“Very good B&B, worth detour from Cotswold Way” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coberley
The Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Coberley B&B and Inns
Cheshire
“Very good B&B, worth detour from Cotswold Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed one night when walking the Cotswold Way. Delightful hosts, tea & cakes on arrival, washed some of our dirty clothes and a good breakfast. What more can you ask for?

Our hosts also gave us a lift to & from the Green Dragon at Cockleford for dinner, a good pub with good food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Roslin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Unfortunately we only stayed here for 1 night, but this place is the archetypal Cotswold B&B. A beautiful location & building set in gorgeous countryside. The hosts couldn't do enough for us and breakfast was perfect.
The room was a generous size with a large onsuite (bath,wc, sink & shower cubicle). Grapes in the room, flowers & fresh fruit available. The room was very dark (good!) and the bed was excellent. I hate to say it, but they should be charging more for this.
I wish we could have stayed there longer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Westerville, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Macs Adventure had somewhat hinted that this was one of my nine nights accommodations by default. Well, I thank them for not coming through with somewhere else. Penelope and David run an excellent B&B with a spacious ensuite room, a nice sitting room, and overflowing with hospitality. I would like to add I had dinner at the Seven Springs pub and was very satisfied with their fare.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

What can I say that has not already been said?
I was welcomed by the lady of the house with tea, cake, fresh strawberries and blue berries in the residents lovely sitting/dining room.
My bedroom was, quiet and very large and looked out over the stream.
The bathroom was also very big - excellent for cleaning up after a day on the Cotswold way.
The breakfast was the best on the whole trip.

Tips - don't eat at the Seven Spings pub. Take the owners offer of a lift.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We walked the Cotswolds over 9 nights and this was the best B & B we stayed. Penny is a natural host and desrves a lot of credit. Very welcoming B&B and I would recommend to anyone. It is slightly off the trail but I know if we'd called, we would have been collected. Thank you for the lift and back to the restaurant.

Great breakfast and service. Thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were part walking the Cotswold Way and stayed here. It's slightly off the way, which when we were at the end of the walk seemed important but that all faded when we got there. I know that David went off and picked up another couple who managed to get lost. I would say that you could stay here though whatever you are up to.

The room was lovely and the views were great. Penny was kind enough to wash our kit and have it all dry for the morning. We popped to the local pub for dinner and were chauffered back and forth by David.

We had a bathroom down the hall but there was robes in the room so we shuffled down and made use of the facilities. Nice big bath with plenty of hot water - was very welcome when we got there

Breakfast was fabulous - huge selection - fruit, cereals, toast and excellent cut breakfast - good quality ingredients clearly.

Penny is a wonderful hostess - I think they could be charging far more than they do currently so if you chose to stay at the B&B you would be getting a bargain.

Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at the Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast for one night hiking the Cotswolds Way. Having had a tough day out there hiking Penny and David just made me feel at home and patched me up again. You can't think of more lovely, thoughtful and helpful persons than them. They welcomed me with a cup of tea and some cake, gave me a lift to a Pub/restaurant close by where I had a very good meal and picked me up again, did some laundry for me,.... They also took personal interest in my person which made me feel very welcome and not "just another guest" like in so many big hotels.
The location of the house in midst of the fields is just beautiful and the room is nice as it could possibly be and spotlessly clean. I started again on the Cotswolds Way the next morning after a very yum breakfast and it was so relaxing there I felt like it was my first day on the road. If you ever walk the Cotswolds Way or get close to Coberley in any way, I highly recommend to stay at the Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coberley
Cowley Manor
Ellenborough Park
Ellenborough Park
#2 of 22 in Cheltenham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,208 reviews

Been to The Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!