“The perfect spot for rest and relaxation”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Looking for a 4 night getaway with my partner to unwind, the Taj Exotica certainly hit the spot. From the moment you arrive at the airport to the moment you leave, the Taj Exotica staff make the whole process seamless. Your bags are taken to the boat where its a 15 minute trip to a little slice of heaven (and when you leave, your bags are taken all the way to the airport check-in counter!). Greeting you on arrival is a glass of sparkling and friendly staff who take you away in a golf cart to your bungalow. The bungalows are very welcoming with great views over the water, a comfortable bed, a fantastic deck pool (for those opting for the deluxe pool villa), and an incredible bath and shower. The water is incredible with great snorkeling anywhere you jump in. The food was surprisingly good for an island in the middle of nowhere (and that's coming from someone who places a high emphasis on food). The teppanyaki restaurant was well worth a visit. Food is definitely on the expensive side but this is simply par for course across all the quality resorts in the Maldives, and despite its price you definitely get generous portions, good quality food, and amazing taste - making it decent value for money. The staff were all very friendly and the island is kept in an immaculate condition. The evening shark and stingray feeding is well worth checking out. The only slight negative I can come up with is that the island is near the flight path (depending on the wind direction) and you do see the occasional plane overhead but that would be similar for many resorts and it really does not deter from the incredible experience. You won't regret a decision to go!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are delighted to have received your wonderful review especially your praises about our cuisine and culinary offerings. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef Sheroy Kermani and the entire team at the resort who are very pleased to have learnt that we were able to satisfy a food lover like yourself. I am certain your feedback would assist in striving harder to achieve higher standards of excellence in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our slice of paradise for another retreat especially for your taste buds.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed recently in taj, and it leaves you with desire to come back fir more...carefully designed rooms with every single detail you could think of,also you are assigned your own butler which takes care of all your needs during the stay, great food choices,location is unbeatable, and most important of all the staff were great,salah,maui,hussain,aslam..forget me if i forgot others,these people made it an unforgeatable holiday..will go back anytime!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Shoujaa

Greetings from Maldives.

It gives me great pleasure to read your review post your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Salah, Mueena, Hussain, Aslam and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another unforgettable holiday sometime soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Do yourself a kind favour, get off the plane and board the boat to Taj Exotica. From the moment you are warmly greeted at the airport, taken on the sharpest jet-boat transfer across turquoise waters, effortlessly checked into your villa - be it lagoon or beachfront, then served food to your hearts content (and then a bit more), immersed in waters the colour beyond crystal . . . you have to ask yourself time and time again if you haven't died and gone to heaven. Forget the superlatives, forget every other resort, forget your day job - you can sit back and just forget it all. The natural surroundings, the peace, the seamless motion of the resort working to precision, the tour-de-force meals, the genuine smiles & assistance of the staff - a special mention to Raj and Riyaz in Dining and Adi our Butler along with Manu, Head of Butler Services - all helped make our stay just sublime. Mr Ranjit Phillipose - you are to be commended for providing such outstanding beauty. We were stunned into silence.

Room Tip: Try the overwater deluxe plungepool bungalows north facing for the special morning light through the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne C
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

The entire team joins me in thanking you for your superlative review post your recent stay with us. I have shared your kind words of praise with the Adi, Raj, Riyaz, Manu and the entire team at the resort. I am certain that words such as yours will assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another relaxing holiday away from the worries of the world.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My review is a little late, maybe three years late, but reading other peoples reviews make me want to add how amazing the resort is. We have been there 3 times, first time as a couple, returning the second time with my wife's mum after hearing how wonderful the resort was.The third time was for my 40th Birthday in a group of 5. Each time more memorable than the other.

Everything is so perfect from when you are picked up at the airport to the day you leave, perfection is all you experience. As my wife and i are both foodies the two restaurant spoil you for choice of options and is top quality. As we don't like buffet breakfasts Taj Exotica has an amazing Al a carte menu and to top it off served on the beach under the trees.

We have stayed in the Lagoon villas and are very spacious and the Molton Brown amenities are our favorites. The butler service was a nice touch and handled every request without hesitation. As it was my 40th, on returning to the villa after dinner we found it all dressed up with balloons, champagne and rose petals all over the bed. Not to forget the hot bath with rose petals.

The Taj Exotica service is better than the 5 stars it has, and would recommend it to anyone, thats why we are returning this year for the 4th time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Solitafrank

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and returned with your family and friends. I have shared your positive feedback with the entire team at the resort who too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at Taj Exotica Resort and Spa in the 3rd week of March 2013. It was a fantastic holiday. Everything was just perfect in a highly luxurious style. Right starting from Airport, we were warmly greeted by the Airport Representative. Boat ride to the resort was nice and crew ensured the safety part till we reach resort.

On arrival, we were amazed to see warm welcome in a Traditional (Maldivian) style - playing Drums on the arrival jetty.

Resort is a private and beautiful island that offers the best place to relax with full of privacy and tranquility. Beaches with white sands are very clean. Many times we spotted island cleaners cleaning the beaches. They are really doing a great job to maintain the beauty of the island. We enjoyed snorkeling in the turquoise lagoon. We could see many colorful fishes in crystal clear lagoon.

We stayed in Deluxe Lagoon Villa with Plunge Pool. The room is spacious, absolutely superb and its setting was breathtaking. The rooms are very well maintained. We had easy and direct access to the lagoon and I really enjoyed private plunge pool.

Our Butler - Mr. Waheed was very friendly and attentive. He ensured we are comfortable and made our stay memorable. We were very happy with the check in process as it was the fastest process. The room was ready prior to our arrival and we were escorted via buggy. We would like to appreciate housekeeping Room boy to keep the room neat and tidy.

Also, food wise – 24 Degrees Restaurant was very good. Breakfast buffet had plenty of choices with fresh fruits, juices and wide range of breads etc. Lunch and Dinner menu offered wide range of menus as well. There was good a la carte and special set menu. Food quality was excellent and we really enjoyed food and fresh juices. F&B Team were prompt to serve us, take orders and deliver food on time. We never had to wait for food for long. We were amazed with the quick service by both kitchen and F&B team.

Bar had wide collection of liquors, wine, spirits etc. It is located next to lobby and was glorious to sit in the bar overlooking the lagoon whilst the herons wandered along the water’s edge. The bands that played at the bar were good too. Special thanks to Suresh to serve us.

At night, blue lights under the jetty, falling on the lagoon looks awesome. Though we didn’t try the spa treatment, we were happy to see the treatment rooms. Special thanks to Sweta and Kiho.

Hospitality is unmatched. Hotel staffs are excellent, professional and very friendly. It was lovely to be greeted by name with smile on the face. They are proactive and were always on their toes to serve us. They added their personal and special touch to provide excellent service in all areas.

We also enjoyed watching Fish feeding at the water side. It was incredible to see the massive stingrays and sharks. We really enjoyed to see stingray and capture underwater videos.

Every staff made our stay memorable. Thank you to all staff, especially to Suresh, Mr. Hari, Prakash, Kamal, Waheed, Sweta, Kiho, Ajay and also … Stingrays :)

In summary, it was a fantastic holiday in a highly luxurious style and truly an unforgettable experience. Thank you very much ...

Room Tip: For Couples - Go for Deluxe lagoon villa with plunge pool as it offers privacy + private poolFor For...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vishal K

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review post your recent stay at our resort. I have shared your feedback with Waheed, Suresh, Sweta, Kiho, Prakash, Kamal, Ajay, Mr. Hari and the entire team at the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Taj Exotica, Maldives is out of this world. When one steps onto this island that is what one feels. Besides the fact that everything about this hotel ,its location, its restaurants,the service are out of this world.

In spite of not being too fond of beaches,I was charmed by this place. I felt totally at peace , stress and worries just cannot be a part of this paradise. The colour of the water difficult to find elsewhere,from the deepest blue to the lightest aqua.

The people are friendly and ever ready to help without being intrusive. Food in all the restaurants is amazing ,starting with breakfast which has a huge variety and can go on for hours at a leisurely pace while enjoying the beautiful view.

Definitely a place one would want to return to.

Room Tip: the stilt houses are secluded and ideal for couples while the cottages on the beach would be good fo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zainab00
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review post your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable experience.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Taj Exotica for 7 days 6 nights for our honeymoon in November 2012 and it was heaven on earth! It was so hard to leave such paradise. The whole island is about a 15 minute walk and only has two main restaurants (the only downfall!) however the food was delicious! The breakfast was our favorite meal of the day! The Taj doesn't have buffet breakfast - rather a la carte of different breakfasts from around the world. The breakfast also came with daily servings of different jams, bread and drinks. Everything was completely delicious!!! I am still dreaming of my breakfast meals - especially the cottage cheese pancakes! Please give me the recipe! The rooms were perfectly sized and came supplied with Molton Brown products. The open shower with the gorgeous water view was amazing!!! The Taj spa was very relaxing and great - they know what they're doing!! OMG the private dining is something EVERYONE MUST DO! Out in the ocean - alone - grilling. It was the most romantic dinner I have ever had. Our butler is such a great man!! we left Taj Exotica with a new friend! The villa shakes at night because of the waves but that's expected. The service at Taj was beyond extraordinary; everyone went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. The beaches were beyond beautiful, water bottles were provided on the beach and so were telephones in case we needed a buggy to pick us up and take us back to our villa.

I cannot wait to go back there 10 years from now!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they are elated to have received the same.

Though we have two restaurants serving dinner, the culinary team presents a varied menu of different kinds of cuisines from around the world as so rightly pointed out by you. We also have Teppanyaki counter within the 24 Degrees which is interactive cooking over iron girdle and a completely different experience. Also the island has many spots one of which is Ocean Pavilion where a couple can choose to dine and the team can create the most amazing atmosphere for romantic dining.

Once again thank you for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise hopefully before ten years for another memorable experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Gili Lankanfushi
Gili Lankanfushi
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!