“swapping steaks”
Review of The Tannery

The Tannery
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Moira
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated on the outskirts of Moira village Co. Armagh, The Tannery Bar, Bistro & Chop House is growing its reputation to match that of its already very well established sister restaurants The Plough Inn Hillsborough and The Pheasant Annahilt. Opened in November 2009 as the newest addition to the Patterson Family Portfolio The Tannery has become a vibrant and dynamic arena for delicious food specialising in the finest local cuts of steak (along with some specials from around the world) with great hospitality & service. We cater for all types of functions, including Weddings, with a large selection of menus available to suit all budgets.
omagh
“swapping steaks”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

always meant to go here for a meal so when passing yesterday evening decided to call in. we were told that it would be 30 mins before we would be seated so we decided to wait. bit of a mistake .....when shown to a table in the bistro our order was promptly taken, two 8oz steaks (medium) with chips. on arrival there was only one portion of chips so the waiter said he'd see if he could get some more!!!! on cutting my steak I found it to be medium rare and as my partners seemed to be medium we swapped. chips eventually arrived and another waitress came over and asked if everything was ok but as our mouths were full we couldn't say much as she left quickly. we then realised that mushrooms and tomatoes that were a garnish to the meal were not served so we asked for them. again we were told they would see if they could get us some!!!! we eventually got 'some'. meanwhile as we ate our steaks mine was getting rarer and my partner's more medium resulting in another swap. when clearing away the plates we were again asked if everything was ok so we informed the waitress of our issues and that the steaks were a bit on the tough side. she informed the manageress who came over and apologised and gave us a reduced bill. the eating experience was poor but most of the staff were very nice. we weren't the only ones complaining that night. get your chef sorted.

3 Thank dem190

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Bistro Lunch”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good food at reasonable prices - we had a lunch special.
Found the general menu difficult to follow.

Visited June 2013
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I booked the Tannery restaurant for tea and were very happy, the place is gorgeous and very stylish, the staff were friendly and the food excellent. I highly recommend the spanish tapas to start and we followed with the 12oz fillets with sides, more than enough to eat, a lovely meal in lovely surroundings, all praise to the chef, the fillets were amazing, we'll definitely be back.

Visited June 2013
Thank Joanne and Davi... D
“Getting worse”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place gets worse! If you want a nice meal out, nice food, good service and a meal at your own pace...avoid!

Quickly shown to our tables after the barman completely forgot our drink order ..he basically just walked off!

After getting to our table, I asked for another Guinness...I had to ask 3 times where my Guinness was...40 minutes later it arrived. After ordering my meal, the young lad came back to tell me I hadn't order a side .."what is there" his response was "I don't know....chips"

There is A LOT of staff running about, but getting help or ordering a drink is impossible! I managed to only get 2 drinks ordered that night!

Food poor, service awful, won't be back ever

4 Thank Foodiestevie89
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a family meal here last week & we will certainly be back. The staff were really helpful & attentive without being overly so. There were six of us dining, we all had different meals, each meal was well presented & well cooked.The children were given a DVD player which kept them occupied while the meals were prepared.There was a friendly & relaxed atmosphere which was ideal after a busy day.

1 Thank June445040