“Perfect wedding night”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Bridgford
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect wedding night”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the beeches in their junior suite for the night of our wedding. I stayed the previous night with our 2 boys having the sofa bed in the lounge of the suite, then was joined the following morning by my Father and Brother for a full English breakfast followed by a swim before the wedding. The staff were brilliant and so helpful with everything asked of them. The breakfast was a buffet affair, but was hot, tasty and plentiful! The room was clean and spacious and the fold away bed was put away as soon as I mentioned to the reception staff that we needed to use the room for getting ready. I would definitely recommend the hotel as value for money and a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Newcastle
Reviewed August 20, 2012

stayed for 3 nights - room comfortable. We had a family room and the kids were in a seperate but joining room, much better than all in one room. Breakfast fine. staff at breakfast a bit unenthusiastic. Bar meals reasonable. Overall enjoyed our stay. Got into nottingham by bus, drove to sherwood forest - a bit of a distance. Recommend going to Sherwood pines if you are up that way, lots of walks and a play area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before our son graduated from Nottingham Trent University, even before we arrived the staff were so helpful with our telephone booking (we were booking 5 rooms, a couple of rooms were for older people with some mobility issues) the staff were patient and helped us with all our worries at the time of booking.
On arrival we were greeted by a receptionist who could not have been kinder or more helpful, she checked us all in with a smile and a cheery word for all of us. All 5 rooms were clean and comfortable as was the bar area downstairs where we spent most of the afternoon.
In the evening we all had a meal in the on site restaurant, again the service from the ever attentive staff was first class and the food was exceptional, enough choice on the menu and we must say we have very rarely had a better meal in a hotel.
We only have one small complaint, the rooms were very warm although the outside temperature was cool, but this is a small negative amongst many many positives.
We enjoyed free parking at the hotel ( the staff at the hotel organised taxis for us to get into Nottingham city centre, fare about £7), also there is free wifi which worked well during our stay, sadly we did not have time to explore the gym/pool.
We cannot praise either the hotel or food highly enough, however the staff need an extra special mention, all the staff we met were helpful, professional, accommodating and had a smile on their faces. We would have no second thoughts in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for two nights last week and were very pleased. All the staff were very friendly and helpful with nothing it seemed too much trouble. Check in was swift and on finding our room's fan did not work it was replaced within minutes. On our first night I went to Dusk till Dawn to play poker (ten minutes taxi away) leaving her to make full use of the hotel gym. Breakfast was fine with plenty of choice buffet style. On Thursday we never actually left the hotel. Whilst my partner had her nails done I enjoyed a leisurely drink in the sunshine. We then spent an hour in the pool and hot tub which in mid afternoon we had to ourselves - lovely and clean. We had booked Jamie Olivers italian in town but on recomendation from the nail lady we stayed and ate in the hotel. Impossible to say for sure but believe we made the right choice. Starters, main, dessert and wine were all great and for far less pennies than Jamies. After a late siesta we then drank in the bar till 1.30. Not too over priced.
Our main reason for the stay was to attend the Test at Trent Bridge on Friday which is literally only a ten minute walk away and a great thrill for me was meeting the best all round cricketer ever who too was staying at Beeches.
Our only fault was that our room (12) was very hot all night but it was a heatwave. However air con would solve that.
Will definately return when attending the cricket.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are away from main road but maybe hot in summer.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank T_at_the_bar
Nottingham, England
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had our Wedding reception here in August 2011 and it was wonderful. The courtesy and attention to detail was wonderful. I stayed here for 2 nights and we ate here too the night before the wedding. Wonderful food, great hotel and we were made to feel so welcome. Kate and the team did a fabulous job of organising the reception for us. Was a brilliant day and the Beeches helped make it perfect. Nothing was too much trouble. Would highly recommend. Thankyou.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel whilst attending a training course. The staff were all really helpful and I had a good double room for my stay.

The bar area was good and evening meals well cooked. Nothing was too much trouble and I was always asked whether I needed help with luggage.

I spent time in the gym and pool area and felt that these were adequate for my needs.

My only gripe about the room was there may have been stairs or something behnd the wall and sometimes people walking up stairs made my room shake.

I would recommend this hotel for a buisness stay and a good value weekend break.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
surrey
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed here recently with my family as we were attending a wedding. We had interconnecting rooms which was great as the kids had their own space and tv! The room was very warm and had everything we needed. The restaurant was very good value for money and the food and service was very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#6 of 49 in Nottingham

Been to Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!