“I'm Happy, He's Happy, Kids Happy”

The Colliers Farm Shop and Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Clows Top
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Driven past here on many occassions and decided to stop give it a try, really glad we did. The food was excellent and the service was really friendly. We were greeted with smiles on the way in and smiles on the way out.
The menu is good because it caters for meals and snacks. I had the best burger I've ever had - spicy lamb - with real homemade chips. My husband had a breakfast which he said was among the best he's had. The kids had meals off the kids part of the menu with milkshakes and they cleared their plates. We then spent a pleasent hour in the garden while the kids played on the great play equipment. He bought some beers out of the shop (never seen some many different beers) and I bought a chocolate cake and fresh eggs.
This place is now on my list of 'lets go out to' places. .
Really nioce way to spend a couple of hours especially with the kids entertained.

2  Thank Alison N
Michael C, Owner at The Colliers Farm Shop and Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi, Many thanks for your review, We're delighted that you enjoyed your visit from all of the team. It's great to see the kids enjoyed the new play area.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having recently moved to the area and realising the only two local shops stocked almost nothing snd the staff very unfriendly this was a great find! A lovely warm welcome by staff and great priced food. You can pop in for lunch or just for a cup of tea and piece of cake! I was also very impressed with the shop; lots of local produce with a fantastic selection of beers! Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Foodie12345677
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't fault it here.. Food is tasty and fresh. As are the cakes!! Atmosphere is lovely as everyone is so friendly. It is also beautiful inside by the fire but just as beautiful outside on the patio overlooking the countryside :)

1  Thank Elle22222
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent good quality food and atmosphere in front of a roaring fire. There is a farm shop attached to the eatery that has just about everything including the largest range of beers & ales going. Definitely recommend this place to anyone.

4  Thank Secker1
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Despite seven of us turning up half an hour before they closed, they made us very welcome. We had gone on the spur of the moment for tea and cake and were not disappointed.
A splendiferous array of cakes, and not only tea but coffee and milkshakes to boot. Between us we sampled all the cakes including carrot cake, lemon cake and various flavoured cupcake/muffins. All were wonderfully moist and tasty.
My tea came in a non-dribbly teapot and was perfect. The other drinks also passed muster. We were a mix of ages and for the younger ones there was a small selection of colouring books, crayons and puzzles to keep them amused.
Comfy sofas, free internet and a TV - a real home from home - except I can't make such delicious cakes and my living room isn't that tidy.
The bill was a nice surprise to at around £3.00 a head, and the staff were extra friendly and accommodating. Very, very nice smiley people.
I would highly recommend The Colliers to anyone and everyone, and will definitely go again.

4  Thank fatsoflanagan