“A lovely family run hotel but confused by negative reviews”
Review of County Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Bridgford
County Hotel
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A lovely family run hotel but confused by negative reviews”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We nearly didn't stay here because of some very negative reviews on trip advisor but as we couldn't find anywhere else at short notice we decided to make do. We are well travelled and have stayed in some truly horrendous places. We were very glad to find that some reviews were very inaccurate and that some were inexplicably very personal The place was clean and warm, the staff friendly, chatty and helpful, the breakfast excellent. I think we had good value for money. Yes the place was a little dated but then so are we.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Just been for a short stay once again at the County, will be back again in April for the 4th year for the long stay 18-20 weeks again. I have always been made welcome here and looking forward to April.
John Bell from Newcastle

Room Tip: Friendly and a good central location
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay. Our room was warm and clean with comfortable beds and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was excellent. The owners made us very welcome. we will definitely stay again

Jane Wood from London

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This hotel is so bad it needs burning down i was in room 4 for 2 nights the heating didnt really get above cold the windows let in so many noises could even hear people talking outside BUT WORST OV ALL the bed was made up of two singles and both mattresses were totally shagged i even had to stack the two mattresses to even get a little bit ov comfort. what a hell hole do not even think of staying here just keep driving

dave from essex

• Stayed February 2012
6 Thank thehumpys

Travelers are raving about these West Bridgford hotels

UK
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This hotel offers great value for money. It's run by a very friendly couple who often upgrade me to ensuite at no extra cost. Free WiFi, proper breakfast, TV, electric heater if you need it. Close to the main road into the city and major bus route, but you don't hear the traffic from inside. Lots of good restaurants and pubs within walking distance. I don't know what the people who've given bad reviews were expecting for their money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Marbella, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Having stayed in various types of accomdation all over the world, from no star to five star, I found the County perfect for what it says on the tin. I was made to feel very at home, the owners Jackie and Robin made me feel extremely welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were what you'd expect for the price in terms of size and amenities, they were clean and functional. As for reviews of smells etc, I must have lost my sense of the latter, as I did not detect any of the odours mentioned. All in all, thoroughly enjoyable time was had, and would recommend this family run hotel to anyone who is looking for value for money and a good old english breakfast welcome every morning.

Room Tip: If you travelling alone, pay the extra few quid and ask for an en-suite single.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Where should I begin? The appropriate start should be the sheer stink of the entire place, chip fat, cigarettes & years of grime! Every surface I had the mis fortune to touch was greasy & sticky, the rooms also had the same smell, which made me feel utterly sick!
My room, which was excitedly introduced to me resembled something out of the 70s faded sheets, dirty carpets & ornaments caked in dust & god knows what.....
The bathroom / cupboard reminded me a habitat David attenborough may explore, dirty tiles, black grout & dodgy toilet!!! I felt dirty when i left the shower!!!!!!!!!!!
The bed, was uncomfortable, dirty sheets & covered in hairs, how can someone be do proud of such sheer dirtiness!!!!
Breakfast was adequate.

#6 of 49 in Nottingham
Holiday Inn Nottingham
Holiday Inn Nottingham
#14 of 49 in Nottingham

Been to County Hotel? Share your experiences!