“Best Sunday Lunch”

The Plough Inn at Ford
Long Hanborough, United Kingdom
“Best Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been here so many times and I think this is my favourite pub for Sunday Lunch, always busy with fresh veggies tender meats and of course puddings to die for.
If your in the area try it, lovely staff and wonderful food, never disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LandlordPlough, Manager at The Plough Inn at Ford, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Great stuff :-) Hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Moreton in Marsh
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times and have only ever encountered culinary delights! Most recently at xmas I had slow cooked beef...it was amazing! I raved about it so much to the other half...I made him bring me back to dine for Valentines night. I had the venison, whilst my other half had slow cooked pork...both of our meals were just delicious, you again...didn't disappoint..and only validated my high praise!
So we are coming back for more tomorrow evening! Its his birthday...and he wanted to come back! :-)

• Stayed February 2013
Fantastic, so happy that you enjoyed your visit to us and very much look forward to your coming back to see us
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

it was Sunday when we passed the pub,decided to give it a try,what a good move! the bar was buzzing with good humoured locals and Sunday lunch was as good as it can get.We stayed over and our room was immaculate with a choice of different teas, coffees or hot chocolate.Breakfast was also first class with an almost unlimited selection,lovely pub great staff a real find will stay again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you :-) Hope to see you again soon
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I stumbled across this pub whilst driving through the area. It was a Sunday at around 4pm. It said food served all day which I was dubious about because at some pubs that means you get some microwaved pre cooked food but this is not the case here. I had the roast beef which came with lashings of delicious gravy and with lovely Yorkshire puddings and tasty vegetables. My wife had the fish pie which she really enjoyed. The service was great, the girl who served us had a good knowledge of the real ales and was able to recommend one for me. This is a great pub, would not hesitate to come back again!

• Stayed March 2013
LandlordPlough, Manager at The Plough Inn at Ford, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Fantastic, so pleased that you had such a good time with us here at the Plough Inn. We love to get it right and look forward to seeing you again soon
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited The Plough one summer's afternoon after it was recommended for great food and we were not left disappointed. I opted for the homemade fish pie which was really tasty with plenty of fish and flavour. My partner had the beef roast which he also really enjoyed. Lovely little beer garden and the pub is full of character and probably local characters!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, hope to see you again soon
Bristol
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Fantastic end to a lovely day out in the Cotswold's.
Our third time visiting the Plough and the quality of the food is still of the same high standard.
The staff were very accommodating and friendly.
We will be back very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hereford
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on Friday evening, had a fantastic meal and the Room was everything we could wish for, very friendly staff and Manager, we will return. , great country pub! With excellent menu choice and a real friendly welcome. Plenty of car parking and a great view of the horses on the gallops early morning .superb spot !

• Stayed November 2012
LandlordPlough, Public Relations Manager at The Plough Inn at Ford, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you. It is always heart warming to hear how much customers enjoyed their visit to the Plough Inn. We do hope you will visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Guiting
The Old Stocks Inn
The Old Stocks Inn
#1 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter
The Hollow Bottom
The Hollow Bottom
#1 of 3 in Guiting Power

Been to The Plough Inn at Ford? Share your experiences!