“Excellent little French Bistro in the heart of Cheshire”
Review of La Popote

La Popote
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Marton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Intimate small french restaurant owner run with excellent cuisine and very personalised service. Cooking at the table a speciality. perfect venue for small weddings and private parties. Very pretty garden with outside eating area, overlooking oldest wooden timbered church in Europe from 13th Century.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a terrific meal at La Popote over the bank holiday weekend. Classic, well cooked French fayre with a brilliant selection of good wine combined with excellent and very attentive service really made it a special place. Loved it and would recommend it! I would advise booking in in plenty of advance, however, as it is a small restaurant and gets very busy!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Each time I have been to La Popote bistro I have been amazed by the taste explosion in each of the dishes. I have sampled most of the menu in the times I have been and have never been disappointed, in-fact thoroughly surprised by the supreme skill of the cook to prepare such different meals to such a high standard. The service is top class, extremely polite and very attentive, wonderful.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This restaurant run by the chef Victor and his wife on front of house is absolutely wonderful. It is has the quality of a Michelin starred restaurant (at least I have had food that is not as good in a Michelin restaurant!) delivered with the warmth of a small family business.

On this particular visit I had scallops and caviar in a champagne sauce followed by an excellent eggs benedict! THis was excellent as usual.

Prices are above average but well worth it.

Would I go a again? I am looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank JamesSherwood
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Have eaten here on a number of occasions - lunch and dinner. The cuisine is exquisite and wines very reasonable. Service is top class and very attentive. Biggest problem was over indulging in the feast available. Home baked bread well worth ordering for home consumption.

1  Thank Sadwrn
Reviewed May 28, 2012

nice and intreasting food,not a huge menu but that suits us,did not like the plastic table cloth's.....!! but not sure we would go again,we may try again in the winter when the huge log burner is going..... lots of regular's there eating and we were left a few times, while the ownes chatted with them,..., waited quite a while for the menu's and had to ask a few times for our wine...( it was in a wine cooler at the other end of the restaurant....) The main thing for us was there was no atmosphere at all and you could here everyones chatter....There is a nice garden at the back to have a pre dinner drink or coffee after.
And finally its quite expensive.