“Bistro Lunch”
Review of The Tannery

The Tannery
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Moira
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated on the outskirts of Moira village Co. Armagh, The Tannery Bar, Bistro & Chop House is growing its reputation to match that of its already very well established sister restaurants The Plough Inn Hillsborough and The Pheasant Annahilt. Opened in November 2009 as the newest addition to the Patterson Family Portfolio The Tannery has become a vibrant and dynamic arena for delicious food specialising in the finest local cuts of steak (along with some specials from around the world) with great hospitality & service. We cater for all types of functions, including Weddings, with a large selection of menus available to suit all budgets.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good food at reasonable prices - we had a lunch special.
Found the general menu difficult to follow.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I booked the Tannery restaurant for tea and were very happy, the place is gorgeous and very stylish, the staff were friendly and the food excellent. I highly recommend the spanish tapas to start and we followed with the 12oz fillets with sides, more than enough to eat, a lovely meal in lovely surroundings, all praise to the chef, the fillets were amazing, we'll definitely be back.

Thank Joanne and Davi... D
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place gets worse! If you want a nice meal out, nice food, good service and a meal at your own pace...avoid!

Quickly shown to our tables after the barman completely forgot our drink order ..he basically just walked off!

After getting to our table, I asked for another Guinness...I had to ask 3 times where my Guinness was...40 minutes later it arrived. After ordering my meal, the young lad came back to tell me I hadn't order a side .."what is there" his response was "I don't know....chips"

There is A LOT of staff running about, but getting help or ordering a drink is impossible! I managed to only get 2 drinks ordered that night!

Food poor, service awful, won't be back ever

4  Thank Foodiestevie89
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a family meal here last week & we will certainly be back. The staff were really helpful & attentive without being overly so. There were six of us dining, we all had different meals, each meal was well presented & well cooked.The children were given a DVD player which kept them occupied while the meals were prepared.There was a friendly & relaxed atmosphere which was ideal after a busy day.

1  Thank June445040
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ok, ok,

I wrote that title because it just jumped into my head.

We decided to go back to The Tannery for Father's Day this year,

having been there a few years ago for a birthday meal and loved it.

Wrong move.

Really wrong move.

We were told we didn't need to book, so arrived at around 3:30 pm.

The waiter seated us telling us there were no tables available,

and he would come and take our drinks order in a moment.

20 minutes later, we were still waiting, drink-less.

Another 10 thirsty minutes passed and then we were told our table was ready.

We were shown upstairs to a half empty seating area.

Our menus arrived quite promptly, but that's where the promptness ceased.

We all ordered mains only ( basically because my step-son was horrified at the cost! )

Then we waited.

Again.

Thirty minutes.

We all had steaks.

I had fillet.

Cooked Rare.

Average.

My husband and stepson had rump steaks, again, average.

The mushrooms, as you can see from the photos were cooked within an inch of their life.

Yuk.

Poor little wizened tomatoes, served on a plate.

I was saddened that this once vibrant, bustling steak house

has dropped it's standards to the level of a trucker roadside cafe.

Leaving me bewitched , bothered and bewildered.

( Knew I'd get that in somewhere :)

Sorry Tannery, you lose four stars from me.

1  Thank Anita C