“Great neighbohood, friendly people”
Review of Talbot House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Bridgford
Talbot House Hotel
GreenLeadersGold level
Belo Jardim, PE
“Great neighbohood, friendly people”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife during our first week at the UK, and there is nothing I can complain about this 7 days. Actually, I only have complements: the owners of the hotel are very friendly people; the cleaning was good; the continental breakfast exceeded my expectations. You have fruits, yorgurt, breads, cheese, many kinds of cereals, milk, tea, coffee, juice, etc. That is moore that I could expect for a continental breakfast. They won't bother if you buy something in the supermarket and use the microwave to have lunch or dinner. I think is a good cost-benefit trade.
As many places you go, the thing which is more valuable is the people whi make it.
I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TalbotHouseHotel, Owner at Talbot House Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
As our first guests from Brazil, we really enjoyed meeting you both and hope you will drop by and see us if you have time. Good luck with your future studies at University. Andy and Ali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Unfortunately I only saw the rave reviews about the breakfast which must have been 4 months ago, and I missed the small print about the "continental" breakfast. Cooked breakfasts are no longer included in the deal and the host forgot to ask us if we would like to pay extra for a cooked one.
Our room had not been hoovered and the ensuite shower room was shabby. The double bed had a strange neon light exactly where your head rests when you want to watch the TV.
West Bridgford is within a short walk with a good Italian Felicini and a great pub the Stratford Haven.

Room Tip: Don't have room 18
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Coleswood
Cooked breakfast is available....
Since registering for VAT in September, our business had to make a choice to raise our charges or to review our provision. Continental breakfast with a wide choice of food is now offered as standard and all guests are informed when booking. Our room prices remain unchanged.
Had you read your emailed confirmation, this is clearly stated. We will however take note of your comment and place a notice to inform guests of our booking procedure for cooked breakfast in reception.

We do not have any neon lights inside the building, these are only used outside to advertise vacancies and do not understand your comment. A new fluorescent reading light was installed above the bed when room 18 was recently redecorated.

We do our very best to ensure our guests have a positive and enjoyable experience but it seems we did not achieve our aim in your case.
Codicote, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently organised accommodation for a large group of people, and was lucky enough to stumble upon the Talbot House Hotel. Not is it just a quaint little hotel, with all the amenities needed for a nights stay. But Andy and Ali go out of their way to ensure that everything is to your satisfaction.

From the moment I enquired about arranging a large group to stay at their hotel, Andy was efficiently responsive and genuinely friendly and polite in all correspondence I had with him. He would often email me to make sure I was ok and to check if my plans were going smoothly, and he was keen to ensure that everybody stayed in their preferred choice of room. Up to the last point, Andy did his best to rearrange everything so that everyone was happy, even when my group’s plans had repeatedly changed - he even went as far as renting out a separate room in a neighbouring building, to ensure my group all had a place to stay. That is generosity at its finest.

As for the stay itself, I couldn't ask for more really. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean. Any small fault Andy would point out, and do his best to action accordingly - he wanted everybody to be happy with their room, and wasn't satisfied until we were.

But the thing that won me over the most was the friendliness of the two hosts. They genuinely want you to be happy and enjoy your stay. Whether it be to give suggestions of local boozers and restaurants, to giving detailed directions of local fancy dress shops, they would go out of their way to give you the information you need.

Overall, a great stay and would thoroughly recommend anyone to stay here. It's very good value for what you get - but you can't put a price on great hospitality! Thank you Andy and Ali for a great weekend, and I wish you all the best for the future! Rob

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob G
Thanks for your positive review, your group were a delight to host and we all enjoyed the time socialising in our bar over the two night's stay.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I booked this hotel as i was on a training course with work,where do i start.Firstly i was greeted with a warm welcome by Andy and Ali,the owners.Then i was shown to my room which was nice and clean with all the usual,tea, coffee flat screen tv.Nothing was to much for them,they would help in any way they could.Andy was very helpfull pionting out places to go for food,drinks etc.Everything is at hand,the hotel location is perfect.Good bars,restrauntsand shops within a 2 min walk.I will definately be going back to visit them.think i forgot to say how clean it was.Thanks Andy and Ali for a great stay,see you both soon.keep up with the hard work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind review after your 2 - week stay. We miss your company in the bar and look forward to seeing you again next year! Andy and Ali
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just spent another night at the Talbot where a warm welcome is guranteed by Andy and Ali
Nothing is too much trouble they are a great team Andy carried my bag to my room which was warm and inviting fresh good quality bed linen tea and coffee provided
Andy and Ali are working really hard to refurbish this property and are doing a great job, if you want accommodation with personality reasonable prices and wonderful friendly service STOP Here I'm so glad I DID ps breakfast is self service with cereal fruit toast pastries tea coffee orange juice all fresh and good quality

• Stayed October 2012
Really good to meet you again and happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting your stay again in the future. Andy and Ali
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Firstly, because I am from Sweden, my English is not perfect.
However, I read about Talbot House Hotel here at Trip Advisor and because of its positive reviews and high rating I decided to reserve a room. I must admit that my expectations were very high because of its great reviews.

I stayed at Talbot House Hotel for a couple of days before my semester at University of Nottingham started. The moment I arrived to Talbot House, Andy and his wife welcomed me in to their accommodation and it felt like entering a typical English home.
As it was my first time in Nottingham, I didn't know that much about the city. But after asking Andy, it took only 10 minutes before he had told me about plenty of interesting places to visit and recommended a couple of good restaurants. He actually spent time pointing out on a map, explaining how I were supposed to get around in the city and gave me a list of potential bus roots. If it hadn’t been for Andy and his Wife my first days I Nottingham wouldn’t have been half that interesting and fun as they finally were.

Except from the outstanding service, the rooms were perfectly clean and fully furnitured. Bathrooms were also both clean and spacious with a combined shower and bathtub, which was great. I must say I was a bit worried because of the English breakfast before my arrival. But the breakfast that a Andy’s wife Ali cooked and prepared was delicious and had everything I could wish for. The location of the Hotel was perfect, close to the city centre and right next to the magnificent cricket ground.

I highly recommend anyone who is about to travel to Nottingham to stay at Talbot House. Altogether the outstanding service, clean and spacious rooms, delicious breakfast and optimal location will not disappoint you.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room in advance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Many thanks for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to entertain overseas visitors here and we hope you enjoy your study at the University of Nottingham. Best wishes for your future, Andy and Ali
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

A very pleasant two night stay with my husband and 8 year old daughter. As with previous reviews our hosts could not have been more hospitable. We were shown to our room immediately and a flickering bathroom light was attended to straight away. Large spacious family room that could easily have accommodated 5. The owners are working hard to restore the reputation of this previously run down B and B and we wish them well. The room was a little chilly but we didn't complain but I am sure if we had mentioned it it would have been attended to but sometimes the air con modern purpose built chain hotels are too warm! Location can't be faulted would love to return in the height of summer and take in a test match just across the road. Perfect!

• Stayed September 2012
Holiday Inn Nottingham
#16 of 49 in Nottingham
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Chapel Bar) Hotel

Been to Talbot House Hotel? Share your experiences!