“not value for money!”
Review of River Rooms

River Rooms
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We've stayed in a lot of hotels, b&b's and hostels, but this would be one of our worst stays. For first impressions, check in was strange to say the least as the man at reception was pleasant yet quite vague and gave no real assistance. The room was clean but cramped, with a tiny bathroom, but adequate, however we originally booked for 4ppl, changed it to 3 well in advance, yet had to pay for 4 but put in a cramped 3 bed that the mgr tried to say would fit another bed. Where? In the bathroom? Added to this we were not even offered the option of the cooked breakfast. Overall it's somewhere to sleep, but not quite the b&b experience we expected. So we'd advise, pay the same money, stay more central where you'll get service with a smile.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank jess1ann

Reviewed December 6, 2010

This hotel wasn't fantastic but it wasn't terrible. The rooms are quite small, the bathrooms very small, but the beds are comfortable and we all managed to get a good night's sleep. The man who cooked the english breakfast was fab, and the food was tasty (especially if you have a hangover). I'm also a vegetarian and they were able to accommodate. A cab to the city centre is roughly 6 quid.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed here for a night whilst visiting Nottingham. It's no frills but does the job. The hotel was clean and the bedroom was a good enough size. The bathroom was a little small, barely big enough for a toilet and stand in shower.
When we arrived the manager was extremely helpful, telling us about points of interest and how we would get to them (he was particularly keen to point out the only Hooters in Britain that wasn't far away)
Breakfast the following day was also very nice

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank apathetic
Reviewed May 18, 2010

As reported by some others, I can confirm that some of the walls at Acorn Hotel are paper-thin. I could hear the guy in the next room snoring like he was in bed with me, which was a little disturbing.

This isn't the best hotel I've ever stayed in, but it IS the best that I've stayed in for £28 including Full English. It was clean and the service was good.

One thing that I would point out is that the building numbers on Radcliffe Road don't appear to be in numerical order. Don't do what I did and think "the numbers are going the wrong way, it can't be further this way". It is.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank TomCV
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This was certainly not the worst place I have ever stayed but far from the best.
I requested a single room but got told I could have a twin and that would give me a private shower, ideal :)
When I arrived the room was full to burst with 3 beds. There were two windows in the room which would have been gorgeous in summer but in January, less so. It made the room very cold and there was a drought coming from both. I tried to turn on the heater but to no avail. The staff had not been overly pleasant when I arrived. It was simply "here is your key, your room is on the second floor" etc etc no pleasantries were exchanged so I did not feel comfortable asking for assistance with the heating... my fault more than theirs.
Breakfast was quick and good. At this point I met the owner / manager of the hotel, who seemed very lovely. Extremely polite man and just the kind of person you want to see running a hotel so top marks for him, less for the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Stayed here for three nights while watching the cricket, which is literally a few metres away. The hotel would be ideal for the City Ground (Notts Forest) and Meadow Lane (Notts County). I stayed in the single with shared bathroom for £25/night plus full English.

Lots of bars and restaurants near by.

A great little B and B

Travelodge Newark North Muskham
Travelodge Newark North Muskham
#1 of 1 in North Muskham
The Birchover Residences - Bridgford Hall

Been to River Rooms? Share your experiences!