“The ultimate romantic getaway”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nothing else but excellent comments! We received a heartwarming welcoming by the Manager and his staff. Ruby drove us to our room in a golf car. She was very nice and explained the resort very well. Hussein, our butler took over from her when we reached the room and explained us the functionalities of the room. He did an excellent job too. The room is the best we ever experienced, Lagoon suite. A hall, a kitchen, a living area with magnificent lagoon view, the bed room with same view; a dressing and a bath room. But the best of all was the pool, not a small plunge pool, but almost a real pool and the small sand beach, all on the terrace with this great view. The food is excellent too. We had a small preference for Deep End but the 24 Degrees and the bar and in-room dining are also very good. The difference is the setting; Deep End has in the middle an opening on the sea where you can watch fishes while dinning and the teck deck is also a lovely place to dine. The Maledives without snorkeling would not be the Maledives, so we recommend to go on the snorkeling trip. BEAUTIFUL what you will see! We also recommend the jet ski adventure ride. We did the one hour one that brought us to a sand bank in the middle of the sea; Great experience! If you want to have a unique romantic getaway have the dinner on the beach. You start with a champagne enjoying the sunset on a coach on the beach and then you enjoy a 5 course dinner on the same beach with candles all around you and a chef dedicated to your service that evening. It was like our second honey moon! To have a nice souvenir of your stay have the photo shoot where a photographer follows you the time you want, to the spots on the island you want, while shooting pictures, amazing result and great souvenir of your stay! The staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. And finally, do not trust the comments about the planes; even if you have three to five big ones flying over a day (never at night!) it does not bother at all. We even slept on the terrace and never heard the planes. And last but not least best price quality ratio in the Maledives!!! Thank you to the entire Taj Exotica staff they did an excellent job and have, no doubt about it, one of the best resorts. But go there and experience it yourself, you will not be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Try the new Lagoon suite!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlexisDeVliegher
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

The entire team at the resort and I would like to thank you for your the wonderful review post your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that your holiday was memorable and that you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. I have shared your feedback with Hussein, Ruby and the entire team at the resort.

It gives us great pleasure to read that you particularly loved the food at the Deep End our award winning speciality restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday with us.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was only the second time my wife and I had decided on a chill out beach holiday. We both normally prefer a holiday to be full if action with lots of hiking and activities, but having had a busy & hectic year we both needed some R&R.

Having been recommended the Maldives by friends the next task was finding the right resort. Our main criteria was good food and ecological credentials. After much research and looking at reviews on trip advisor we opted for Taj. From the moment we were met at the airport to when we left we were bowled over by the welcoming, friendly and professional staff. This really made the resort stand out from other places we have been to. Everyone we came into contact with on our week stay made us feel special. Not only this, they remembered our likes and preferences, so we did not need to keep asking for the same things. An example of this was our preference for a bottle of local Taj water by the pool in a glass bottle, rather than the plastic coca cola made water.

The key areas that made this the most relaxing week of our lives was the following:
• Beautiful rooms with super comfy beds, great amenities, a yummy piece of cake every evening and organic tea. You also get our own butler, we had Shah who looked after us fabulously and ensured we had everything we needed.
• Lots of extras that you didn't even think you might need
• A great selection of cocktails and amazing locations to drink them in. Thanks to Sharesh and his team at the equator bar. We also loved the fact they had shisha available and fresh mint tea for after dinner. Thanks also to Prakash, Billal and Nadiz at the pool you were all great.
• The amazing selection of delicious food (we went half board). We eat out a lot in London and think of ourselves as foodies and the menu choices, presentation, flavours and variety of all meals was inedible. It is by far the best breakfast selection we have had and it's all a la carte. Raj & Anthony were excellent thanks to them and the rest of the team. Don't let the fact there are only 2 restaurants put you off there is plenty of interesting food to keep you from getting bored. We didn't have any meals we disliked, if you to like your food you won't be disappointed.
• Being able to plant our own coral garden and name it. Great snorkelling and friendly well informed staff at the dive centre. A special thanks to Robin & Naze.
• The gorgeous blue lagoon, abundance of fish and rays, stunning sunsets and happy memories of snuggling up on the boat seat at the bar.

The list could go on but hopefully anyone reading this will get the idea of how much we liked Taj. We do not normally plan to go back to places we visit, but the Taj may just be an exception. For a perfect week on a paradise island with amazing food, staff, accommodation, privacy, and some serious relaxation time this has to be top of the list.

Justine Rose & Chris Cheyette

Room Tip: We had an ocean villa (no pool) we didn't feel that a pool was required as you can walk down ste...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are elated to read your lovely words of appreciation post your holiday with us. I have shared your feedback with Shah, Suresh, Prakash, Billal, Nadiz, Raj, Anthony, Robin, Nazee and the entire team at the resort who too are very happy to have received the same. I am certain that this will help us strive to achieving higher standards of excellence in future.

We feel extremely honoured that though you do not usually return to the same place twice, you would be back to visit us your home in Maldives.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing break with us at our island paradise.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I just came back from our honeymoon at the Taj Exotica Maldives. It is no wonder they have just won the award of best resort in Asia and came second in the world. Everything about our stay was impeccable!

Service - with plenty of staff on the island, their friendliness and warmth was evident. They make an effort to always greet you by your name and they take great pleasure in taking good care of you and making sure you are enjoying your stay.

Location - being close to Male is definitely a plus. After a long flight, knowing that you are only a short speedboat ride to the resort is a wonderful feeling. We were greeted at the airport and taken to the resort promptly, and despite the fact we arrived at midnight, the Executive General Manager Greg greeted us upon arrival with 2 refreshing drinks. The planes that occasionally flew past didn't bother us one single bit. They are few and far between so nothing to worry about.

Accommodation - The room was amazing! Everything was very clean and we loved the big glass window in the bathroom with a view of the lagoon. The Molton Brown toiletries were a surprise as I have never seen that before, even in other up-scale hotels. Definitely a huge plus! There was a turn down service every night and we were always surprised by lovely cakes and pastries that were left in our room after this service. All baked in-house by the way.

Butler - Ayat was our butler and he was amazing! He was there when we needed him, easily contactable and very efficient. One of the nights he made a booking for us at Deep End for 7pm and as we walked out of our villa to head to dinner, he was outside our door waiting to take us in the golf cart because it was raining.

Activities - I read a review where the guy said there weren't many activities available. That is simply not true because they have an extensive list of things to do. Yes, they come at a cost, but the options are there. With day excursions, and night events like the Old World New World wine tasting (which by the way was a highlight), one is not short of options. You just must be prepared to pay.

Restaurants - The food was just outstanding. The same reviewer who mentioned there were no activities also was disappointed there was no buffet breakfast. Now why would you listen to someone who prefers buffet breakfast over all you can eat a la carte menu is beyond me. The a la carte menu is very extensive and because it is made to order, it is always very fresh which is not the case with buffet breakfasts. The food always arrived promptly and all of the various cuisines we tried could not be faulted. They are definitely world class in the food department. The Maldivian cuisine (breakfast and dinner) as well as Indian is highly recommended. Deep End is also recommended for fine dining.

Value – For the reviewers who keep on whinging about the prices in the resort – suck it up! This is the Maldives, everything costs a lot more. We were more than happy to pay for everything as we knew that what we would get was the best quality – from food, to drinks, to the activities. My suggestion for potential travellers would be to email the resort prior to making a decision (like we did) and request their menus, price lists etc. That way there are no surprises once you get there and you won’t need to use a forum like this to vent when really, it is no one’s fault but yours for not researching.

In summary, Taj Exotica you wowed us from the moment we arrived at Male airport and we cannot wait to visit you again. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone who is travelling to the Maldives and expect a truly amazing experience. I had high expectations before arriving as I had read the article about the abovementioned awards the week before we flew out and you managed to exceed all those expectations. Thank you for making our honeymoon simply unforgettable.

Juliana & Blair

4  Thank jules_x_nz
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

My team and I would like to express heartfelt gratitude for your kind words of appreciation post your honeymoon at our resort. It gives us immense pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I have shared your feedback with Greg our Food & Beverage Director, Ayath your butler and the entire team at the resort.

Once again we would like to thank you for your detailed review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon maybe for your first wedding anniversary to our island paradise.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Atoll Paradise arrange our trip in Taj Exotica, excellent resort. the food and the restaurants was great. The room servise was very very good us the cleaning was every day !
Beautiful beaches perfect for swimming and for snorkelling.
We choose a deluxe beach villa wich was a modern decorated room , with space and perfect pool!!!The island is near to Male so you can go easily for shoping and see the capital of Maldives.
Definitely we will go again.

Room Tip: The east roomw ahs better access to the beach
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sophia v

Greetings from Maldives.

We are very happy to have received your lovely review. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are glad to have received the same.

You would also be pleased to know that very recently Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives was awarded the World's 2nd Best Hotel by Conde Nast Traveler (CNT) USA Readers Choice Awards 2012. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives was also bagged the Top Spot amongst the 15 Best Resorts in Asia for providing exemplary service and world class cuisine.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at our slice of paradise for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I just love this resort so much I decided to write my first review..
I've been to the Maldives several times before with my family and I'm still in love with it that I keep coming back! It's definitely a must see!

Though it's a different Island from where I stayed before, my boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Taj Exotica Resort and Spa for our anniversary. The moment we arrived at the airport, we got greeted by their very friendly staff and we were immediately assisted with all of our luggage to their speedboat. The boat ride from the airport to the island only takes about 15 minutes. Considering we arrived there late at night, it was nice to have such a short trip from the airport to the resort itself unlike other resorts where the boat ride can take at least an hour from the airport. We wouldn't want that after a very long flight from Vancouver BC Canada.

When we arrived at the resort, their friendly staff including the manager greeted us with refreshments and welcome gifts. And the check in didn't take long so we were able to relax after a long day of traveling.

We got the Deluxe Lagoon Villa With Pool (our own little private pool) and it was absolutely amazing! We got our own private sundeck with pool and daybeds where we could relax and get tanned without the hassle of a public pool. The king size bed was very comfortable and we had a very good sleep. The tub in the bathroom was also nice especially with the great view of the ocean. Another thing I liked about the room is the espresso maker and the wide variety of coffee and teas available compared to what other resorts offer. We didn't get to try their internet as we didn't bring our laptops with us. We wanted to be left alone in paradise. But the resort have a quiet library where you can use their computer and access the Internet if you really need to. Overall, the room is very very nice, clean, and amazing. The service was great too because our room was kept clean and everything (like the mini bar and the toiletries) was re-stocked daily.

Other amenities that we tried in this resort were also superb. We had a very relaxing massage at their spa after a long day tour in Male. Their spa was excellent. The pool and poolside service were awesome. Food was really good too. If you're up for a night's drink and listening to some music, stay out at their lounge and relax. There are more things that this resort offers and so far, (what we tried) they were all amazing like the snorkeling, sunset/sunrise cruise. Male tour, jetplane tour, jetskiing, kayaking, other watersports and more. The staff will gladly accommodate whatever will fit your needs.

Don't forget to watch the feeding of the sting ray and sharks in the afternoon.

When we checked out, we received some more gifts and memorabilia from the management (a photo of us when we checked in). We will definitely come back here for our next anniversary! Amazing and Excellent resort and service.

Room Tip: deluxe lagoon villas are worth the upgrade

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us right from the start to the end. I have shared your feedback with my team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

It gives us great pleasure to read that you liked all of the resort's services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for your anniversary next year.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went to this hotel visiting from New York - What can I say negative about this hotel?.... Well Lets see.. NOTHING. The hotel was more than I expected and the level of service was superb. I would like to mention the front office manager Ruby Garcia. She really went out of her way to make our stay more than I could have ever asked for. I arrived at the hotel and my room was ready and I was escorted to my room and fell in love with everything about this hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone who is considering visiting!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

I would like to thank you for taking the time for posting a lovely review post your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Ruby our Front Office Manager and the entire team at the resort who are elated to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Every bit of this amazing island is absolute beauty. Great friendly staff with extraordinary service. You will be pampered from the moment you enter out of the airport till you check-in back. Lagoon villa we have taken is very spacious & both bedroom and bath room with stunning views. Excellent food...during our 4 nights stay for every meal we have tried new dishes. Plenty of choices even for my wife being vegetarian. Spa was good. As weather was bad we couldn't go for trips and water sports. But it was a relaxing and peaceful holiday ever. We loved the swing in the middle of the sea. it was wowwwwww during our entire stay and the same wowwww ....remained for many more days. I would definitely return here and highly recommend this resort to all. WAH TAJJJJJJ.

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

The entire team joins me in thanking you for your superlative review after your short stay with us recently. We are all very happy to have received the same and I am certain that words of encouragement such as yours would assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence.

The culinary team is very pleased to learn that your wife who is a vegetarian had a good variety to choose from and enjoyed her dining experiences as well.

We thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Gili Lankanfushi
Gili Lankanfushi
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!