We have visited Mbotyi several times in the past, with our last visit September 2013. We stayed in a sea facing log cabin. On arrival we poured ourselves drinks on the cabin patio and sat and stared at the beautiful surroundings. The hotel served good meals - breakfast and dinner included. We enjoyed a barbeque for every lunch. Time spent together as a family is why we go to Mbotyi.
Family activities include:
- Long walks on the beach
-4 x4 Drive along the coast on the grass lands with breathtaking oceans views
- Beach sport activities (tennis, football. etc)
- Trail running on the dirt road up the mountain
- Hiking on trails next to the coast
- Fishing in the logoon at Mbotyi
- Sunbathing next to the pool with drinks
- Table tennis in playroom late afternoon
- We also went fishing with Johan Spamer at the Port St John's River Mouth, where after we stop for KFC on our way back to Mbotyi Lodge.
There is more than many activities to do as a family. We also enjoy our afternoon naps and lazy mornings, with reading in the lounge at night before dinner.
What a peaceful place to stay if you appreciate when the sunrise and beautiful nature greet you every morning.
We will do this again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mbotyi River Lodge, the Wild Coast's leading seaside hotel we offer a range of accommodation options for couples, groups, families or corporate and conference bookings. Guests enjoy a comfortable 3 star hotel experience at this wonderfully remote Wild Coast resort. Our bedrooms all have a private balcony or patio to enjoy the wonderful views whether it is of the sea, the lagoon or valley. All rooms also offer tea and coffee making facilities, a ceiling fan and a safe for your valuables. We have 48 well appointed, en-suite rooms of which 36 are log cabins and 12 in thatched units that blend beautifully into the lush natural environment of Pondoland. 12 Rooms interconnect - perfect for families. We also cater for sporting, adventure and conference groups. ... more less