“best B&B we had on our trip”

Tregenver Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Kilkhampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were there for 1 night .. spontaneously passed by and were so glad we found THIS! Hosts were so friendly, everything was clean, the bed was extrem comfortable and the breakfast was a dream (free range eggs from their own chickens!). Price was 25 pound per person.
On our departure we even got some nice recommendations for the trip.
Thank you so much for the nice stay!

Nearby in the town was a good pub with good food also and a small supermarket.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerstin K

Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in August while attending a family birthday party. It was the best B&B we've ever stayed in. The room was very comfortable, overlooking a lovely garden. The bed was good and the bonus was a comfortable lounge for guests.Breakfast was very good with a wide choice of dishes.
Sally and Gerald made us so welcome.
We'll definitely be back!Thank you both!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Moira H
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Had the warmest welcome ever here last week when I visited with a group of friends whilst walking the SW Coastpath. The cottage is charming and full of character and the garden a delight. The nearby village pub offers good value meals and Gerald gave us lifts out to the coastpath which was an unexpected bonus! Excellent value. Hope to return!
Thank you Sally and Gerald.

Room Tip: Lovely double with en-suite at back of house
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Very pleased with our choice, nothing was too much trouble for our hosts relaxed and easy going a very hassle free stay. I travelled down with my daughter for a family gathering as most of my family live in this area. Unfortunately nobody had room for us to stay with them but l was very lucky to find this wonderful place nearby and was even able to stay an extra night.

Room Tip: There is only 1 twin + 1 single the rest doubles
  • Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We only stayed for 1 night but we had a warm and friendly welcome. The room was at the back of the house over looking the garden. It was lovely and quite. The house had history just walking in though the front door and up the little stairs and along the corridor to our room, which had an en-suite bathroom. There was tea and coffee supplied and a tv in the room.
Breakfast was laid on, and freshly cooked for you.
Thank you Sally and Gerald. If we feel like having a treat again, we will be back.
All the best
Ceri and Ian

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caergaint
Reviewed August 22, 2010

An emergency stop after a bad days cycling (JOGLE cycle), my friend and I were cold and wet through. Sally and Gerald were very welcoming; there was a place to put our bikes and Sally dried our shoes! A comfortable nights stay, followed by a delicious cooked breakfast; by far our best nights stay; top notch! :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed at Tregenver recently when helping a colleague set up a pre-school music class with The Music Train in Bude. What struck me first on arrival at Tregenver was how very welcome I was made to feel. This is a family who definitely 'go the extra mile'. The rooms were clean with a lot of thought to detail and the quality and size of breakfast was wonderful. Sally is a great cook and I was even offered some strawberries in the evening! I have to say I felt part of the family and I will definitely be booking again if I need to stay in the area in the future!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkhampton
Tommy Jacks Beach Hotel
Widemouth Bay Caravan Park
The Tree Inn
The Tree Inn
#24 of 49 in Bude

Been to Tregenver Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!