“A real gem!”

Boyne Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Burwarton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Boyne Arms is a rare example of a large country pub that focuses on quality locally sourced food and service in a welcoming and comfortable environment, either in the less formal main bar area or the Dinning Room. Food is served at lunch and dinner Tuesday to Saturday and at Sunday lunch. The range of our menu feature fresh seasonal produce produced by the talented chefs in the Boyne Arms kitchen. The venue benefits from its secluded location amongst the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with access directly on to Brown Clee Hill from the pub and therefore is perfect for walks and short-breaks.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Visited the Boyne Arms for the first time with friends and had a 3 course Sunday lunch in the comfortable dining room. Very welcoming bar and restaurant staff and the owner/chef is very passionate and knowlegable about his food. Very interesting, generous and tasty starters. The main "Sunday roast" was cooked beautifully and my wife commented on the veg. We will definitely return.

The only bad point I must raise was the state of the toilets which should be condemned. They looked filthy with no soap and an empty paper towel holder in the gents. They really are in complete contrast to the rest of the decor.

1  Thank pauleb99

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Last reviewed the Boyne Arms in January 2013 - see my review. Went back again in June 2013 and yet another great meal, tasty food, plentiful and nice atmosphere with very polite staff.
Just been again - 7th Dec 2013.
Found the Boyne Arms just as good as the previous occasions. The food was great as was the cost, the staff and everything else associated with the place.
My wife chose the soup for starter and if I say it came with bread then believe me when I say it came with its own freshly miniature loaf. I opted for the garlic mushrooms on garlic bread.
Our main course was Rib Eye steak for me and Steak and Ale pie for my wife. Both meals were cooked to perfection and were enthusiastically devoured. Not a crumb was left on the plate!!
What I will say at this point is that whilst we were waiting for our main course to be served I did notice the couple on the next table had ordered fish and chips and when they were served they looked really nice and plentiful - I started wishing I had ordered that. But as I say my own meal just as nice and very satisfying. My wife couldn't manage a pudding but I had the Crumble of the day (mixed fruit) which came with its own jug of custard. What a fine end to a glorious meal - AGAIN!!
Even though it's a 50 mile round trip for us to the Boyne Arms, this will not deter us from returning in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were booked in by our B&B thank goodness as the pub was very busy. Despite this the service was charming and efficient. Food was good pub fare, well cooked and nicely presented. Would go back if in the area again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited the Boyne Arms on Saturday evening . Very popular and lively pub. We ate in the dinning area. Good menu with some unusual dishes . I had Lamb Turgenev it was served in an appropriate bowl and was very tasty . I will return to try some of the other dishes.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have passed this place many times but decided to make a visit after a review in the local paper.We went for Sunday lunch. Lovely food, we were made to feel welcome and it's a great setting. We'll be back possibly for the steak night