3,096 results
All reviews plunge pool general store rum punch ocean view the air conditioning the cliff beautiful beach grocery store zen restaurant washer dryer lounge chairs full kitchen the east coast sandy lane lawrence gap one bedroom suite rented a car
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

We’ve been looking forward to having this trip for a while during Mardi Gras brake in Lousiana.
But sadly can’t give it 5 stars due to some issues upon arrival.
When we arrived to the hotel it was already afternoon, and we let the hotel knew beforehand when is our flight arrival. We had two flights to change, it was very tiring to say the least, especially when you travel with kids and a baby among them.
So upon a check in, the receptionist said that our room hasn’t been clean, and it will take another hour or so, and she gave us free coupons to get drinks from the bar while we waited. After an hour, she said that another 20 minutes is required for the room to be ready‍♀️, and we can actually go to the room and wait there while a cleaner finishes her duty, apparently small area was finished and she sent us another lady, who ‘was supposed’ to show us the resort and welcome us to our room, but she hasn’t showed us anything, I was asking myself where is the pool, restaurants, is there any kids club, where we can have lunch now, she was somehow irritated with all my questions as if it wasn’t her job at first place! So when we came to our room I was asking questions like where we can get food, how to go the supermarket as we had a kitchen and smaller kitchen next to the boys’ bedroom(we wanted to cook at least some breakfasts and dinners ourselves), and in the end she asked me ‘Are you done on my side?!’, I was honestly speechless and stumbled for a minute and then finally could switch my attention to the room...as soon as we walked in, the cleaner was still there and I saw so much dust, sand and she was just mopping here and there, just putting everything on the sides! I told her why you didn’t vacuum first?!! She replied that they don’t use vacuums.We always remove our shoes in the house and hotel room, and we got in our room, we did the same! And I had to wash my feet as the floors were so dusty and dirty, and I couldn’t put my 11 month old baby on it! So that was our ‘Welcoming’ to the hotel, where noone took care of or waited for us and it’s so frustrating that I had to deal with all of it! Especially when you have 3 kids, you kind get yourself organized and waiting it from others at least upon arrival! And besides they put us next to the construction site, we had a private pool, but couldn’t use at all as water was very cool and workers were passing by every minute, but I’ve requested to change the room closer to the beach, so we didn’t have to walk several times a day to the beach and restaurants with a baby and two younger children, that’s not what we’ve thought of ‘holidaying’ here.
Apart from disappointing welcoming the beach itself was full of seaweed, and the waves were too high to swim, seaweed cleaners were just dumping seaweed back to the sea all day long. One day we saw one of tge guest and elder man showing the guys how to do the job. Obviously these people re not well paid, but even that job like cleaning the beach from seaweed they couldn’t do properly.
The food was ok at the Italian restaurant, definitely not wow, but asian restaurant was worth trying, really loved it.
The guest relations manager Jeffrey Edwards after overhearing our issues helped us to switch the rooms to the same one but closer to the beach, so thanks to him. That was really funny as the lady at the reception said there were no rooms available until the end of our stay, her name was Chantilly (if spelling correct), so she missinformed us... I just hated the whole experience of hotel’s no hospitality issues as the place is absolutely beautiful if managed properly and giving the guests proper presentation of it! Besides no activities for kids at all, apart from kids club, that nobody tells u about!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank LauraNurtas
CraneBarbados, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear LauraNurtas,

Thank you for sharing this review as your feedback is important to us. We regret that your stay fell short of expectations. We are truly surprised to learn of your experience, as this is a gross departure from our normal standard of service.

Please accept our apologies for any inconsistencies you would have experienced during your stay. Please be assured that we have noted your concerns and these will be thoroughly discussed with the relevant teams, as we strive to meet our guests' expectations.

It was our pleasure to host you. We hope to be given an opportunity in the future for you to enjoy a true Crane experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2019

Stayed the bank holiday weekend in June checked-in Friday afternoon and had a very very relaxing weekend

Rissotto in D'onfrios was really good as was food in Carriage House

Would certainly recommend for a relaxing easy weekend without too much travelling

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank stu-bim16
CraneBarbados, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2019

Dear stu-bim16,

Thank you for sharing this review and recommendation. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your staycation with us. It was certainly our pleasure to host you and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2019

We had a 2 BR Penthouse with an ajoining 1 BR penthouse. The ceilings were extremely high, 20 ft I'd guess.
Sooo, air did almost nothing!! We had them in and checked all, one bedroom only out of 3 got pretty cool at night.
I had the 2nd suite with a small but full kitchen (didn't need)and a HUGE nice bath, hot tub and shower, but it was
sooo hot in there, they finally brought me a big stand up fan, helped. Probably the regular rooms were ok. We paid right at
$10,000.00 for the week, we DID EXPECT more, but it was a nice property. Had several places to eat, all were good, think my fav was like (?) 1889 resturant, pizza n sand in day- nice Italian (plus pizzas) at night.
We had a small but cute pool on our balcony, it was like ice water - too cold for me, lol-sun never hit it. Had a rooftop hot tub-gas grill and umbrella but all I can say is nice, but too hot, maybe for honeymooners, not a fam.
Main darwback is we either paid 20 each way to go to a town (30 min) for something different or we had no choice. They were so nice and addressed all our needs. We learned to open the heavy wood shutters in the great room during the day and the breeze was very nice, cooler than the air conditioner. Too far from everything tho.

Date of stay: June 2019

Dear NemoNonna,

Thank you for sharing this review, as your feedback is important to us. We are happy to note the areas which you enjoyed during your stay.

We regret that some aspects of your stay fell short of expectations. Please be assured that we have noted your concerns and these will be discussed with the team, as we aim to surpass our guests' expectations.

It was our pleasure to host you and your family and we hope to be offered the opportunity to create a true Crane experience for you in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

I want to start by saying all these reviews calling the resort “dated” or “past it’s prime” are written by a bunch of people who want a five star hotel but are too cheap to pay four star prices. Don’t listen to them (and I’m picky!) For the price, this place is FANTASTIC. We were upgraded to an amazingggg two story suite with views of the ocean on three sides, three balconies, and a private rooftop pool. The suite was decorated very nicely, and everything was brand new. We ate at all of the restaurants and they were really our only complaint. The food was average at best, we never had a good meal or good service, and they were pretty expensive. Never did a server ask us if we wanted more drinks, anything else, etc. We waited for over 30 minutes at Zen before a server came over, even after the hostess came by several times to check on us and see if we’d been waited on. It was my fiancé’s birthday and it wasn’t even acknowledged even though we told them when booking. The service at the beach was the only good thing we experienced at any of the restaurants. Those guys work their tails off.

I will address the issue with the sargassum (as I wish someone had before we went). It’s pretty bad. The resort is trying hard to keep it out, but the last two days the whole ocean was full of it and we didn’t want to swim because it was gross. They run a tractor over it every day trying to get rid of it but it just washes up again in an hour. Luckily IT DOES NOT SMELL. So if you don’t mind the unsightliness, you’ll have no issues. If you do mine, I would recommend staying on the west side of the island.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CraneBarbados, General Manager at The Crane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Dear pawslaws,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are happy to note the areas which you enjoyed during your stay.

However, we regret that your dining experiences did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we have noted your recommendations for improvement and these will be discussed with the team, as your experiences were not in keeping with our usual standard of service.

Regarding the Sargassum seaweed, as you mentioned, we deploy a tractor with a rake daily to clear the beach of any deposits, even as we work on a long term solution - a seaweed boom.

It was certainly our pleasure to host you and we hope to welcome you again in the future for a true Crane experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2019

I am absolutely happy we chose this resort for our vacation. We stayed here for 7 nights . The entrance of this resort alone makes you realize that you made the right choice. The staff is super friendly and all restaurants we went had delicious foods. The beautiful view of the Atlantic ocean is one you'll never forget because the hotel is located on a cliff. The King ocean suite is very spacious. This resort I highly recommend to any family seeking to have a high standard family vacation. I cannot wait to return to this resort

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear travelrw2015,

Thank you for sharing this lovely review and for your recommendation. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent family vacation here with us at The Crane! We are happy to note that you appreciated our facilities and offerings at our family friendly resort.

It was certainly our pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you again when you return to create and relive more family memories with us.