“Overnight stay”

Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Bridgford
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at the Beeches for one night, Even though it was on a busy road, the rooms were very quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful and even managed to get us checked in earlier than anticipated as we arrived earlier than we thought by about 5 hours. The room was very comfortable and clean with a nice selection of tea and coffees. Breakfast was very good too. For what we paid it was very good value. Would not hesitate to recommend this to people.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBeechesHotel, Manager at Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear such positive feedback on the hotel, particularly that you did not find the road noise a problem and breakfast was very good.

With check in from 2pm, we will always do our best to accommodate guests if they wish to check in early, and I am glad to hear this was again the case for you.

I look forward to your next visit, and welcoming those you recommend us too.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Nice hotel, lovely staff, good rooms and food. Calm comfort, good breakfast. Pool was small and you had to walk through the middle of the gym to get to it, so not quite so good.

Overall, a pleasant visit, would stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room at the rear overlooking the carpark, the rooms at the front of hotel might be a little...

Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on your stay with us.

The staff were delighted to read your positive views of our Hotel, especially the breakfast.

It is true that guests walk through the gym to get to the leisure changing facilities but then they lead directly to the pool without having to walk back through the gym.

I do hope that you re-visit the Hotel as we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and at first glance it seems a little ordinary decor wise but then again it was only £50 for bed and breakfast. It was warmly heated but I stayed during a particularly cold period and was a little chilly the first night. I just asked for an extra duvet for the next night but when I came back found the bed was re-made with a fleece blanket and an extra heater had been put in the room. The bathroom was cold despite a radiator but the shower lovely and hot. The TV was fine, the bed comfy and the hot chocolate and biscuits much appreciated. Plenty of storage space too. I couldn't access wi-fi on my phone but it wasn't a problem for me. I am sure that if I had mentioned it they would have sorted it out for me. The breakfast was very good with a working toaster and without a blaring TV. The jam was in sensible pots instead of those silly faffy little sachets. The car park was large and free. I ate in the restaurant and would have liked more choices of soup, there was only ever ministrone when I was there, but it was very tasty. I particularly liked the pool and jacuzzi, only small but enough to swim in. There was a gym too. Everything was clean and quiet. Easy to find and convenient.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone the experience you had staying with us.

I have passed your kind words onto each department.

Our homemade soup is part of our 'Specials' on our menu and a change is dependent on the demand but usually every few days.

From the team here, we look forward to seeing you next time you visit Nottingham.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Beeches is a mid size independent hotel located in a suburb of Nottingham. It's on a main road , so easy to find and there are direct buses to the City Centre, although there no local pubs or eating places except the hotel. Parking and Wi Fi are free.
The public areas have obviously been recently refurbished and are modern and more comfortable than is often the case with these types of hotels which can often look a bit dated. There is a good selection of drinks available including local real ale. The menu is mainly pub type food but of good quality. The cooked breakfast was good but a disappointing lack of alternatives - no fruit, not even tinned.
The room was not that large but had a king size bed with a large metal frame. Although it was comfortable it totally dominated the room. The room was due for a lick of paint and the dormer window was filthy. Bathroom was modern and fine.
Leisure centre was OK with a small but clean pool area.
So not perfect but taking into account a single room is £50 B&B compared to over £80 for a Travel Inn with no leisure facilities in the city then worth a look.

Room Tip: Although there is a lift , there can be a long trek to some rooms. Including narrow corridors, fire...

Dear Guest

Thank you for all of your positive comments.

We are constantly reviewing our services on offer to guests and have actually added fruit pieces to our breakfast menu. Hopefully something you can enjoy on your next visit.

All rooms are consistently audited and I have ensured that particular attention was given to the room you stayed on upon hearing about the need for paint and a dirty window.

As you mentioned we do have an array of services available to guests, from free Wifi to complimentary onsite parking and still remain cheaper than many other Hotels in Nottingham.

I look forward to hopefully seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

As a company we are looking to cut expenses so rather than going for the tried and tested brands we are looking at other places to stay to save some money.

I found this hotel on a booking site for a very good rate. The rate also included Wifi, parking and breakfast - so it was an excellent rate in fact.

I found the hotel without a problem and unlike my previous night in the Novotel across town this hotel was much more convenient to where I was working.

Check was smooth and easy and the receptionist was great!

My roon was nice and warm as it was freezing outside and although not the most modern, the room was clean and everything worked. Bathroom was OK and the bed was very comfortable.

I used the hotel gym twice during my stay and that was great too.

I took dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and both meals were very good. A word about my evening meal that was excellent and very good value for money.

The free wifi worked well and was fast.

All in all, this is an excellent hotel with great facilities and it does not break the bank to stay there.

Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TheBeechesHotel, Manager at Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving such a positive review, all of your comments have been passed over to the Staff, who work so hard to ensure your stay here is the best it can be.

We do try and keep all rates competitive whilst still offering as mentioned complimentary Wifi, onsite parking and full use of our leisure facilities.

I was personally delighted to hear that the Wifi was fast for you as we have recently upgraded our internet system on site to ensure fast internet connections throughout the Hotel.

Hopefully you will be returning on a regular basis for work in Nottingham and we will see you soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed for one night on business. I was not there long and did not have occasion to use many of the facilities. The downstairs public rooms were very nice, and all the staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. My bedroom was a decent size, but a bit tired and nondescript. The shower was a bit disappointing in terms of the water pressure. Breakfast was pretty mediocre - standard buffet fare with not a particulalry wide selection of things.

The key thing - as mentioned by many others - was the really poor sound insulation in the bedroom. It sounded as if the people on either side were in the room with you!

Overall, a decent mid range hotel.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your time with us, and it is a shame that you were unable to make the most of the range of facilties on offer here at the Hotel.

It is disappointing that you found breakfast to be mediocre with what is considered to be a wide range of items on offer from a Full English cooked buffet breakfast, toasts, cereals, selection of teas, coffee, fruit juices, yoghurts & fruit.

With no known problem of water pressure problems, this is something that is reported to the maintenance team immediately upon it being passed over from the guest, to then locate and solve as quickly as possible.

It is disappointing to hear that people suffer from noise from adjacent rooms, but with a 24 hour reception on hand we are always happy to investigate all comments and communicate with guests if needed with regards to noise levels.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, the hotel is very clean and tidy. The restaurant is far above the local standard, the quality of food reflects in house preparation and not a chain supplying some ready made meal, the price of food was very acceptable, possibly cheaper than the harvester etc. and the restaurant was quiet with no games machines werring away!
The bonus was the gym, it was far better than many full size leisure centres, with a pool large enough to swim and stretch out after the gym equipment.
Had Sunday lunch with my family there, real treat.

Room Tip: just ask for what you need i guess
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was delighted to see that you took to the time to share your views with others as from all of the Staff and I, it was a pleasure having you stay with us for those few days.

With freshly made food by the Chefs on the premises we strive to be considered above your standard pub food and I am glad this came across to you during your stay.

All guests are more than welcome to use any of our Leisure facilities, Gym, Pool, Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi, as all are included in all room rates. It is always rewarding to hear that they have met your needs, and to hear that they are better than those found in full size leisure centres.

With Sunday lunches from £7.95 and still made fresh in house by the Chefs, it is always a nice option for guests to take up before travelling home, especially as a member of team will always be on hand to discuss the possibility of a late check out.

I am sincerely delighted that you and your family enjoyed the food and facilties and would welcome you back to see us next time you are in Nottingham.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bridgford
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Colwick Hall Hotel
Colwick Hall Hotel
#9 of 41 in Nottingham

Been to Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!