“Pre and post cricket visits”
Review of The Botanist

The Botanist
Description: It started with a seed, an idea to create a secret garden of food and drink. A place where antiquities and trinkets hang from the walls, and resident botanists craft unusual concoctions. Some arrive for the live music, some for the conversation; but here at The Botanist, all can enjoy a wondrous occasion...
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We, as a group of 8, popped into the Botanist for a couple of drinks before making the short walk over to Trent Bridge for the cricket. Upon arrival we were made to feel welcome, and the bar lady knew her facts when it came to Rob needing a gluten free beer, he was impressed. So much so in fact that after the cricket we popped in for a mix of beers and cocktails, we even got shown the bar nibbles menu, which we decided to try. They are BIG for nibbles, not a complaint, but very tasty, especially the onion petals. All in all lovely venue, great drinks and knowledgable staff, plus only a 3/4 minute walk to the cricket, see you for the World Cup!

Date of visit: November 2017
TBWB17, Manager at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Hi Derbyshirematt

Thank you for your lovely 5 star review.
I am really happy to see that you felt welcome and that our team were able to help make recommendations for all of your party. We do love our nibble selection and I am delighted to see you are too! The onion petals are a firm favourite from all the team as well!
We look forward to seeing you again, we have a new menu coming soon with some new and delicious nibbles on!

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend for cocktails- had amazing drinks and service. 11/10 experience from Connor and Rory

Hi Lish2416

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely 5 star review!
I am delighted to see that you found both the drinks and service to be amazing, I have passed your lovely comments on to the lads who were chuffed to have made such a great impact on your visit.
We have a new cocktail menu coming soon - come in and try a few!

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

So I have been to a few other Botanist restaurants and have always been very impressed with everything, however, this Botanist was awful in comparison.

We booked a table for 4pm and were not asked if we wanted to order drinks for 45 minutes. We then waited another 15 minutes before anyone asked us if we were ready to order food. We had to ask where the drinks were after 20 minutes as they had still not arrived and we had to ask twice to see the children's menu. It was an hour before we had even managed to order any food.

The cocktail that was ordered had very little, if any, alcohol in it, which is not what you expect when paying £8 for one drink. There was nothing special about it and basically just tasted like pineapple juice.

The food, when it eventually came out, was lovely, which is why I have given two stars instead of 1. The service, however, was dire! I'm afraid my family and I will not be returning to this Botanist.

Date of visit: April 2019
TBWB17, General Manager at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Hi Shortstack85,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. We love feedback at The Botanist, whether it be positive or negative, and it is used as a tool to ensure that we are always progressing and moving forward to ensure that all of our customers have an amazing experience in our venue.

Many thanks for taking the time to discuss your experience and review with me over the phone, it really was helpful to ensure that our next visit will be at a standard that befits The Botanist.

I look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Came to the botanist for a few casual drinks for my birthday , cocktail menu had plenty of choice , live music over the evening and excellent bar staff, especially cy who went the extra mile after finding out it was my birthday , super bartender indeed!
Will be returning

Date of visit: April 2019
TBWB17, Manager at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Hi Lee B

Thank you for leaving your lovely 5 star review!
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the live music that we had playing and the drinks that you had, I have passed your lovely comments on to Cy who was chuffed to have made such a positive impact on your visit.
We have a new cocktail menu coming soon, we look forward to seeing you again to try some!

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Visited The Botanist today and had a wonderful time! The cocktails were made beautifully (looked great on my instagram) and tasted lovely! I was also blown away by the outstanding and very friendly service provided by the guys at the bar (Callum, Will and Aid). Thanks so much and will definitely be back again soon!

Dry Ice Obsessed Girl ✨

Hi SassyStudent30

Thank you for leaving your lovely 5 star review!
So happy to see that you had such a great time and enjoyed the cocktails and service you were given! I have passed your lovely comments on to the lads who were all thrilled.
We have a new cocktail menu coming soon, make sure you come and try our new selection!