“A fun, friendly cottage family atmosphere and escape”

Woodland Cedars Family Cottage Resort
Woodland Cedars Family Cottage Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Specialty Lodging in Tiny
Burlington, Canada
“A fun, friendly cottage family atmosphere and escape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

I've stayed at Woodland Cedars the past two years in a row, with both my children and friends and the cottage complex is a great value for any cottager.

Hosts Grant and Karen go to great lengths to make all guests feel welcome and right at home, working hard to offer clean rustic cottages and provide the little extras for everyone like the nightly fire pit gatherings in the middle of the cottage circle.

The kids love staying at the complex and playing with other kids in the play area and in and around the cottages and there is a much quieter beach area within walking distance from the cottages.

We enjoy spending time up at Woodland Cedars and look forward to it again. Look around the area and at price, there is no better value.

2 Thank CraigW72

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Woodland Cedars is an excellent vacation spot. Contrary to the 2 negative reviews posted, I have always found the cottages to be very clean, well maintained and comfortable. I have stayed at Woodland Cedars 2-3 times a year for the past 5 years and already have 2 trips planned for this summer. The resort is very family-friendly, and the close proximity to the beach make this an excellent vacation destination.
As for the owners/hosts, Grant and Karen are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. I've always observed them going out of their way for their guests to make sure everyone enjoys their stay.
Looking forward to visiting woodland Cedars again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sburns_4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Woodland Cedars has been near and dear to my heart since my husband and I stayed there for a few days before we got married. We love Wasaga Beach, but the cottages there are run down, dirty, and full of partying teens.
Woodland Cedars is quaint. Our cottage was equipped with things we forgot to bring - like coffee filters! (thanks Karen and Grant!)
The cottages are tucked away enough for some serious R&R, but just a quick drive into Wasaga if you need walmart.
We were surprised to have a TV, and DVD player (thank you again), the kitchen was stocked with extras (coffee maker!!!!).
We found everything to be neat
and tidy, and our pre-wedding getaway became a wonderful memory.
We have gone back every year as a little gift to ourselves and it has always been enjoyable.
Karen and Grant (the owners) have treated us with total respect, they are always accommodating, and always welcome us back with open arms and warm smiles.
I honestly find Woodland Cedars to be a little gem and it's unfortunate that some people can't enjoy its quaint, quiet, and unassuming nature.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank KellyandJamie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I just read two of the reviews below and I have to say I am quite shocked. My family and friends have been coming to this place at least once a year for the last three years. Prior to finding this hidden gem we had not stayed in one place that deserved a return visit. It is by far one of the cheaper resorts in the Wasaga area. Yes, it is an older resort but it has been updated as much as possible without tearing the cottages down. Personally I don't care so much what the cottage looks like as long as it is clean and I can assure you these cottages are very clean. The owners were extremely welcoming and friendly and host a campfire every night for all the cottagers which are very enjoyable. They stay out untill the last of the guests turn in and then clean up after everyone. It is very kid friendly resort as there are numerous playgrounds and play areas which is great as the kids are never bored. There are always lots of kids around for them to play with which means lots of relaxing for the parents. The beach is fantastic and only a minute walk. If you want to go to the main beach in Wasaga it is less than a ten minute drive. I have to laugh about the people complaining about the skunks...you are up North!! There is going to be wildlife. I highly recommend this resort, especially to families with children. We have already booked again for next summer as it fills up fast. Can't wait!!

1 Thank kerryla
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I am surprised by the negative reviews that were posted. Woodland Cedars is a wonderful place to vacation and create family memories. The cottages are rustic, but we found them to be clean, tidy, and had all the required ammenities that we needed. We are always well looked after by the owners, who were always happy to answer our questions and provide us with what we need. On one occasion, the coffee maker broke, and immediately were provided with a brand new one. They were able to provide us with maps and directions to different sites, and were very kind to my family.

The beach is lovely and within walking distance. The little community centre on the corner hosts family bingo, and there is a small store that has icecream and any other items you might need. We have been back now for several years, and will continue to go back.

1 Thank Jessica1971
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

My husband and I were the first to discover this place back in 2005! Since then we have brought up numerous friends to stay.We try to make it a yearly getaway which everyone looks forward too months before we go! Grant and Karen are the best hosts anyone can ask for they offer great rates and accomadate all of your needs and are very friendly and welcoming. The cottages are clean and well maintaned considering the age and use of the cottages and if there was something that needed attention all you had to do was ask and it was dealt with. The first time I came up I brought my own cooking supplies (pots and pans etc) found out these were not needed as the cottages have ample supplies of pots and pans and dishes and utensils. I you are looking for a cottage feeling (not the Hilton feeling) this is the place to be. Location is excellent as it is definetley a family oriented place or for young couples with no rowdyness! I look forward to going to Woodland Cedars this Summer with my newborn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I take my daughter to this resort the beginning of every August and meet a group of friends there every year. We always stay in the same cottage (closest to the owners residence) and love it. It is rustic, but very comfortable and quaint. We found that everything was in working order and clean.

The owners host a bonfire every night, and made us feel very welcome.

We have already booked this years trip there and will be back again next year. We enjoy this resort.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiny
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Balm Beach
Lakeview Motel
Lakeview Motel
#5 of 10 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Woodland Cedars Family Cottage Resort? Share your experiences!