“Almost there!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fossebridge
The Inn at Fossebridge
Ranked #1 of 2 Fossebridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed recently in the Fossebridge room, a family sized room with great views over the gardens at the back. We had to ask the cleaners to come back and hoover the carpet again which is quite disappointing when you are paying over £150 for one night. The bathroom was tired too. We were perfectly comfortable but for the price it did not seem special enough. The bar and pub area has fantastic atmosphere and there service in there was good. We felt that we were overpaying for being in the Cotswolds. Breakfast was superb, not served by the owner which was a surprise considering it is only a small hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at th back away from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked 4 of us for Christmas dinner as we were away with friends and we wanted someone else to have the stress of cooking. The booking process was smooth and Alison e mailed me the choices of meals which I returned with a deposit.
On arrival there was a lovely atmosphere, roaring fire, flag stone floor, just what you expect of a country inn. We were shown to our table which was in a side room away from the main bar which had about 4 tables. Only criticism was that the crackers were glitter overload and not only was the waiter covered but we were trying to get rid of it for days :0

The "complimentary" glass of champagne arrived and the meal was then served. Two of us had a salmon terrine with a garnish, one had a spicey soup and the other a chicken terrine- all good size portions.

They were obviously busy and whilst service was not immediate it was appropriate for the day and the circumstances. Two of us then had the turkey which were good size portions, the other two had halibut which was lovely but we both commented we would have liked a touch more sauce and a few new potatoes.

The 12 and a half percent service charge was not optional and on top of the £69 per person ( plus wine) it worked out a bit expensive but it was Christmas Day and who wants to work then?

We really enjoyed it and would reccomend to others and would retirn if in the area.
Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I must state that we visited this place for lunch back in the summer, but haven't got around to writing a review, so things may have changed by now.
We sat in the garden for lunch, a delightful location, but alas the service and the quality of the food was very poor. My husband ordered the rare beef salad, as a main course. It was presented in a small bowl and consisted of just a few rocket leaves and a few strips of beef, no dressing, and small enough to be an appetiser. After complaining, he was given another bowl of mixed leaves. I had the haddock and chips, an extremely small portion of fish and just nine chips! Neither of us have large appetites, but our meals were extremely small and lacking in quality. We would never go back.

Room Tip: This is merely a review of the pub and not the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anothermaturegourmet
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were lucky enough to be invited here for two friends' joint 65th birthday party, including an overnight stay. Our friends' son is Matt, the head chef here and they are right to be proud of his achievements - he laid on a fantastic meal for our party. Top quality food, beautifully cooked and presented.

The inn itself is very traditional in style....flag floors and open fires. All staff really helpful.

Our room (No. 2 - The Fossebridge) was large and well furnished, with a beautiful en-suite bathroom. My only criticisms of it - and I'm sure the owner is aware of these - are as follows:

1. There is nowhere in this room to sit and do hair, face etc. In fact, to paint my nails for the party, I had to sit on the loo and use the top of the cistern! There is a large antique chest of drawers in the room, in the place where a dressing table could go. I'm sure most travellers don't need a huge chest of drawers and something smaller would suffice.
2. The lighting in the 'dressing' end of the room is non-existent. I appreciate the limitations of the period building, but they have managed to squeeze four recessed downlighters over the bed.....where they are not needed!
3. The hairdryer was one of those where you have to hold your finger on the button to keep it going. That made my arthritic hands really hurt!
4. No shower cubicle in the bathroom. I would imagine the owner is on the case regarding this point, as another room is advertised as having a newly-installed shower cubicle. As the bath is quite large, it would seem to be a waste of precious water to only have this facility.

These are only small points, but they do add to guest enjoyment.

Overall, a beautiful property offering great food in a period setting. Ideally situated for exploring the Cotswold area. We only managed to get to Chedworth Roman Villa on the Sunday morning, but this was really worth a visit - really interesting.

Heartily recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front could be noisy, as the Inn is situated on the Fosseway - a busy route.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sallybear61
Reviewed November 30, 2012

While driving cross country towards Bristol I happened across this delightful old world charm establishment and was pleased to get a room , some dinner and drinks and pass an enjoyable evening. The friendly greeting on arrival and the upgrade to a superior room was apreciated. They charge £75 single occupancy in a standard room. £85 in an upgraded room and £95 for superior. I paid the £75 and not sure what I was upgraded to , but it was enough for the room they gave me.. I think all rooms should be the same price, £75 is enough . The BIG drawbackfor me, which should be addressed if there is to be a future is the total lack of WiFi and even more disturbing is NO PHONE SIGNAL FOR O2..network. People today must be contactable. Apart fron this the place is warm and cosy but the housekeeping is a little stale. Looks like they try to run the place on a tight budget, and almost pull it off. The Bar and Dining facilities are excellent, even if a little removed from the main accomodation section. Pints of Guinness at £4.40 is a little OTT as is a 250ml glass of red at £6.55 but my main of local Phesant was perfect at £14.50.. All in all I would return but only 1 night at ba time as the lack of mobile signal and wifi is too restrictive. Perhaps the propitors like it that way ?

Room Tip: I havent seen the basic rooms as i got the upgrade, but only because I asked.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch there on 28th October 2012. Food was nicely presented and tasty. The restaurant is atmospheric with great flag stone floors and a huge roaring log fire. I do have a criticism I'm afraid. It was a busy Sunday lunch session and there are only two single toilets. They are clean but you will more than likely have to wait a long time especially if there is a large party in, which there was when we went. Annoying! They do need to really think about installing decent toilet facilities. Shame because the food is nice.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank AdgeS
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were a large party, celebrating on a Monday/Tuesday. The setting is wonderful and we found our room very nice, lovely bedding, spotless bathroom. Some others in our party had various issues re there rooms though. We note that the hotel does not have any single beds or beds that can be separated, which some of our party would have liked. It was the food that we felt let down our stay. Perhaps it was the menu with the lack of any green vegetable apart from peas! I did ask for something green and some spinach was cooked for me. Strange that a selection wasn't readily available. Must say that the breakfasts were excellent. We found the staff very obliging and cheerful and the atmosphere in the bar nice and lively.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel look out onto the lovely garden.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JaneNorwich

Been to The Inn at Fossebridge? Share your experiences!