lagoon. From the deck, one can easily enter the lagoon and either snorkel or relax in the warm, bath-like temperatures of the lagoon. You have a personal butler who will attend to your any need during the stay. However, all of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The housekeeping service has an attention to detail that is second to none. For example, I was reading a book that was lying flat on our deck table. After our room was made up, there was a bookmark on the exact page that I had left off at. The nightly turn down service included a personal hand wrapped dessert. The grounds of the hotel are pristine and are manicured to perfection daily. The food at the resort was spectacular. There was a wide variety of options for dining-western options vs Asian vs Indian. The food was high quality and consistently excellent. The morning breakfast on the beach was an amazing way to start the day. The work out facility had plenty of options, was over the lagoon, and the staff always made sure you had a bottle of water and a fresh towel. We thoroughly enjoyed the swing that was set up in the middle lagoon. It was a great way to relax and take in the beautiful scenery. Overall, the Taj Exotica Maldives surpassed our expectations. If you are looking for a wonderful resort in the Maldives, look no further then the Taj Exotica. We can only hope to come back some day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Taj Exotica Maldives. Reason I chose this hotel was a promise I made to some Taj staff in Bangalore Taj Vivanta. I'm glad that Taj has lived up to its service quality and i can vouch that this is one of the rare times where i find hotel food just simply amazing. I stayed at one of the beach villas with private pool and an amazing sunset view, Simply fabulous view. Staff were helpful and available anytime you need assistance. The dive shop was well prepared and professionally managed, the sports center was well equipped with water sports facilities and very safety conscious.
Even the rooms have additional life jackets and life bouys. I just didnt feel like leaving the resort.

The downside...everything in Maldives is charged in USD !!! so just close one eye and shut the other and imagine its equavalent to the home currencyand spend !!!

but it was money well spent and worth every cent especially when you stay in a resort like Taj Exotica Maldives

Room Tip: Book in advance as Taj Exotica is very popular. Also there are 2 Taj Hotels in Maldives so I would r...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joey k
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

It gives us great pleasure to read your wonderful review post your recent visit to our resort. We also loved looking at the lovely pictures shared by you for everyone to see. I have shared your feedback with the entire team who are very happy to have received the same.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your appreciation and we look forward to welcoming back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have just returned home from this hotel. We were there as part of a conference so the food was served slightly differently to how it usually is (for obvious reasons) but was absolutely gorgeous, if I could cook vegetables in the way the chefs there did I am sure I would eat a lot more. Every dish I tasted was to die for!!! Our room was lovely and one night we returned home to find a drawn bath with rose petals floating.
The staff were amazing, every single one of them passed the time of day with you as you passed. The pool staff were FAB, they knew what we wanted before we did even down to a friend who had been given bad news and was quietly upset, very discretely a box of tissues appeared. My dry cleaning appeared back looking newer than when I had bought it and was beautifully delivered complete with red rose
The only thing that I would question is that in a hotel of this quality, why would they charge for
wifi???
I've been lucky enough to go to some lovely hotels over the years but I have to say that this one has to be top of the table. Quite frankly words cannot describe the whole experience, it is so wonderful from start to finish.
Can't comment on value as we were part of a conference party

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Suzi_40
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

It gives us great pleasure to read kind words of appreciation post your recent stay at our resort. I have communicated your positive feedback to the entire team at the resort and they are touched to have received the same.

The WIFI connection at the resort, is currently a third party service, we’ll however definitely raise your feedback to our Corporate Office. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa being part of a chain of hotels, this decision will be implemented companywide to ensure consistency across all Taj hotels, resorts across the world.

We would like to share with you that we do provide one hour complimentary Internet for our guests at the Library.

Once again thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Taj, Maldives for our honeymoon in Feb and stayed in the villa over the water. It was such totally once in lifetime experience watching beautiful sea life right from your back porch while sipping on a perfect wine :)
Its THE destination if you are planning a romantic getaway. amazing hospitality, great variety of food.
We also did sunset cruise and got lucky to watch some dolphins...!!! Don miss that

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your experience at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!